PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick a Dodge dealership in Calgary & area?

Masked Bandit
10-04-2020, 12:14 PM
For new sales and service for at least the warranty period, which would it be? Dodge has a shit reputation for dealership quality for sure but who's the best of the bunch?

Buster
10-04-2020, 12:21 PM
I took my wife into an FCA dealership once when the new Durango came out.

She told me never to do that to her again.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-04-2020, 12:47 PM
Varsity has treated me really well, Renfrew in second place.

D'z Nutz
10-04-2020, 12:54 PM
When I was shopping for a Wrangler, I sent out emails to various dealerships outside of the Calgary area.

Cochrane Dodge Jeep RAM and Murray Okotoks Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM responded immediately and spent all day hunting vehicles for me with the options I wanted and the price range I wanted to keep it in. In the end Cochrane won because they found what I was looking first, but I could have easily gone with Okotoks as well. The only time I ever had to step into the dealership was to pick up the vehicle; everything was done over email while I was working. Such a painless process and I didn't have to deal with all the usual dealership shenanigans one normally has to. I'm normally very distrustful of dealerships and I can't recommend Cochrane enough.

Stay the hell away from Renfrew.

roopi
10-04-2020, 01:29 PM
You will get a better deal outside of Calgary. Two family members have purchased trucks from the edmonton area in a past few months with much better discounts. Let me know if you want the contact info.

Cagare
10-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Varsity has been the best in my experience. I would stay away from Crowfoot.

ExtraSlow
10-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Trackhawk?

bjstare
10-04-2020, 02:00 PM
I would rather make love to a bag of broken glass than deal with a dodge dealer.

AndyL
10-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Airdrie was favorite for buying.

Big4 for service.

300havoc
10-04-2020, 03:31 PM
I picked up my Wrangler from Mountain View Dodge in Olds. Great group of people to work with. Okotoks didn't seem to take my purchase seriously.

Masked Bandit
10-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Trackhawk?

Isn't that all FCA sells now?

ExtraSlow
10-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Isn't that all FCA sells now?
you may be right. It's all I've heard about.

spikerS
10-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Stay far far FAR away from Crowfoot. These guys seriously fucked me over before I was somewhat knowledgable about puchasing vehicles. I got fleeced 6 ways of Sunday, and only found out about it by accident, thankfully before I signed on the dotted line.

I would also steer clear of Airdrie Dodge. Went in with baygirl last summer, and we both left angry at sales and how we were treated.

Mountain View Dodge is good to work with, but a little lacking with communication. Cochrane dodge is decent also. If I was staying in the city, I would probably work with South Trail, they were pretty stellar there, and was on the way down to buy a Dodge and decided to check Ford one last time and they played ball.

Clever
10-05-2020, 01:19 PM
I go to South Trail, they are owned by the same group that we purchase our trucks from in St. Albert. I’ve done warranty and recall work there and no complains so far. Tower I didn’t mind for service, but sales is a different story.

Cagare
10-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Stay far far FAR away from Crowfoot. These guys seriously fucked me over before I was somewhat knowledgable about puchasing vehicles. I got fleeced 6 ways of Sunday, and only found out about it by accident, thankfully before I signed on the dotted line.

Similar experience. Closed the deal how I wanted in the end and decided I never wanted to go back. Never took so long to buy a vehicle before in my life, it felt more like an interrogation and was an exercise in wearing me down. Hands down worst buying experience I have ever had.

Darell_n
10-05-2020, 01:41 PM
I’ve made a few purchases through Cochrane Dodge. No complaints here, nothing great to speak about.

Masked Bandit
10-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I go to South Trail, they are owned by the same group that we purchase our trucks from in St. Albert. I’ve done warranty and recall work there and no complains so far. Tower I didn’t mind for service, but sales is a different story.

South Trail is the same as Eastside which I think is also Varsity, can't recall the name of the group though.

The_Rural_Juror
10-05-2020, 02:09 PM
If only there was a way to purchase a car without talking to a commissioned sales person.

ercchry
10-05-2020, 02:13 PM
If only there was a way to purchase a car without talking to a commissioned sales person.

There is... and he is even a Beyonder! ...PM’d you, Bill

Xtrema
10-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Only can rep Big 4 for service. Varsity sux.

But that's at least 10 years ago.

Clever
10-05-2020, 05:39 PM
South Trail is the same as Eastside which I think is also Varsity, can't recall the name of the group though.

I think you are right, my personal truck I bought from Varsity, no hassle, mostly done by email, and they matched the offer from the dealership in St. Albert no questions asked, make sense if they are owned by the same group.

AndyL
10-05-2020, 08:27 PM
I would also steer clear of Airdrie Dodge. Went in with baygirl last summer, and we both left angry at sales and how we were treated.

Can't speak for the showroom folks... You peasants - if you need the contact info for the fleet sales guy who'll get you sorted... But has 0 time for fucking around and 20 test drives... I know a guy

:D

94CoRd
10-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Picked up my jeep in St. Albert. Found the Edmonton dealers worked a bit harder and were more sincere when I would speak to them. Ended up chatting with the sales guy for quite some time when taking delivery. He explained Edmonton and surrounding area had more Jeep dealerships in a closer proximity, so they have to be more aggressive on pricing compared to Calgary. For service, I always visit Airdrie dodge (and will continue to do so). I email / call the same service rep when booking appointments or if I had questions about my vehicle and it's seemed to work well thus far. Only downside is the courtesy shuttle to DT Calgary. The 7:30 shuttle usually gets me in around 9, 9:30.

JfuckinC
10-06-2020, 01:16 AM
Got my truck at Big4, they seemed good at the time. Originally was at east side but just didn’t like how things were going so went to big4 The next day and leased my truck that day.

Chester
10-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Renfrew for service. Always took my SRT there, never any problems. Also watched the dash cam footage a couple times and they don't fuck around.

Maxt
10-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Northside Dodge in Lethbridge was good to deal with on my last purchase.

faiz999
10-19-2020, 12:24 PM
I'd throw Varsity in there

redblack
10-19-2020, 12:59 PM
I bough my first truck at Airdrie dodge and they were really good on the sales and service side. It was a family owned dealership but it went downhill when a large auto group bought them out a few years ago.

When service went downhill I took my truck to varsity, no issues there.