PDA

View Full Version : Longer Term Car Rentals

Mitsu3000gt
08-19-2020, 09:01 AM
I may need to rent a car for a month or two, does anyone know of any long term rental options that might be better than just going down to Enterprise or whatever? Their rates were about $259/wk and $639/2 weeks. I don't care what kind of car it is, economy/compact or whatever. Has anyone been down this road before and found something better? I'm nervous about services like Turo due to it being owned by an individual rather than a company, and any damage disputes that may follow.

pheoxs
08-19-2020, 09:03 AM
I may need to rent a car for a month or two, does anyone know of any long term rental options that might be better than just going down to Enterprise or whatever? Their rates were about $259/wk and $639/2 weeks. I don't care what kind of car it is, economy/compact or whatever. Has anyone been down this road before? TIA

I know driving force does monthly rentals, though I don't know the cost

you&me
08-19-2020, 09:22 AM
I recall that some of the domestic dealers were doing really short term leases on trucks, basically just so they could punch them for export... Might be something to look into.

Tik-Tok
08-19-2020, 09:36 AM
I may need to rent a car for a month or two, does anyone know of any long term rental options that might be better than just going down to Enterprise or whatever? Their rates were about $259/wk and $639/2 weeks. I don't care what kind of car it is, economy/compact or whatever. Has anyone been down this road before and found something better?

Did you call them, or just check online? For a long term rental, if you call they'll give a farrr better rate than what the websites say.

ExtraSlow
08-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Did you call them, or just check online? For a long term rental, if you call they'll give a farrr better rate than what the websites say.

Yes phone them. All the "regular" rental places do longer term stuff.

Mitsu3000gt
08-19-2020, 10:02 AM

I called Enterprise just to get a baseline - that's pretty much all I've done so far. The rates above are for an Economy car. I'll try Driving Force next for a comparison.

ExtraSlow
08-19-2020, 10:08 AM
When calling, call one of the smaller local locations that is NOT airport or downtown. Those locations charge more. If you can do north hill avis, pm me and I'll give you a name to drop.

Mitsu3000gt
08-19-2020, 10:13 AM
When calling, call one of the smaller local locations that is NOT airport or downtown. Those locations charge more. If you can do north hill avis, pm me and I'll give you a name to drop.

Good to know, thanks. When I called enterprise it seemed like a central dispatch, but I am not 100% sure.

I can do anything if the price is right haha. I'm also going to see if the dealer will give me a service loaner for a couple weeks, and offer to pay them something for that.

Basically I sold my current car, so I need something to cover me until early September at which point I am going on vacation for 3 weeks, and may need something again when I return, not sure yet.

Brent.ff
08-19-2020, 10:16 AM
I have a LT rental from enterprise currently for work, ~1100 a month for jeep cherokee