PDA

View Full Version : Best Fabric protector?

eblend
09-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Hi guys,

New car has Fabric seats (what wife wanted), as well as some door panels (who thought of that!!). I want to protect them. Was going to scotch guard them, but saw some youtube videos and it didn't seem to do much. Also watched some stuff from Chemical Brothers....looked impressive, until another video compared it to another product (don't recall the name)...and it make Chemical Brothers look like shit..so with that said, what is the best on the market? Want to buy a big bottle/jug to last a few years.

Mitsu3000gt
09-25-2020, 04:25 PM
My favorite is gtechniq i1. Works well on Alcantara too.

Has a VERY strong alcohol smell to it, so use it in a well ventilated area, but it will not discolor or change the feel of the fabric.

ExtraSlow
09-25-2020, 04:25 PM
seat covers.

dj_rice
09-25-2020, 04:26 PM
Chemical Brothers or Chemical Guys?

Ceramic coat your interior!

eblend
09-25-2020, 04:38 PM
My favorite is gtechniq i1. Works well on Alcantara too.

Has a VERY strong alcohol smell to it, so use it in a well ventilated area, but it will not discolor or change the feel of the fabric.

Think that's the one that looked impressive when comparing to Chemical GUYS Can it be bought local?

dj_rice
09-25-2020, 07:19 PM
https://carzilla.ca/collections/type-interior/products/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric-100ml

CarZilla also has a bunch of other fabric guard options such as Adams, CarPro

The_Rural_Juror
09-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Saran wrap. I seriously don't know where the guys on here find all these crazy wives.

ThePenIsMightier
09-25-2020, 07:57 PM
We're about ready to, Rock Steady.

Industrial Scotch Guard (TM) will always be tough to beat; but, it's very difficult to get ahold of the proper chemicals compared to yesteryear.
If only I knew a guy who acquired liters of the super-concentrated version from, say, a job at a cleaning company decades ago that mixed at 40-1.

eblend
09-26-2020, 09:05 PM
We're about ready to, Rock Steady.

Industrial Scotch Guard (TM) will always be tough to beat; but, it's very difficult to get ahold of the proper chemicals compared to yesteryear.
If only I knew a guy who acquired liters of the super-concentrated version from, say, a job at a cleaning company decades ago that mixed at 40-1.

Do you know this guy....?

The_Rural_Juror
09-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Get the ExtraSlow seat covers.

eblend
09-26-2020, 10:07 PM
My problem is more the door panels. Someone at Subaru thought it would be a great idea to get fabric in door panels, right where one would put their sweaty elbow or hands when driving..

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/V0vkZwGC3F5pSum_JPnXRCQ9-fMfaJ0BnMich6W0J00LbUMeUWZn8bQMJiNqinR3msmlrIDsice-Ilii8wg-K5LVOVtb630oLd_S8xZTR21kYNB204TcFzufaT5gZSQpK6k0-_thh6Ffc9DSrTM1JUgLuFynUTnTAIsnKoYZchdpuV8o0KPuJN5k2Y2I-RE91DljiTknYC4Y
Reading online people say most cloth now days has factory protection that's much better than all these other products...wonder if that's true....but don't want to test out haha.

Mitsu3000gt
09-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Think that's the one that looked impressive when comparing to Chemical GUYS Can it be bought local?

Yup, easy to find online or Carzilla carries it.

One bottle should cover your front seats + doors + arm rests easily. Make sure whatever you're applying it to is very clean.

Do it in the evening when you won't be driving your car for 10+ hours for the longest possible cure.

I contacted gtecnhiq support and they told me for high wear areas (like seats) it's recommended to re-apply every 4 months, other areas 6-12 months.

I also have Chemical Guys Fabric Guard and the gtechniq stuff is better.

HiSpec
09-28-2020, 11:03 AM
Carpro Fabric Coat or 303 Fabric Guard.
Used the 303 for many years and performed well.
Started using the Carpro last year and performed equally well.

eblend
10-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Carpro Fabric Coat or 303 Fabric Guard.
Used the 303 for many years and performed well.
Started using the Carpro last year and performed equally well.

Read about 303, seems like many people recommend it, so might give that a shot.

Also saw this.....wonder if this would be an economical option that works...not sure if this is the commercial strength that was mentioned earlier.

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/1-gallon-scotchguard-carpet-and-upholstery-protector/p/4510122