PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Blank DVDs

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 08:24 PM
Any of you guys got blank dvds lying around collecting dust, also looking for one of those soft wallet things that holds 50 DVDs, my new car has old technology.

dj_rice
08-04-2020, 08:59 PM
If you can't find any, Memory Express $14.99 for a stack of 50
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX13395

Swank
08-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Got a bunch of the soft wallets taking up room at work, next time I go in I'll grab some for you (I usually go in weekly), no charge for the dust on them either!

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 11:11 AM
great I would appreciate some of those. I used to have a large one until last year and a pile of blank dvds and i recycled them all thinking I would never need these again.

topmade
08-05-2020, 12:46 PM
I have spindle with about 80 x 4.7gb discs you can have and a bunch of soft/hard/paper covers. I know I have some wallet cases but might have thrown them out but I'll look around.

Xtrema
08-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Does it have an AUX in at least? Get a BT adapter connected to AUX in and you can at least stream from phones.

Not sure what Infiniti you bought but I'm sure there is an AUX/Ipod input on the headunit.

https://youtu.be/mObm07vrXK0

Swank
08-05-2020, 02:16 PM
^He's looking for DVDs so I'm assuming wants to play video. If it's the standard AUX/BT connections I'm familiar with then I don't see video happening from a phone.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2020, 02:19 PM
If I didn't throw them all out in my move, I might have a bunch for you. I will check.

Xtrema
08-06-2020, 11:47 AM
^He's looking for DVDs so I'm assuming wants to play video. If it's the standard AUX/BT connections I'm familiar with then I don't see video happening from a phone.

I guess so. But I thought there's a motion lock so it's not like you can watch video on the NAV screen in motion anyway.

And if it's videos for the kids, I would rather throw 2 fire tablets with SD cards than deal with DVDs.

nzwasp
08-06-2020, 12:13 PM
yeah we have a usb input as well. I find it easier for the kids to just change the dvd though especially if i plug a portable dvd player into the AV inputs in the back

My wife seems to be against me ripping dvds of content we already own - she just wants us to rent from library but the library selection is garbage

- - - Updated - - -

I guess so. But I thought there's a motion lock so it's not like you can watch video on the NAV screen in motion anyway.

And if it's videos for the kids, I would rather throw 2 fire tablets with SD cards than deal with DVDs.

They have ipads but I dont like how they look down at their ipads and now the seats are too far away from their seats to use those seat post mounted tablet holders.

Swank
08-06-2020, 02:18 PM
They have ipads but I dont like how they look down at their ipads.

Congrats, you found something less problematic than a first world problem! JK, prob go to work next week, I'll let you know about the wallets, they're like this:

https://www.bigw.com.au/medias/sys_master/images/images/hdc/hda/13610840555550.jpg

nzwasp
08-06-2020, 02:29 PM
yup thats what im looking for.