PDA

View Full Version : Flipper zero - get a head start - keys in Faraday cage and fuel cutoff...

AndyL
09-02-2020, 08:14 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flipper-devices/flipper-zero-tamagochi-for-hackers

8000x it's initial funding. 38,000 backers already.

It's a handheld SDR, with Bluetooth, rfid and NFC built in already.

Basically a script kiddies way to steal your car now in handheld form. With a tamagochi game interface.

About the only thing missing is an amplifier and external antenna. But rest assured it has expandable io to add those easily :banghead:

A790
09-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Yea, I was chatting with some pentesters back in July that were excited for this...

zieg
09-02-2020, 10:07 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XHQ33XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these boxes and verified that even right beside the car the key is shielded enough that it can't be detected. Easy enough to toss the keys in there instead of hang em up.

revelations
09-02-2020, 10:29 PM
This will be way more than just cars - once the 14 year old autistic nerds get a hold of this, anything with RF is at risk.

ThePenIsMightier
09-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Is there a way to modify the open source code to make sure the users stay virgins, forever?
Oh... That's already in the code?
Never mind.

AndyL
09-02-2020, 11:08 PM
This will be way more than just cars - once the 14 year old autistic nerds get a hold of this, anything with RF is at risk.

None of it is new and ground breaking. But until now you needed a laptop or pi, basically a backpack full of gear and some ability to assemble/configure.

Handheld game style... Opens it up a lot past the geeks nerds and dweebs...

revelations
09-03-2020, 10:00 AM
None of it is new and ground breaking. But until now you needed a laptop or pi, basically a backpack full of gear and some ability to assemble/configure.

Handheld game style... Opens it up a lot past the geeks nerds and dweebs...

Thats exactly it, bored 14 year olds now suddenly have an all in one tool ready to go.

AndyL
09-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Thats exactly it, bored 14 year olds now suddenly have an all in one tool ready to go.

Kinda why I shared it, I'm sure there will be no uptick in car thefts as a result of making it more easily accessible and much more feature rich than the old AliExpress boosters.

98brg2d
09-03-2020, 11:42 AM
What's the implication for garage door openers? Lots of car prowling are specifically looking for door openers, not to steal the car. Garage "stuff" is much easier to dispose of for low end thieves.

revelations
09-03-2020, 11:44 AM
What's the implication for garage door openers? Lots of car prowling are specifically looking for door openers, not to steal the car. Garage "stuff" is much easier to dispose of for low end thieves.

If it has a basic RF setup (not code hopping), its vulnerable.

Bored 14 year olds riding around on their bikes opening garage doors for lolz......

AndyL
09-03-2020, 12:36 PM
If you have 8-16 switches on the back of your opener you've been vulnerable for ages.

One of the less common brands has a rolling code that can be brute forced in 15-20min.

Genie and liftmaster with rolling code you're relatively safe

98brg2d
09-03-2020, 01:14 PM
If you have 8-16 switches on the back of your opener you've been vulnerable for ages.

One of the less common brands has a rolling code that can be brute forced in 15-20min.

Genie and liftmaster with rolling code you're relatively safe

I think the last time I opened the remote was 9 years ago, when you serviced the doors. I think my large remotes have switches but my fob remotes don’t and I have to reprogram them by opening the door motor cover and pressing a reset button and syncing the remotes, not by flipping dip switches. I assume that means I have rolling codes???

mr2mike
09-03-2020, 01:32 PM
This is like a game genie for opening things.

AndyL
09-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah if you have a learn button you're rolling code.

There's a lot of universal remotes out there with dip switches too - so it really only matters if you have the switches on the opener itself.

nzwasp
09-03-2020, 04:01 PM
I wonder what the range on this would be - could you go into a parkade and steal cars from people working in the building next door.

AndyL
09-03-2020, 10:33 PM
I wonder what the range on this would be - could you go into a parkade and steal cars from people working in the building next door.

Perspective wise - Ford fiesta keyfob is 4dbm, the flipper is 12. Before we start looking at boosters and directional antennas.