PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental Deals?

Shaolin
03-31-2004, 11:54 PM
anyone got hookups to Car Rental deals? I'm heading down to Seattle at the end of July for the Chelsea vs Celtic soccer game and am thinking of renting a car instead of driving my own.

There'll be 4 of us and the cars we drive wouldn't be very comfortable.

Anyways, if there are hookups.. then well.. hook a brother up.. k thanx :D :thumbsup:

max_boost
04-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Not sure about deals but just some quick points of reference if you don't know about them yet.

You must be 21 years of age.

If you are over 25, you are entitled to a wide selection of vehicles.

If you are under 25, you can only rent economy cars. i.e. Corolla, Sunfire etc.

Make sure your credit card matches your driver's license because for example, my birth name is different than the name I go by (which was on my credit card)

Make sure you carry a platinum or gold credit card because a benefit to this card is they cover you for rental cars. Budget made me call my credit card company to verify I had insurance

I was at Budget in Vancouver a few weeks ago and rented an 02 Corolla and drove to Seattle for a couple days. Got the car Monday and returned it Thursday and cost came to $300

:eek:

JordanLotoski
04-01-2004, 12:02 AM
i dont think there are alot of places that let u take them out of the country i could be wrong though

Shaolin
04-01-2004, 12:30 AM
heh thanx guys.. I actually worked at budget about 5 years ago so I know the whole deal :D

I will be 25 by July :D

I'll probably get my mom to rent it because of her gold card will cover the insurance, and have them add me as an additional driver..

Anyways, if you guy sknow anyone that can hook me up, let me know :D. thanx.

benyl
04-01-2004, 01:09 AM
www.travelocity.ca should have the best price you can get. ask corporate type people with you know that might have upgrade tickets. TELUS buys us Hertz Gold memberships and we get some every year. I have a few, but I use them all the time. Plus most of the ones I have expire at the end of April. If I have one that I won't use, I will let you know.