PDA

View Full Version : Best shipping company to use to ship something heavy over seas?

Graham_A_M
10-15-2020, 05:39 PM
Hey everybody somebody wanted to buy my stock motorcycle wheel, with the tire on it, its a fairly big package that weighs 50pounds. Canada post quoted me $330 with the ETA being roughly three months. 1 week freight is $800.

Any suggestions or tips? Who would be a good company to use for something like this? TIA.

Neil4Speed
10-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Hey everybody somebody wanted to buy my stock motorcycle wheel, with the tire on it, its a fairly big package that weighs 50pounds. Canada post quoted me $330 with the ETA being roughly three months. 1 week freight is $800.

Any suggestions or tips? Who would be a good company to use for something like this? TIA.

I have used Netparcel in the past and found the rates to be excellent. It gave me a pretty solid rate to use Fedex/UPS/DHL. That's not that big so should be perfect for it.

Maxx Mazda
10-15-2020, 07:34 PM
Man, that sounds like a rip. I shipped a ~120lb transmission from Spain for $320CAD

Graham_A_M
10-15-2020, 11:52 PM
Man, that sounds like a rip. I shipped a ~120lb transmission from Spain for $320CAD
Who did you use? I was not impressed. Its a stock ~20" net diameter wheel im selling for $80, I wanted to ask here before I FB messaged him the horrendous news.

RX_EVOLV
10-16-2020, 07:37 AM
How big is the box? Shipping companies use volumetric weight as well as actual weight and bill based on whichever is higher. Maybe your VW is heavier than 50lb.

If you don't mind the effort, you can also pop by your local UPS store and ask for a quote. They get a volume discount so they maybe choose to lower your price to get your business. You can also price it out online at ups.com or FedEx.com to get the full retail price. I can almost guarantee it'll be 50% or higher than Canada post though..

Maxx Mazda
10-16-2020, 08:43 AM
Who did you use? I was not impressed. Its a stock ~20" net diameter wheel im selling for $80, I wanted to ask here before I FB messaged him the horrendous news.

Honestly, I can't remember. It was a transaxle I purchased through ebay, and shipping was only $320CAD.

Buster
10-16-2020, 09:48 AM
Doesn't Tirerack and all those companies ship this shit around all the time?

realazy
10-16-2020, 10:06 AM
The was the best rate when I looked to ship things to the US. https://www.paypal.com/ca/business/shipping/net-parcel

You just use your regular paypal account and you can purchase and print the label yourself.

roopi
10-16-2020, 10:56 AM
Doesn't Tirerack and all those companies ship this shit around all the time?

Yes by ground within North America.
Graham_A_M check PM and I can get you a couple of quotes.

Kobe
10-16-2020, 12:25 PM
you can try https://www.polimark.com/ (Seems they have a shipping calculator

It it used to be around $4/KG to ship to Poland.

It's who i've always used to ship to Europe.

Can Vouch for them, never had a package lost and I've sent 5-6 of them, thing is it depends on then the ship leaves it can be 5 weeks sometimes and had it 9 weeks as well before.

GTR_Auto
10-17-2020, 03:19 PM
If you send me package info I can see what I can do