PDA

View Full Version : tattoo place recommendations for kids ear piercing...

Buster
08-14-2020, 04:52 PM
My daughter is 11 and wants to get her ears pierced. I'm finally going to cave and allow it.

I'm told that tattoo shops are the best place to do it as they are much more pro than the hole punch people at the mall.

Any tattoo places you guys recommend?

adam c
08-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Don’t know if I would say that

When I had piercings I went to Merle Norman, when my first daughter got hers done we took her there too, they use a press instead of a gun

I’ve had piercings done at a tattoo place and it wasn’t pleasant

However if you’re looking for a bigger hole or a cartilage piercing, probably better to goto a tattoo place for a needle

tirebob
08-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Don’t know if I would say that

When I had piercings I went to Merle Norman, when my first daughter got hers done we took her there too, they use a press instead of a gun

I’ve had piercings done at a tattoo place and it wasn’t pleasant

However if you’re looking for a bigger hole or a cartilage piercing, probably better to goto a tattoo place for a needle

Not necessarily more pleasant, but definitely a lot less trauma created at the point of entry which can improve healing time. People who make piercing their life over a minimum wage employee who was just shown how to point and click tend to be a lot more professional and thorough as well as a more calming influence. We took our daughter to Bushido years ago when they still had a piercer but now they only tattoo. I would recommend it for sure over the gun places.

adam c
08-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Like I mentioned they don’t use a typical gun at Merle Norman, definitely nothing traumatizing about it, it feels like someone is putting your ear lobe between their fingers and pressing together, I had 3 piercings done there, and my first daughter when she was 6 months barely noticed it

Tik-Tok
08-14-2020, 05:31 PM
Also used Merle Norman last February on my 5yo. She didn't even flinch.

Clever
08-14-2020, 06:23 PM
I’d check with Anthony at Honour Bound , not sure about his schedule but I’ve heard nothing but good things.

sabad66
08-14-2020, 06:43 PM
We took our baby to Tribal Expression. Kind of expensive (I think we paid $190 all in including the piercings) but it was done well and was a smooth process. Would recommend

ExtraSlow
08-15-2020, 03:25 PM
+1 for tribal expression. Good shop.

Pacman
08-24-2020, 09:56 AM
We used Merle Norman. They use a different system than the standard "guns" that are used at other places. I believe the product is made by Stryker or one of the other big med device companies. Unfortunately, my daughters earrings got pulled out and then got a bit of an infection. They are all healed up now and when she's ready to get them done again, I'll probably take her to Tribal Expression as I've heard the lady who does the piercings there is fantastic.

darthVWader
08-25-2020, 01:20 AM
100% Strange World in Varsity. George is awesome, she'll take good care.