PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2020: Trick-or-Treating Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Disoblige
09-21-2020, 09:45 AM
What are all of you doing differently this year, if anything, for trick-or-treating?

I feel like a lot of people are still going to move ahead with it, so I'm going to prepare to hand out candy just in case. My area has a LOT of kids, so we'll see what happens...

ExtraSlow
09-21-2020, 09:48 AM
We have talked about it, and we have no issues sending our kids out just as normal. What we will probably do is leave the candy from that day in a sealed bag for 48h afterwards, and give them some from our own stockpile for eating that night and next day.

killramos
09-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Just make sure you wear a mask!

... Get it?

cet
09-21-2020, 10:21 AM
We have talked about it, and we have no issues sending our kids out just as normal. What we will probably do is leave the candy from that day in a sealed bag for 48h afterwards, and give them some from our own stockpile for eating that night and next day.

+1 That's what my plan was as well

pheoxs
09-21-2020, 11:27 AM
For giving out candy just have a candy bin and some tongs and drop candy in their bags. No contact so shouldn't be unsafe at all.

For parents I'd just leave the candy for a couple days and let them have it. Maybe go buy some candy on your own and pack a treat bag they get halloween night so they can still have some and wait for the rest.

Tik-Tok
09-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Just make sure you wear a mask!

... Get it?

So, go as a Tulsa cop from The Watchmen?

Thaco
09-21-2020, 12:45 PM
nope, traditional Halloween is cancelled, we're just gonna have a family game night or movie night or something and then take the kids out to the store the next day and they can buy some half price candy for themselves :D

B.Spilner
09-21-2020, 04:06 PM
My 7 year olds bday is on Halloween. Party time as usual.

killramos
09-21-2020, 04:12 PM
So, go as a Tulsa cop from The Watchmen?

I was thinking more Karen style

blownz
09-23-2020, 12:21 PM
My older kid was stopped going last year and my younger one was thinking about not going this year and asked us. We discussed just letting them pick out a snack and having a movie night at home and they were both good with that.

I will be honest, I like the excuse not to hand anything out. lol

Masked Bandit
09-23-2020, 12:35 PM
10000% yes. I don't care if I have to stand on the roof of my house and fire candy out of a homemade bazooka to the neighbourhood kids...it's happening!

Tik-Tok
09-23-2020, 12:40 PM
We only normally get 1/2 dozen kids a year aty house so this time we're taking a different strategy. Instead, while my wife and daughter are out trick or treating, I'm going to hand out candy from the back of my van while I slowly follow them through the neighborhood.

reiRei
09-23-2020, 12:57 PM
We're organizing a Trunk 'n' Treat and handing out tongs for anyone bringing a car so that they don't have to touch the candy.

dezmarez
09-23-2020, 01:05 PM
I'm curious if the city/AHS is going to come out with any guidelines/recommendations. It looks like CDC is recommending to scrap it all together. Community spread in the US has obviously been more significant than in Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7350241/cdc-halloween-coronavirus-trick-or-treat/

As a family, we are still debating, still sometime to figure it out. Glad this thread is out there though, gives some perspective of what other people are thinking.

topmade
09-24-2020, 03:04 PM
My kids outgrew trick or treating many years ago, but I still give out candy and I will keep the lights on with treats onhand this halloween for those who come seek it and I will figure out a way to hand it out safely. Maybe with a extension pole or something.

shakalaka
09-24-2020, 03:09 PM
This is our first year in a house and not condo so I don't know what the protocol is. I am hoping they officially cancel it or something, there's just way too many freakin kids in my neighbourhood and I don't wanna sit at the door the whole time. lol

Xtrema
09-24-2020, 03:12 PM
This is our first year in a house and not condo so I don't know what the protocol is. I am hoping they officially cancel it or something, there's just way too many freakin kids in my neighbourhood and I don't wanna sit at the door the whole time. lol

That's the exact protocol. Or you can just leave a bowl and tongs out. But I get way too many teenagers now and that would have been cleared out in no times.

schurchill39
09-24-2020, 03:24 PM
I love taking the little dude out but we won't be going. He can wear his costume to daycare then my wife and I will gorge on candy. The last time we handed out candy we had 13 kids because my house is in a bit of a funny spot so its not even worth it anymore.

chongkee_
09-24-2020, 03:31 PM

Leave an empty bowl outside your door with a sign that says take 3 each.:D

shakalaka
09-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Leave an empty bowl outside your door with a sign that says take 3 each.:D

Lol. Good idea.

Funny enough, we were house sitting my in laws' place either last Halloween or one before and we did leave a Bowl out with a sign saying 'take x each' and literally within 5 freakin minutes some jackass stole them all. Kids these days are pretty fuckin untrustworthy. I hope I can raise my future kid(s) to be better human.

gwill
09-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Sounds like we will be taking out the kids this year. Our Halloween ritual typically involves trick or treating then driving out that night for opening day of hunting season.

g-m
09-30-2020, 08:08 AM
Will definitely give out candy, Halloween is important

Buster
09-30-2020, 08:15 AM

Protocol is you stand at the door handing out candy and pretending the little kids look cute and giving the stink eye to profiteering teenagers.

(Also, we're not doing halloween this year. I can't think of a worse idea than a system set up to ensure every household and person interacts with every single OTHER household. That's gotta be even better than a BLM protest for spreading covid.)

dirtsniffer
09-30-2020, 08:16 AM
any kid that's brave enough to come to my house is getting 2 full size bars this year. Last year I only had about 12 kids so i'm expecting even less this year.

Buster
09-30-2020, 08:18 AM
any kid that's brave enough to come to my house is getting 2 full size bars this year. Last year I only had about 12 kids so i'm expecting even less this year.

Why didn't you say so? What's your address, I'll get the kids dressed up and send them on over.

spikerS
09-30-2020, 10:00 AM
10000% yes. I don't care if I have to stand on the roof of my house and fire candy out of a homemade bazooka to the neighbourhood kids...it's happening!

This will be me as well. I will build some sort of candy delivery system to maintain social distancing with lights and stuff to make it fun.

ThePenIsMightier
09-30-2020, 10:12 AM
This will be me as well. I will build some sort of candy delivery system to maintain social distancing with lights and stuff to make it fun.

You're the fancy wood worker guy, aren't you? I'm picturing some Wile E. Coyote, Acme delivery system that goes through 12+ changes in direction already!
LoL!

killramos
09-30-2020, 10:16 AM
Protocol is you stand at the door handing out candy and pretending the little kids look cute and giving the stink eye to profiteering teenagers.

(Also, we're not doing halloween this year. I can't think of a worse idea than a system set up to ensure every household and person interacts with every single OTHER household. That's gotta be even better than a BLM protest for spreading covid.)

But I thought we could wear masks and be ok!

D'z Nutz
09-30-2020, 10:26 AM

Haha please post pics when you do! My friends were talking about rolling candy down Hot Wheels tracks from their upper level window, but I don't think they were entirely serious.

AndyL
09-30-2020, 11:30 AM
fire candy out of a homemade bazooka

Beyond group design/build project? :rofl:

ExtraSlow
10-01-2020, 09:30 AM
Fuck Halloween, what about Thanksgiving? That usually has much longer closer contact, and usually includes vulnerable senior citizens.

Buster
10-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Fuck Halloween, what about Thanksgiving? That usually has much longer closer contact, and usually includes vulnerable senior citizens.

Covid really puts the giving in Thanksgiving.

topmade
10-01-2020, 02:29 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. A little gift bag with a can of pop, chocolate bar and small bag of chips for any brave souls coming out this year.

Power_Of_Rotary
10-07-2020, 04:34 AM
No wonder Covid is spreading like wildfire in North America. This shouldnt even be a poll. It boggles my mind to see the replies here. Trick or treat is not worth risking your child, yourself, your family, your friends, etc.

I dont care how "safe" you think you are being but the virus can easily be spread on surfaces such as the candy wrapper, door/doorbell, etc.. Kids (hell, everyone) is always touching their face. There is always a chance someone will spread/catch it, and hence this vicious cycle cannot end. Fucking North Americans have no idea how to prioritize shit. Even if you dont end up dying, is trick or treating really worth getting sick over?

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 06:33 AM
Do you have kids?

ThePenIsMightier
10-07-2020, 06:51 AM
No wonder Covid is spreading like wildfire in North America. This shouldnt even be a poll. It boggles my mind to see the replies here. Trick or treat is not worth risking your child, yourself, your family, your friends, etc.

I dont care how "safe" you think you are being but the virus can easily be spread on surfaces such as the candy wrapper, door/doorbell, etc.. Kids (hell, everyone) is always touching their face. There is always a chance someone will spread/catch it, and hence this vicious cycle cannot end. Fucking North Americans have no idea how to prioritize shit. Even if you dont end up dying, is trick or treating really worth getting sick over?

So, you are confident there will be an extreme jump in active cases within one week after Halloween?

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 06:53 AM
I can't see how Halloween has any risk above in-person restaurant dining or certainly in-person schooling.

2Legit2Quit
10-07-2020, 07:18 AM
For those handing out candy like I aim to do, should I wear my mask out of courtesy while handing out candy or is it a yolo situation? I'd ask about wearing gloves but I feel like they'd be redundant as I'd be touching things inside my house or have to swap through a million pairs.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Gloves totally useless for that situation. Mask if you intend to be within 2m of strangers, just like usual. If you rig up a candy slide, then nah. Maybe strongest argument FOR the candy slide.

bjstare
10-07-2020, 08:12 AM
I've got a 2 y/o and newborn, we won't be halloweening this year. We got my older one a costume and we will still go see the grandparents, maybe carve pumpkins and stuff... but that's probably it. Not too into running around the neighborhood.

Power_Of_Rotary
10-07-2020, 08:20 AM
So, you are confident there will be an extreme jump in active cases within one week after Halloween?

Nope. Probably wont change much given overall behavior is poor anyways lmao

But my point is: Why put your child and others at risk? Just like drunk driving probably wont kill you or anyone. But when you do, youll can yourself if it was worth it. Being socially irresponsible or ignorant is the same as drunk driving.

Look at how Asia has reversed the outbreaks. Most people are aware of the risks and thinks about themselves and others.

second thought: fuck it, go do whatever you like and get sick and maybe kill off a friend or family member

The_Rural_Juror
10-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Isn't this a pagan ritual anyway? Draw a pentagram in your basement, light some candles, and call it a day. Free candy are for pervs.

FraserB
10-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Nope. Probably wont change much given overall behavior is poor anyways lmao

But my point is: Why put your child and others at risk? Just like drunk driving probably wont kill you or anyone. But when you do, youll can yourself if it was worth it. Being socially irresponsible or ignorant is the same as drunk driving.

Look at how Asia has reversed the outbreaks. Most people are aware of the risks and thinks about themselves and others.

second thought: fuck it, go do whatever you like and get sick and maybe kill off a friend or family member

Oh, enough with the hyperbole. All this pandemic cheerleading might have been hot a few months ago, but people are getting tired of the chicken little routine, even if it makes you feel better. Stay home and don't go out if that's what makes you happy.

How many times have you gone and gotten groceries, gotten take out, picked up something from a store? Walking around outside with masks on is going to carry less risk than any of the indoor activities people have been partaking in. If people are really worried, set aside the candy for a few days; although I doubt many people are doing that with their groceries after they visit a busy store and collect food and packages that have been pawed through.

Disoblige
10-07-2020, 08:36 AM
I feel like the Halloween house parties that will be happening (oh, they will be occurring especially being a Saturday) is going to make the cases jump up.

Trick or treating, probably not so much but I never really cared for it in the first place.
I feel like my kid would have way more fun having a stay-at-home Halloween where they get spoiled with lots of fun activities and all the sweets and food they can eat.
I get the whole experience Halloween thing, but one year isn't going to harm anyone's childhood experience.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Trick or treating is less dangerous than getting a haircut. And WAAAAY less dangerous than having a party at your own house with people from outside yiur household.

Xtrema
10-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Trick or treating is less dangerous than getting a haircut. And WAAAAY less dangerous than having a party at your own house with people from outside yiur household.

This. And haircut is way less fun without the chit chat.

ThePenIsMightier
10-07-2020, 09:08 AM
I wish Halloween was outside so we could feel safer about it.
Oh, Halloween is outside.

Buster
10-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Why do you say this?

There is individual risk, and then there is population level risk.

dirtsniffer
10-07-2020, 09:26 AM
my 2 yo is in daycare with like 20 kids. for sure her going to stop by a few neighbours houses on halloween is way less risky.. For her anyways, maybe not the neighbours lol.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Why do you say this?

There is individual risk, and then there is population level risk.

Let's use the house party as an example. Say my family of 4 invites 2 other families of 4 over for a party lasting 2 hours. So those 12 people will be in close proximity to each other, and sharing food and serving utensils (because every party has food) and nobody will be wearing masks.
Compared to my family of 4, visiting say 20 neighborhood house doorsteps, where we will be within 2m of those 20 individuals for around 45 seconds each time, receiving wrapped food that isn't eaten right away, and the kids will be wearing masks, and I assume the adults at the doors will have about a 50% masking rate.

Am I off base that the house party is wildly more dangerous? If I'm wrong about that, then I clearly have zero understanding of how this virus is transmitted.

Power_Of_Rotary
10-07-2020, 10:16 AM

No doubt on the severity and risk. But my point is: is it necessary to go trickortreating? Comeon... grocery shopping is a necessity and I assume the adults (maybe I am wrong looking at the NA figures) will take more precautions in sanitizing hands.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2020, 10:19 AM
Totally true. Reducing the number and frequency of all activities is a good way to reduce your overall risk. I still do click-and-collect and I swear it's not because I'm lazy, but it's a legit risk reduction measure.

Buster
10-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Let's use the house party as an example. Say my family of 4 invites 2 other families of 4 over for a party lasting 2 hours. So those 12 people will be in close proximity to each other, and sharing food and serving utensils (because every party has food) and nobody will be wearing masks.
Compared to my family of 4, visiting say 20 neighborhood house doorsteps, where we will be within 2m of those 20 individuals for around 45 seconds each time, receiving wrapped food that isn't eaten right away, and the kids will be wearing masks, and I assume the adults at the doors will have about a 50% masking rate.

Am I off base that the house party is wildly more dangerous? If I'm wrong about that, then I clearly have zero understanding of how this virus is transmitted.

I'm not saying people are right or wrong or going into Karen mode - and I don't think we actually really know how to quantify these things.

But you can look at these things as (probability of transmission)x(frequency) = (transmission rate of activity). Halloween might by lower on probability of transmission, but it would be very high on the frequency of interaction. A dinner party would almost 100% give you transmission if one person is infected, but it is a low probability that your dinner party guest is infected. It is almost a 100% certainty that at least one trick or treater visiting your house has been exposed or is infected. Now this person is going around to every house in the neighbourhood (and everyone is going to their house). It is exactly the networked activity that keeps epidemiologists up at night. For what? So kids can eat paraffin masquerading as chocolate?

I don't get it, but that's me.

I'm buying my kids Switch Lites as compensation and telling them Covid sucks.

Xtrema
10-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Nah, don't worry about Halloween. We'll be f'd after Thanksgiving anyway.

As long as everyone keep social distancing and mask wearing, it's no better or worse than a grocery trip doing trick or treating.

Partying indoor is more of a concern but it's not like that's not happening right now anyway and Thanksgiving would have gave us tons of that.

Now I don't think we'll see Halloween like this for a while tho.

https://youtu.be/Hw8YtsAFDaQ

ExtraSlow
10-27-2020, 06:54 AM
Two weeks later, new opinions?

Masked Bandit
10-27-2020, 07:27 AM
Nope, still happening.

cet
10-27-2020, 08:26 AM
Getting my girl together with her cousins and taking them out to Trick-or-treat. The weather seems all over the place. Hopefully it warms up a bit

nzwasp
10-27-2020, 08:43 AM
Having a halloween party at a friends house with less than 15 people. Unsure if we will go out trick or treating or just let kids find candy in the house or garden.

reiRei
10-27-2020, 09:13 AM
Still hosting a Trunk N' Treat! Posted in the event thread - come see us this weekend :D

ercchry
10-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Here is the real concern with this:

Well, we all knows it will be a shit show after thanksgiving.

We all knows there are people trying to spread this intentionally to prove their narratives.

So I'm not surprised.

People are nuts, people are even more nuts this year. Takes only one intentional shithead candy taker or candy giver to fuck it all up.

Meanwhile, I’m not partaking either way, as usual. Giant dogs don’t do well with constant noise from the door... nor the sticky fingers of small children

Disoblige
10-27-2020, 10:35 AM
I am definitely considering not handing out candy anymore.
Bought a lot and ready to go if we change our mind, but it's looking less appealing than when I started this thread originally.

Xtrema
10-27-2020, 11:17 AM
I am definitely considering not handing out candy anymore.
Bought a lot and ready to go if we change our mind, but it's looking less appealing than when I started this thread originally.

Nah, don't worry about Halloween. We'll be f'd after Thanksgiving anyway.

called it.

Kloubek
10-27-2020, 01:03 PM
We will hand candy out with masks on, as well as take our 8 year old out. As others have said, we will leave the candy out in the garage for a couple of days, and make sure he keeps.his distance where he can. Our guy absolutely loves Halloween so it would he a real shame to blow a year of his waiting due to something that is really quite low risk. He risks more going to school every day, imo.

Buster
10-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Everyone who has ever caught covid: "well, this activity is actually pretty low risk, so I should be fine."

ExtraSlow
10-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Everyone who has ever caught covid: "well, this activity is actually pretty low risk, so I should be fine."

Accurate.

2Legit2Quit
10-27-2020, 07:57 PM

Xtrema
10-28-2020, 08:43 AM
With probably many not handing out candies this year, it may be strategic to do some researches on confirmed household before heading out or you may be doing a long walk for nothing.

https://www.trickortreatme.com/map/

adam c
10-28-2020, 08:54 AM
Haven't decided yet, my oldest doesn't even have a costume and would most likely be her last halloween going house to house

This would have been my youngest first halloween but even the weather looks chilly to take a <1 out and around, when my oldest was really young we took her to the mall, but that's not gonna happen this year

killramos
10-28-2020, 09:01 AM
Haven't decided yet, my oldest doesn't even have a costume and would most likely be her last halloween going house to house

That’s what you think... hahaha

The_Rural_Juror
10-28-2020, 09:04 AM
Hypothetically. I have crappy neighbours. I will put my their address on the tricktreat map and many candies on their steps. I don't want them to die but a little bit of covids diarrhea would bring some balance back to the neighbourhood.

Tik-Tok
10-28-2020, 09:19 AM
That’s what you think... hahaha

It'll be they're first year going door to door, dressed as a mooching teenager.

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 09:27 AM
I've decided. Not going to hand out candy this year.

3 giant boxes of candy sitting at home. Some of that is going in my belly. Fuck returning cheap Halloween candy, even though it'll be much cheaper on Nov 1st :cry:

RIP Honda Fit that will be parked outside and will get egged.

ThePenIsMightier
10-28-2020, 09:32 AM

Look at you! Giving so much credit for our fellow members of society who are obviously analyzing their risks and thinking ahead before acting! Who are you and what have you done with Buster?

What percentage of people have the ability to think ahead about anything, let alone analyze risks?

Consider you're driving on a straight highway with good visibility. You see a cop with a pulled over vehicle and lights a flashing. Now consider when you first saw it and reacted to it compared to our great co-drivers who represent the rest of society. Did you react about 1km away by verifying you weren't speeding, slowing down a bit and moving to the left lane within the 30+ seconds you had before you came upon the stopped vehicles? Probably.
How about the other mouth-breathers? How many first noticed the cop and slammed on their brakes <100m away? <50m away? How many did nothing and drive by in the right lane at 110? How many struck* the cop? (*This happens surprisingly often in traffic stops).
These people can't even think ahead with something they can see and are driving into. These are the same people with the same abilities to "think ahead" when engaging in activities with risk of CoVid spread.

Note that I'm not saying everyone who gets CoVid is dumb and took too many risks. I firmly believe that everyone can get it and the risks cannot be mitigated to zero, so I'm definitely not blaming anyone who has become infected.
I'm just mocking Buster because it's maybe the first post I've ever seen him giving credit to society. I strongly suspect it was an accident. LoL!!!

Tik-Tok
10-28-2020, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I don't think the people attending a 200 head wedding, were measuring risks at all.

Buster
10-28-2020, 09:38 AM
I just says what I feels...any agenda is not deliberate.

People are not good judges of probability, math, risk or anything else that requires objectivity. I've always maintained that. It's why I make fun of lotteries.

I wonder how many people buy lottery tickets thinking they will be the one, but do high risk covid activities because they won't be the one.

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 09:39 AM
These people can't even think ahead with something they can see and are driving into. These are the same people with the same abilities to "think ahead" when engaging in activities with risk of CoVid spread.

These are also entitled engineers who got laid off and ask how much money they will make in the interview for a general laborer.

ThePenIsMightier
10-28-2020, 09:52 AM
I just says what I feels...any agenda is not deliberate.

People are not good judges of probability, math, risk or anything else that requires objectivity. I've always maintained that. It's why I make fun of lotteries.

I wonder how many people buy lottery tickets thinking they will be the one, but do high risk covid activities because they won't be the one.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Buster again.

- - - Updated - - -

These are also entitled engineers who got laid off and ask how much money they will make in the interview for a general laborer.

This. Which thread is that, again? I want to beak off about that, too!

ExtraSlow
10-28-2020, 09:58 AM
People are not good judges of probability, math, risk or anything else that requires objectivity. I've always maintained that. It's why I make fun of lotteries. I wonder how many people buy lottery tickets thinking they will be the one..... I have always said, if the only value you get from a lottery is when you win, then you should not play. if you get other value win or lose, then that's entertainment expense and can pretty easily be justified as such.

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 10:14 AM
This. Which thread is that, again? I want to beak off about that, too!

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/404069-Cenovus?p=4914157#post4914157
You are welcome.

Buster
10-28-2020, 11:11 AM
I have always said, if the only value you get from a lottery is when you win, then you should not play. if you get other value win or lose, then that's entertainment expense and can pretty easily be justified as such.

You can only get entertainment from lotteries if you're unrealistic about the probabilities...which arrives at the same point.

ExtraSlow
10-28-2020, 11:13 AM
You can only get entertainment from lotteries if you're unrealistic about the probabilities...which arrives at the same point.

I mean, it's the same about drinking alcohol, or watching sports, or buying music or whatever. All entertainment is a waste of money. Or it's not.

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 11:14 AM
I mean, it's the same about drinking alcohol, or watching sports, or buying music or whatever. All entertainment is a waste of money. Or it's not.
What is money for if it's not meant to be wasted???

SKR
10-28-2020, 11:21 AM
I buy a 6/49 and western 6/49 twice a week. I kept track of it last year and I think after winning a couple bucks here and there it cost me under $300 for the year.

vengie
10-28-2020, 11:26 AM
I buy a 6/49 and western 6/49 twice a week. I kept track of it last year and I think after winning a couple bucks here and there it cost me under $300 for the year.

IF you already have $40,000 liquid assets for 6 months of expenses then carry on.

If not tisk tisk.

Buster
10-28-2020, 11:28 AM

I think it is unique. It is different than those other things because the entertainment requires a misunderstanding (or ignoring of) probability. The entertainment value of a lottery ticket comes in the hopes and dreams that you might win.

The_Rural_Juror
10-28-2020, 11:42 AM
People aren't good at probabilities because they only let engineers and actuaries take those elite courses. It's is voter suppression.

Xtrema
10-28-2020, 11:44 AM
The entertainment value of a lottery ticket comes in the hopes and dreams that you might win.

That's all that is. We have a group one at work and it's just something we tease each other about when the job gets challenging. The "winnings" barely cover 20% of the cost.

The problem with group lotto is that you really don't want to be left holding the bag if they do hit it big :D

Buster
10-28-2020, 11:48 AM
That's all that is. We have a group one at work and it's just something we tease each other about when the job gets challenging. The "winnings" barely cover 20% of the cost.

The problem with group lotto is that you really don't want to be left holding the bag if they do hit it big :D

Group lotteries are just an extended for of the miscalculation, as your predicted outcome is the same.

ExtraSlow
10-28-2020, 11:58 AM
Group lotteries are just an extended for of the miscalculation, as your predicted outcome is the same.

We get it, you don't enjoy it. But people have different forms of recreation.

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 12:03 PM
Jesus Christ Buster, I really hope you don't talk about this stuff the way you do at dinners or gatherings.
We know you're not the party type (so no comment on you being a party pooper), but holy shit buzzkill.

Buster
10-28-2020, 12:05 PM
We get it, you don't enjoy it. But people have different forms of recreation.

I agree...people should decide for themselves what they want to enjoy or not enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Christ Buster, I really hope you don't talk about this stuff the way you do at dinners or gatherings.
We know you're not the party type (so no comment on you being a party pooper), but holy shit buzzkill.

No of course not. My wife kicks me under the table.

2Legit2Quit
10-28-2020, 12:13 PM
I buy a $6 lotto max ticket if it's over 50 mill because I'm a baller.

Look at great Albertan success at winning the lotto

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-lottery-lotto-6-49-1.5769393

Tik-Tok
10-28-2020, 12:23 PM

I'm not putting in money on a work group lottery to win. I'm putting in so I'm not suicidal if they did win.

It's anti-suicide insurance.

/stupidjustification

Buster
10-28-2020, 12:23 PM

This is mostly how I go through life, btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAqvfp-wN1Y

Disoblige
10-28-2020, 12:28 PM
I'm not putting in money on a work group lottery to win. I'm putting in so I'm not suicidal if they did win.

/stupidjustification
LMAO. So good.

Fuck you, I just watched a boob on a work server :rofl:

Buster
10-28-2020, 12:32 PM
Fuck you, I just watched a boob on a work server :rofl:

What the fuck did I do?

SKR
10-28-2020, 12:34 PM

/stupidjustification

That is 100% the reason I ever get involved in those. It's a fuckin nightmare if someone asks me to join, especially if there's a dickhead in the group that I don't like.

dirtsniffer
10-28-2020, 12:59 PM
pay once or twice and then forget casually but make sure you stay on the email list.

sabad66
10-28-2020, 01:01 PM
I always enjoy reminders of how good The Wire was. In the top 3 of tv shows all time no question IMO

bjstare
10-28-2020, 01:02 PM

Maybe that’s why we get along.

You’re fortunate you have a wife that kicks you under the table. Mine is on the same page as me, and people just think we’re both assholes.