PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan dead in Canada

corsvette
08-18-2020, 03:05 PM
Model year 2021 will be the last for the Titan in Canada. Too bad, kinda liked the new generation.
https://www.motor1.com/news/439198/nissan-titan-discontinued-canada-report/#:~:text=%22The%20Nissan%20Titan%20pickup%20truck,to%20The%20Truth%20About%20Cars.

killramos
08-18-2020, 03:05 PM
Good riddance

Mitsu3000gt
08-18-2020, 03:06 PM
Does the Tundra take most of the sales for people wanting a Japanese truck?

ThePenIsMightier
08-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Wow, I thought these sold reasonably well. Pretty nice truck.

riander5
08-18-2020, 03:09 PM
I believe if you want to over pay more for less features, the Tundra is the king. Nissan just couldnt compete. "oh but it holds its value" said every toyota fanboy ever! haha

killramos
08-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Does the Tundra take most of the sales for people wanting a Japanese truck?

I think that’s the Tacoma

tonytiger55
08-18-2020, 03:27 PM
There was a article about Japanese officals trying to push a merger with Nissan + Honda.

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/japanese-officials-tried-push-nissan-honda-merger-report-says

Nissan does not seem to be doing well. On a separate note. I don't get their SUV lineup at all, its like Nissan competing with itself.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-18-2020, 03:32 PM
How did it even make it this long?

Ca_Silvia13
08-18-2020, 03:36 PM
How did it even make it this long?

The last re-fresh really tanked any interest. I feel they pushed too hard to get a diesel in there and not 1 person seemed to care there was a diesel optioned Titan.

ThePenIsMightier
08-18-2020, 03:50 PM
The last re-fresh really tanked any interest. I feel they pushed too hard to get a diesel in there and not 1 person seemed to care there was a diesel optioned Titan.

I think that's because they stick a Cummins in it. That was dumb as fuck. Any Japanese truck customer isn't likely going to want an American diesel power plant.

civic_stylez
08-18-2020, 04:01 PM
I think that's because they stick a Cummins in it. That was dumb as fuck. Any Japanese truck customer isn't likely going to want an American diesel power plant.

Considering the Japanese pride themselves on the engines they make and the ability for these engines to take insane amounts of abuse without breaking... it was a surprise to see the Cummins. I wouldnt say it was a cop-out but definitely not their best decision. Whats next? An eco-boost in a GTR? Toyota seemed to think the Germans building the new Supra was a good idea so who knows...

ThePenIsMightier
08-18-2020, 04:22 PM
Considering the Japanese pride themselves on the engines they make and the ability for these engines to take insane amounts of abuse without breaking... it was a surprise to see the Cummins. I wouldnt say it was a cop-out but definitely not their best decision. Whats next? An eco-boost in a GTR? Toyota seemed to think the Germans building the new Supra was a good idea so who knows...

My friend had a raging clue to buy their diesel Titan XD the instant it came out. It was hilarious watching his soul implode when I told him it was going to be a Cummins. He was so crushed and yet so angry on this anti-Cummins, old man yells at cloud, Ford pissing on Dodge rant! I laughed and laughed!!!
RoFL!!

He bought the gasser Platinum XD and I think it's a pretty nice truck. Ride is a little rougher than I expected.

Xtrema
08-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Nissan does not seem to be doing well. On a separate note. I don't get their SUV lineup at all, its like Nissan competing with itself.

The market seems to all going that way.....

Kicks = FWD sub-compact ======> CH-R/Soul/HR-V/Venue
Qashqai = AWD sub-compact ====> xxx/Seltos/HR-V/Kona
Rogue = AWD compact ========> RAV4/Sportage/CR-V/Tuscon
Murano = AWD 2 row mid size ====> Venza/Sorento/Passport/Santa Fe
Pathfinder = AWD 3 row mid size ==> Highlander/Telluride/Pilot/Palisade
Armada = AWD body on frame ====> 4Runner/xxx/xxx/xxx

As for merger, I don't think Honda is healthy enough to take them on and all Nissan future products rests on Renault/Nissan common platforms. It's going to cost them a lot to get off that.

Also, as Nissan goes south, how they treated Ghosn means there will be nobody riding in to save them this time.

Maxx Mazda
08-18-2020, 06:54 PM
I don’t understand the thread title. The Nissan what?

Disoblige
08-18-2020, 10:50 PM
Nissan fucking sucks. Whoever buys a Nissan these days probably did it out of convenience as they were the closest dealer to them. Or maybe a high school grad present for barely passing so they get a Nissan Kicks out of spite.

ShermanEF9
08-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Nissan does a great job at presenting their recycled garbage as new. This isn't shocking at all.

Skrilla
08-19-2020, 08:31 AM
Not really surprised. Actually looked like Nissan didn't care either, I mean the Titan was the same truck for like 14 years and then expect to sell a shit load with one redesign that, although better than Gen 1, its still kind of shit. Never been a fan myself, owned a Titan back in 2011, didn't last long as it did nothing better than the competition.

Masked Bandit
08-25-2020, 09:14 PM
Had a friend buy a Titan a year ago, nice enough looking machine. After he had it for about six months I asked him how he liked it and his response was "I should have bought the Ram".

J-D
08-25-2020, 09:17 PM
I feel like all the people who ran Infiniti into the ground moved over to the Nissan floor or something...

hampstor
08-26-2020, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they exited this segment altogether - they haven't been able to moving the needle forward with trucks to attract people away from the established manufacturers with their current version. They recognized this a decade ago (they tried to partner with Dodge for the Ram trucks) - but for some reason they kept wanting to go after the full size segment. It's too bad they couldn't have used all those years to get ahead more rather than just play catch up. I really liked my Gen1 Titan (2005) and it had a lot going for it then when compared to the 04/05 1/2 tons of that era.

JRSC00LUDE
08-26-2020, 10:01 PM
I can count on zero fingers how many Titans I have seen this year.

littledan
08-26-2020, 10:48 PM
The nissan pro4x has a wicked 4x4 system. I made it through deeeeeeep mud in a farmer's field out in sask with a rental titan. Would have prob got stuck with the ford lol.

Darkane
08-27-2020, 07:40 AM
The only good thing is the 5.6L V8 in the truck.

The XD wasn’t good. They should focus on the frontier - which they will. That will be a sweet midsize truck, and the power train is looking great.