PDA

View Full Version : Repairing an Anova Precision Cooker (original 2014 model)

rage2
08-17-2020, 04:01 PM
Have the original 2014 Anova Precision Cooker. Damn thing died this weekend, doesn't power up anymore even tho I just used it a few days prior. Picked up the current version of the Precision Cooker, and that whine is driving me nuts. I want to get my old one working again.

The thing isn't very serviceable, tried the ifixit teardown and couldn't get it open. Anyone know any shops that could fix it? I'm hoping it's a fuse from water getting into it somewhere, that seems to be the most common issue for no power.

speedog
08-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Myric - https://www.myric.com/Myric-Repair-Services-s/2336.htm

We've used them in the past for some small appliance we had, can't remember what it was but they got it working.

The_Rural_Juror
08-17-2020, 06:23 PM
I didn't have issues with my original 1st gen. That noise is certainly not normal and they should cover it under warranty. If you do decide to buy another one, the Pro model has been on sale a few times in the past year. I prefer the Joule to the regular Anova myself.

killramos
08-17-2020, 06:28 PM
You didn’t buy the Pro?

Does wolf make an immersion cooker?

rage2
08-17-2020, 06:56 PM
I didn't have issues with my original 1st gen. That noise is certainly not normal and they should cover it under warranty. If you do decide to buy another one, the Pro model has been on sale a few times in the past year. I prefer the Joule to the regular Anova myself.
The whine is from the current gen. I picked up a nano and a standard one. Both have this annoying whine sound. The nano is pretty terrible, barely any circulation. Returned that today.

You didn’t buy the Pro?

Was in a pinch. Fired it up to cook kids dinner request and nothing. I disappoint my children enough, don’t need to add food on top of that. Only nano and pro in stock close to me.

Sucks cuz the pro is cheaper than msrp on the standard. :(

The_Rural_Juror
08-17-2020, 07:15 PM

Yes but it is more of a multi cooker.
https://ca.subzero-wolf.com/en/store/wolf-gourmet-countertop-appliances/multi-function-cooker

The_Rural_Juror
08-18-2020, 02:57 PM
My Joule's wifi module is having issues for the first time ever. What kind of voodoo immersion circulator virus is Rage2 spreading around? :rofl:

legendboy
08-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Bring it over

The_Rural_Juror
08-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Bring it over

R U tawking to me? If so, I fixed it. Thanks for the offer.

rage2
08-20-2020, 08:21 AM
Bring it over
Haha sure. I’ll send you a msg this weekend. Thanks man.

The_Rural_Juror
08-20-2020, 08:46 AM
oh...not for me. (⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀)

legendboy
08-21-2020, 08:38 PM
I was talking to rage2 but i you are having problems shoot me a pm