PDA

View Full Version : Lab-Grown Diamonds

JordanEG6
10-15-2020, 08:33 AM
What's the general consensus when it comes to purchasing lab-grown diamonds? I've been doing some research on mined and lab created diamonds and the price point of lab-grown are just too attractive to not consider if you're on a budget. But some frown upon it, despite the fact that they are very real diamonds, and not simulants (CZ, Moissanite).

Although my potential purchase isn't for resale value anyway, the main difference based on what I am reading is that there is little to no resale value on them, whereas you could get at least half your money back on mined diamonds. But otherwise they are chemically, structurally and visually the same. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points:

Mined Diamonds
Pros
- one of a kind
- better resale value (~50%)
- superficially pleasing (price and blood show your love, haha)

Cons
- more expensive than lab-grown diamonds

Lab-Grown Diamonds
Pros
- 30-40% cheaper than mined diamonds
- easier to find the the exact cut specs you want (table/depth%, crown angle, girdle, culet, fluorescence etc)
- ethically sourced

Cons
- Little to no resale value
- Not as 'baller' for some

My main question is, are they worth buying? And did anyone go the lab-grown diamond route?
I'd like some thoughts on this, maybe it will help with my purchase. Thanks!

A790
10-15-2020, 08:46 AM
100% no issues going lab grown. They weren't quite a thing when I bought my wife's ring, but if they were, I'd have gone that route for sure.

pheoxs
10-15-2020, 08:48 AM
Fuck supporting diamond mining companies, go synthetic 100%. Also if resale value is a concern of the purchase perhaps it's not the time to buy a ring.

The whole diamond market is BS. Look at Spence diamond's marketing for example. 5-10 years ago they were constantly running ads talking down about synthetic diamonds not being real or a true sign of love and blah blah blah. But now that they are in on it they are constantly pushing ads for 'Artisan crafted' diamonds. It's all just a marketing game to convince you to spend more.

ExtraSlow
10-15-2020, 09:04 AM
If this is for an engagement ring, what about a band without a gemstone and use that money for a kickass honeymoon? If your gal is the type that would approve of that then I approve of her.

Fuck the entire concept of gawdy gemstones.

T-Dubbs
10-15-2020, 09:07 AM
I went lab grown for the engagement ring and her wedding band.
Also went through a diamond wholesaler in the states.
Highly recommended

lasimmon
10-15-2020, 09:07 AM
The bloodier the better when it comes to diamonds IMO.

realazy
10-15-2020, 09:12 AM
When I did the research 4 years ago, the most reputable gem grading labs like GIA and AGS did not grade lab grown and that was a deterrent at the time. Has this changed?

The reason I didn't go with lab grown at the time was purely due to trying to pick the best cut diamond by first picking from GIA and AGS graded ones.

(I picked a round, so it's easier to get idealscope and hearts & arrows scope images of diamonds to compare too).

vengie
10-15-2020, 09:12 AM
Ahh yes the lovely diamond trade...

If you want a stone that looks and feels like a diamond for 1/15th the price, look up Moissanite.

https://www.brilliantearth.com/news/moissanite-vs-diamond/

I went that route with my wife and we put the saved money into our honeymoon and extended it two weeks :thumbsup:

realazy
10-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Moissanite is also a great choice, I bought a pair of earrings for the wife and they look great!

rx7boi
10-15-2020, 09:20 AM
OP already mentioned moissies and is aware, mate.

Anyway, phoexs hit the nail on the head. Companies were still pushing mined diamonds years back saying simulants weren't shit compared to them, and now they're milking moissies and lab growns through an eco-friendly marketing lens, whilst charging disproportionately for them.

Diamonds are like cars, people just want to be seen with nice ones but no one gives a fuck about how you got it.

Save money where you can and put it into max_boost stonks.

Mitsu3000gt
10-15-2020, 09:28 AM
It's pretty much the same product at ~50% of the cost of a mined diamond. If you are brave enough to walk into a nightmare like Spence diamonds, you will see all their rings have 2 prices, one with a mined diamond, one with a lab grown - the lab ones are 50% cheaper, so you are simply choosing if you want to pay double for the same thing or not haha. Also I wouldn't worry too much about resale (well, hopefully you never need it haha) - it's not like you can turn around and sell a diamond back for what you paid for it despite them being sold on spec. I'd rather pay 50% and have worse resale than pay double and still have crappy resale. Look on Kijiji for used wedding rings and see how cheap they are - nobody wants them.

I went with Moissanite and my GF could not be happier, she gets so many compliments on how sparkly it is. It's a fraction of the cost of even a lab grown diamond for perfect quality, more rare than a diamond (if natural), almost as hard as a diamond (9.5 vs 10 on the Mohs hardness scale), more heat resistant than a diamond, and has a higher refractive index than a diamond. Also keep in mind literally the only time it will matter what type of stone it is, is when your Fiancé is showing her friends, and none of them are going to pull out a gemologist's loupe. As long as it's big and sparkly (or whatever she wants), that is going to get the desired result.

The DeBeers monopoly on the diamond industry artificially making prices as high as they are is the main reason I didn't want one, the entire industry is such a turn-off if you take the time to learn about it.

All that being said I highly recommend talking to Justin and finding something that YOU want. He was super helpful, put up with all my questions, and most importantly did a phenomenal job on the ring.

JordanEG6
10-15-2020, 09:28 AM
When I did the research 4 years ago, the most reputable gem grading labs like GIA and AGS did not grade lab grown and that was a deterrent at the time. Has this changed?

The reason I didn't go with lab grown at the time was purely due to trying to pick the best cut diamond by first picking from GIA and AGS graded ones.

(I picked a round, so it's easier to get idealscope and hearts & arrows scope images of diamonds to compare too).

They do grade them now and come with the certificates. And honestly, other than the "four 'C's" most of them have the cut specs that I want (proper table & depth%, no culet, no fluorescence etc.).
At least on the sites I looked at.

Fuck supporting diamond mining companies, go synthetic 100%. Also if resale value is a concern of the purchase perhaps it's not the time to buy a ring.

The whole diamond market is BS. Look at Spence diamond's marketing for example. 5-10 years ago they were constantly running ads talking down about synthetic diamonds not being real or a true sign of love and blah blah blah. But now that they are in on it they are constantly pushing ads for 'Artisan crafted' diamonds. It's all just a marketing game to convince you to spend more.

Resale value was never a concern to me, it was just one of the main differences between the two kinds that I wanted to point out for any other diamond shoppers in here. Lab or earthed. at the end of the day, if she is happy, I am happy and she honestly isn't the type to have any qualms about stuff like that. I just wanted to make sure that if I were to go that route, I wouldn't be throwing my money away.

If this is for an engagement ring, what about a band without a gemstone and use that money for a kickass honeymoon? If your gal is the type that would approve of that then I approve of her.

Fuck the entire concept of gawdy gemstones.

This exactly what I was thinking when considering going lab-grown. The money that I save can be put towards something really worth it.

ThePenIsMightier
10-15-2020, 09:36 AM
I looked about a year ago and went through the Spence painful dark room sales pitch, which is brutal and insulting. They weren't much cheaper, if at all despite their ads saying "same price but about a 20% bigger diamond".
Bought mined ones online from Adiamour.

Mitsu3000gt
10-15-2020, 09:38 AM
I should add, after not buying something from Spence, they called me no less than 6 times to harass me about a sale. It's like going to a shady used car dealership, but for diamonds that are the exact same price (if not more) as elsewhere.

pheoxs
10-15-2020, 09:38 AM
They do grade them now and come with the certificates. And honestly, other than the "four 'C's" most of them have the cut specs that I want (proper table & depth%, no culet, no fluorescence etc.).
At least on the sites I looked at.

Resale value was never a concern to me, it was just one of the main differences between the two kinds that I wanted to point out for any other diamond shoppers in here. Lab or earthed. at the end of the day, if she is happy, I am happy and she honestly isn't the type to have any qualms about stuff like that. I just wanted to make sure that if I were to go that route, I wouldn't be throwing my money away.

My thoughts are this:

5,000$ diamond ring -> Sell it used for what, 3,000$ maybe after months of trying? (Probably less) 2,000$ loss in the end.

2,000$ Moissanite ring -> Sell it used for 500$. Much worse resell value but you're losses are still smaller in the end.

vengie
10-15-2020, 09:40 AM
My thoughts are this:

5,000$ diamond ring -> Sell it used for what, 3,000$ maybe after months of trying? (Probably less) 2,000$ loss in the end.

2,000$ Moissanite ring -> Sell it used for 500$. Much worse resell value but you're losses are still smaller in the end.

Disagree.

Your Moissanite ring will be closer to $1500, you still have the value of the band, which is usually the most expensive part of a Moissanite ring.

Therefore your downside is reduced.

ThePenIsMightier
10-15-2020, 09:42 AM
I should add, after not buying something from Spence, they called me no less than 6 times to harass me about a sale. It's like going to a shady used car dealership, but for diamonds that are the exact same price (if not more) as elsewhere.

x2.
I have no idea why that place is so successful. They literally have about 2 diamonds in each store that are >1 carat and then starts the "for a totes refundable deposit, I can have this one from Markham flown in for you to look at"...

Justing
10-15-2020, 09:47 AM
I’ll try to answer most questions without quoting a bunch of posts.
I’ve stated we avoided them in the past and that’s purely because they were too expensive at the time. For a while they were 30% less than natural which made no sense, they were selling at a discount of its natural equivalent when they are entirely different products.
The prices have come down a lot in the last two years and have stabilized, so now I’m happy to offer them.
Expect to pay 50-70% less than a natural equivalent.
IGI is the main grading lab for created diamonds. GIA recently announced they will be grading lab created starting this quarter, it’s a major shift for the industry.
As far as grading, IGI has been reliable and from what I’ve seen, tightened their grading to become THE certificate for labs.

The lab created space is by my estimation, more complicated than the mined space. There’s a lot of product out there that has the typical greyish, greenish tint from lab stones. You need to be picky with them and make sure you choose one without the weird off colour. Pricing should indicate as always but you have to see the thing to be sure.

As far as value proposition, lab created cannot hold value. And let’s be clear here, I sell them and will be selling them in a significant way (big news coming soon)! However we’re very clear that lab created simply cannot hold value. It’s a technology like anything else. As the process gets cheaper and the product more available prices will come down. Anyone telling you they won’t come down eventually, is lying. For people who are debating the two, it comes down to your own values. If you view a diamond as something you want to pass down to the next generation and the next, I believe that mined will always hold a certain value. If that’s isn’t important to you, then lab created could be the way to go.

BavarianBeast
10-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Fake bitches get fake diamonds
A real woman is worth the investment

pheoxs
10-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Disagree.

Your Moissanite ring will be closer to $1500, you still have the value of the band, which is usually the most expensive part of a Moissanite ring.

Therefore your downside is reduced.

Even better :) I was mostly trying to illustrate that a lower % resale value can still be worth is because your up front costs are so much lower. There's a good chance someone shopping used rings is looking for value and more likely to buy a bigger Moissanite than a diamon.

rage2
10-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Buy her some TSLA stonks, way better investment. :rofl:

killramos
10-15-2020, 10:06 AM
I mean if you are going to buy into the whole diamond engagement ring premise, I don’t see why you start drawing the line at lab grown versus real diamond.

Always a hilarious topic.

ExtraSlow
10-15-2020, 10:07 AM
I don't plan on buying any form of diamond ever again, only bought one, and it was "real" and mined in Canada, which at the time cost more I think. Gets worn maybe 2x per year. Bought from Spence too, and was totally happy with the experience, but then again, I was directly in their target market of smaller stones.

If those lab grown diamonds had been a thing, I would have looked hard at them. I know some women who wear that diamond every day and really want to know that it was more expensive then what their sisters/friends have. IMHO, good fucking luck with a woman like that.

BavarianBeast
10-15-2020, 10:08 AM
If she’s a keeper, half a TSLA stonk should secure her for life

vengie
10-15-2020, 10:08 AM

:zzz::zzz:

max_boost
10-15-2020, 10:23 AM
Forget what we think, what does she think??

BavarianBeast
10-15-2020, 10:29 AM
I mean if she prefers fake diamonds she probably will prefer fake dick too

max_boost
10-15-2020, 10:29 AM
I mean if she prefers fake diamonds she probably will prefer fake dick too

lol why so hostile guy ??

ExtraSlow
10-15-2020, 10:33 AM
me and beast are not on the same page again. I think I'm comfortable with that.

BavarianBeast
10-15-2020, 10:37 AM
Haha guess the sarcasm wasn’t implied

Like you said max, as long as your partners happy. Who cares what it is, as long as it’s what she wants it to symbolize.

max_boost
10-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Haha guess the sarcasm wasn’t implied

Like you said max, as long as your partners happy. Who cares what it is, as long as it’s what she wants it to symbolize.

kk just checking. maybe you had a bad week on stonks or something lol

suntan
10-15-2020, 10:48 AM
It's not real unless some black child suffered while mining it.

beyond_ban
10-15-2020, 12:52 PM
kk just checking. maybe you had a bad week on stonks or something lol

Time to YOLO wallstreetbets style

The_Rural_Juror
10-15-2020, 01:02 PM
TSLA sucks so much that even fan bois who buy their vehicles pretend not to be fan bois.
PPL to the moon!

Neil4Speed
10-15-2020, 03:28 PM
The price delta wasn't enough for me to justify a lab diamond. I always thought they were going to be 20% of the price, when it reality they seemed to be 50-60% for something good.

Frankly, I don't think you are going to care either way in the long run. (hopefully) This amount is amortized over 50+ years, so don't stress too much. If cash is tighter right now, go for the lab one - otherwise go for the other.

Tik-Tok
10-15-2020, 04:18 PM
Buy a lab grown, but twice the size of a natural stone.

ExtraSlow
10-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Buy lab grown, same size, but two rings for two women.

killramos
10-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Buying rings for two women, now that’s just stupid

I can wrap my head around the two women part, but why involve rings

ExtraSlow
10-15-2020, 04:27 PM
well, it works best if they marry each other, and you are a casual part of that.

max_boost
10-15-2020, 04:43 PM
Whatever OP you decide. I hope you guys make it and wish you a life time of happiness!!

spikerS
10-15-2020, 04:45 PM

This +1000% it's a fucking bullshit industry the whole way round. And if you are looking at this ring as an "investment" or resale value, what the fuck are you doing getting married to this chick? You have the completely wrong mindset. The only people who should have this mindset are the hawkers trying to fleece you of your cash.

+rep to Pheoxs.

you&me
10-15-2020, 05:24 PM
This probably isn't a popular idea around here, but I know several (older) guys that have upgraded their wife's ring. Generally they got engaged when they were younger / poorer and have since done well and want to get a bigger rock to reflect their current situation... Not for everyone, but it is a positive situation where resale might be worth considering.

ercchry
10-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Huh... this thread just reminded me, did she keep the ring? Or did I get it back? Oh well, the important thing is I invested less than 1hr of my time into acquiring it :rofl:

The_Rural_Juror
10-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Huh... this thread just reminded me, did she keep the ring? Or did I get it back? Oh well, the important thing is I invested less than 1hr of my time into acquiring it :rofl:

Are you talking to yourself? Which one of you knows the answer?

ercchry
10-15-2020, 06:11 PM
Are you talking to yourself? Which one of you knows the answer?

I was hoping you did

max_boost
10-15-2020, 07:20 PM

Yes
No
Yes

Neil4Speed
10-15-2020, 07:28 PM
This +1000% it's a fucking bullshit industry the whole way round. And if you are looking at this ring as an "investment" or resale value, what the fuck are you doing getting married to this chick? You have the completely wrong mindset. The only people who should have this mindset are the hawkers trying to fleece you of your cash.

+rep to Pheoxs.

There isn't anything wrong with thinking of it as an "investment", or resale... Although its a bit far reaching, at the end of the day, you can't take stuff beyond the grave!

msommers
10-15-2020, 07:44 PM
Lab grown diamonds cuz the pumped value of mined is asinine.

Real gemstone that hasn't been heat treated, now we're talking.

shakalaka
10-15-2020, 08:52 PM
If it isn't a blood diamond, is it even really a diamond?

e31
10-15-2020, 09:36 PM
This thread is missing the perspective of an industrial & technological need for diamond products. The need for cost effective diamond saws, drills and anvils (amongst other tools) is greater than your need for silly traditions. Lab grown diamonds are the only way to reliably get two stones (with no defects) large enough to produce an Anvil pair.

gpomp
10-15-2020, 11:25 PM
Some of the popular online retailers will allow you to trade in your old diamond and upgrade to a larger one on the same setting. This is only available on real diamonds and not the synthetic ones. Not sure if this is applicable for Beyond as I’m sure all your engagement rings are at least 5 ct and probably won’t need to be upgraded anyways.

Maxx Mazda
10-16-2020, 06:07 AM
Can anyone go into detail about their Spence experience? I’ve never been, just curious what all the hate is about.

Tik-Tok
10-16-2020, 06:45 AM
Can anyone go into detail about their Spence experience? I’ve never been, just curious what all the hate is about.

Sean's voice in their radio ads :rofl:

We bought there before online retailing became big, and had no problems with them.They were slightly more expensive than other independent retailers, but way cheaper than mall jewelry stores. They were also the only ones who offered Canadian diamonds of the 1/2 dozen or so places I checked out.

Can't speak for what they're like now, as that was almost 20 years ago.

ExtraSlow
10-16-2020, 06:56 AM

We bought there before online retailing became big, and had no problems with them.They were slightly more expensive than other independent retailers, but way cheaper than mall jewelry stores. They were also the only ones who offered Canadian diamonds of the 1/2 dozen or so places I checked out.

Can't speak for what they're like now, as that was almost 20 years ago.

Same with me. I found the place fine, but that was a long time ago. Mall type stores were unhelpful, didn't know enough to do online. I did 3-4 trips on my own, pawing over the sample rings multiple times. Didn't feel any pressure or sales pitch at that point. Did that until I found one I liked well enough, then worked with them for a teeny tiny customization, slapped in some small polar bear stone, and got married.
I'm not buying another ring, but a "better" jeweler would no longer intimidate me, or I'd look online, but back then, spence worked fine for me.

killramos
10-16-2020, 07:08 AM
This thread is missing the perspective of an industrial & technological need for diamond products. The need for cost effective diamond saws, drills and anvils (amongst other tools) is greater than your need for silly traditions. Lab grown diamonds are the only way to reliably get two stones (with no defects) large enough to produce an Anvil pair.

Pretty sure it’s a well established fact that the value of diamonds has nearly nothing to do with their utility.

max_boost
10-16-2020, 07:45 AM
Value is perceived.

Humans will pay insane amounts for a baseball, a card, a picture etc. Lol cool story bro stuff jk

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 08:12 AM
I want to sell my (probably) blood diamonds. Where do I go to get the best price?

lilmira
10-16-2020, 08:40 AM
lab grown women?

JordanEG6
10-16-2020, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the replies and inputs. I appreciate all the responses. Still shopping for it, so I haven't decided on which way to go.
Again, I've budgeted for a mined stone, not knowing about lab-grown until recently, but now with this knowledge, I can explore different options. And if I can save some cash and put it towards something more worth while, that would be great too.

To those asking for context, My GF doesn't value these kinds of things as much, she's very practical and simple, but of course, any lady would like and appreciate something like this. At the end of the day, she just wants to get married. She has no idea I am ring shopping.

+rep to Pheoxs.

Whoa. Triggered. If you read my original post. Resale value doesn't mean anything to me. I won't will be returning, selling or upgrading it. I was simply noting the differences between a mined diamond and lab-grown from my research findings.

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2020, 08:57 AM

I've been 3 times.

1.) Buying a simple diamond pendant that I think I already knew I wanted because I had seen it somewhere and asked "where'd you get that shiny thing above those luscious cans?" and the answer was Spence. It was exactly as ExtraSlow described up until I identified the item I was going to buy. Then I wanted to shop further and see what their ring buying experience was like and what their diamond selection was like and that fuckin sales wiener was so insistent that I pay for the $300 thing he was holding and he drove me so nuts that I paid for it and left. It was odd because they could have pushed me into additional purchases that were significantly higher but I felt like they drove me out.

2.) Years later I returned to seriously look for a fairly significant diamond and Canadian content and I got the heavy pitch described in my earlier post. They want a deposit and they want a deposit. Will call you for weeks after.

3.) Several years later I knew I was looking for some really fancy earrings and I was doubtful Spence would have much. But, all this talk about lab diamonds being better value brought me in for a quick look. It was a shit show of high pressure, again and they again had fuck-all selection of larger stones. At that time, the artisan diamonds were too close to the same price as blood diamonds.

So, if you already have a reasonable idea of what you want, they have no value to offer you. I guess if you had zero concept of what might look good beforehand, I could maybe see them being more useful because you can quickly rule out classic rings and move into hideous, chunky trash before figuring out how big a rock to slam in there.

Their prices on higher end diamonds are a long way from the lowest prices you can get, period. I saved thousands (in Edmonton) by going to a tiny place on Whyte Ave called Freeman Jewelers instead of Spence. Both Paris and Independent had way more selection and better prices than Spence, as well. I don't know as much about competing stores in Calgary.

Hope this helps!

Neil4Speed
10-16-2020, 09:00 AM
Value is perceived.

Humans will pay insane amounts for a baseball, a card, a picture etc. Lol cool story bro stuff jk

Agreed, value of these things is theoretically baseless as they have no practical value. I think the thing that annoys people is the societal expectation to have a diamond ring when you get married.

rage2
10-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Agreed, value of these things is theoretically baseless as they have no practical value. I think the thing that annoys people is the societal expectation to have a diamond ring when you get married.
The trick is to not get married.

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2020, 09:14 AM

LoL!

JordanEG6
10-16-2020, 09:16 AM

Well now I feed bad. :rofl:

you&me
10-16-2020, 09:28 AM

And that whole societal expectation was entirely manufactured by DeBeers and their Madmen geniuses.

Mitsu3000gt
10-16-2020, 10:23 AM

I went there pretty much knowing I wasn't going to buy anything (the radio commercials had already pretty much guaranteed they would never get my business), but wanted to see what it was like because apparently they have a ton of things on display you can try-on and brag about their low prices.

They do have a lot of product, but only a few of each type/style so unless you want something very standard, you aren't likely to find it there anyway.

The entire experience is identical to a shady used car lot. You are immediately pounced on by a salesperson and they very aggressively talk to you like you've already made up your mind, specifically using language that constantly suggests you aren't possibly considering any other stores. I was there with my GF and they asked tons of very uncomfortable questions like "when are you going to propose", etc. They harass you every 2 minutes while you're browsing asking "have you found the one yet", "can I start the paperwork on that one", etc. They must be on 100% commission or something.

Before you leave, they sit you down and start asking which one you want to order, etc. despite having told them you aren't buying anything that day. The idea that you might not want to buy from them just isn't something they consider possible. If you resist that, they take your personal information and harass you via phone on a regular basis until you essentially tell them to F off. I blocked their store number and then they started calling me from cell phones!

Their pricing is also brutal, thousands higher than an online diamond (bluenile, etc.) for significantly worse quality. Every ring also has 2 prices - one for a real diamond, one for a lab diamond, and every ring I looked at had the lab price at exactly 50% of the mined diamond.

I guess if you have absolutely no clue what you like, they have a lot of physical rings to look at, but their selection within each style is very limited.

Overall terrible experience, would not recommend.

I went and saw Justin and the experience was night & day better.

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 10:25 AM

That only works if you make more than your future spouse. Rumour has it that some people have been able to obtain mighty fine lawns out of a marriage.

killramos
10-16-2020, 10:25 AM
4 pages and no one has mentioend Tiffany?

Must be a recession around here with these fake diamonds and stores like Spence in the conversation.

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 10:29 AM

According to Donnie, she is the fat one, right?

ercchry
10-16-2020, 10:31 AM
According to Donnie, she is the fat one, right?

Where does Tiffany sit on the Becky to Karen scale?

max_boost
10-16-2020, 10:54 AM
That only works if you make more than your future spouse. Rumour has it that some people have been able to obtain mighty fine lawns out of a marriage.

I'm only marrying if she's richer than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a recession around here with these fake diamonds and stores like Spence in the conversation.

The Tiffany experience is very chill/cool but nothing beats Gem by Carati's Crazy Rich Asian Experience :D :D

killramos
10-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Where does Tiffany sit on the Becky to Karen scale?

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 10:56 AM
Is Carati like Chinese Karate?

rx7boi
10-16-2020, 11:32 AM

Mighty Aspen lawns, that is.

Rocket1k78
10-16-2020, 11:46 AM
I went there pretty much knowing I wasn't going to buy anything (the radio commercials had already pretty much guaranteed they would never get my business),
Overall terrible experience, would not recommend.
So you go to a store with a chip on your shoulder(over a BS radio ad of all things) knowing you're not going to buy anything and you have a horrible experience? Man you're a special one

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 12:58 PM
Mighty Aspen lawns, that is.

to be clear, it was just a rumour.

you&me
10-16-2020, 01:49 PM
to be clear, it was just west of 85th.

fyp

Justing
10-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Thanks Mitsu, greatly appreciated and glad your fiancé is happy with the ring!

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 03:07 PM
Thanks Mitsu, greatly appreciated and glad your fiancé is happy with the ring!

I have a blood diamond to sell. Where should I go?

- - - Updated - - -

fyp

Still impressive on mostly single income. Hypothetically.

A790
10-16-2020, 04:29 PM
So you go to a store with a chip on your shoulder(over a BS radio ad of all things) knowing you're not going to buy anything and you have a horrible experience? Man you're a special one

Let me guess: you work at Spence?

The_Rural_Juror
10-16-2020, 04:40 PM

He is Sean.

Rocket1k78
10-17-2020, 11:11 AM

Sure:rolleyes:

The_Rural_Juror
10-17-2020, 11:54 AM
Working at Spence shouldn't be shameful. I used to work in retail so I completely understand. Now I work in less retail.

Rocket1k78
10-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Working at Spence shouldn't be shameful. I used to work in retail so I completely understand. Now I work in less retail.

Who said anything about being ashamed? Im proud to work there, I love the challenge of fleecing love birds out of their hard earned money and i love the sound of my voice on the radio.
Hope this is ok with the mods but Beyond special, anything over 3 carats ill do no tax and a special heart shaped box. no fake bitch shit here :rofl: email me [email protected]

Justing
10-17-2020, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=The_Rural_Juror;4910947]I have a blood diamond to sell. Where should I go?

- - - Updated - - -

Leo the next time he's here appalled by a chinook.

I would speak with who you purchased it from. We don't buy from public but will help our customers to sell/consign. Check to see if they offer the same service.

The_Rural_Juror
10-17-2020, 02:06 PM
I would speak with who you purchased it from. We don't buy from public but will help our customers to sell/consign. Check to see if they offer the same service.

Sean @ Spence won't return my call. :(

Justing
10-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Yell into the radio

Gman.45
10-19-2020, 06:19 PM
https://www.nomarriage.com/

Seriously though, back when I got hitched, I wish lab grown diamonds were a more commonly available thing, I would absolutely have gone this route.

A friend of mine runs a PetroGraphics analysis biz in Vancouver, does a lot of work with De Beers and other diamond companies. If you only heard the fuckery involved with these companies, it would further anyone's motives to tell the whole diamond business - every company involved - to eat shit.

Masked Bandit
10-21-2020, 03:15 PM
I agree that the whole diamond industry is a sham, but there's just something off about buying lab grown that I don't know I could stomach. I would be the only person in the world that would know it's fake...but I'd know. I can't explain it, it's stupid, but I'm just stuck on it. There's a scene in Armageddon where Steve Buscemi is wheeling some bimbo in a bar, he tells her that her diamond engagement ring isn't real and all of a sudden she's not interested in being engaged anymore.

Mitsu3000gt
10-21-2020, 03:21 PM
I agree that the whole diamond industry is a sham, but there's just something off about buying lab grown that I don't know I could stomach. I would be the only person in the world that would know it's fake...but I'd know. I can't explain it, it's stupid, but I'm just stuck on it. There's a scene in Armageddon where Steve Buscemi is wheeling some bimbo in a bar, he tells her that her diamond engagement ring isn't real and all of a sudden she's not interested in being engaged anymore.

A lab grown diamond is atomically and chemically identical to a mined diamond, there is nothing fake about it - both are made with the same process, the mined ones just took longer to make haha.

I think most people tend to associate a "fake" diamond with cubic zirconia (not saying this is you).

rage2
10-21-2020, 04:09 PM
A lab grown diamond is atomically and chemically identical to a mined diamond, there is nothing fake about it - both are made with the same process, the mined ones just took longer to make haha.

I think most people tend to associate a "fake" diamond with cubic zirconia (not saying this is you).
That would be the Armageddon scene.

There’s a reason why the de beers diamond campaign is ranked as the most successful marketing campaign of all time.