PDA

View Full Version : Toyota/Panasonic Celica

Ben
10-05-2002, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, Not sure if I'm a fan or not, its a decent looking kit, but it sure needs a lowering job.

It is badged with Panasonic/Toyota all over it, as well as TRD everywhere, whats up with that?

Anyways, unique ride.

http://members.shaw.ca/bmitton/Cars/misc/trdpanasonic01.jpg

van
10-05-2002, 01:41 AM
Looks like every other Celica in Calgary.

finboy
10-05-2002, 01:42 AM
there is a girl that works at joey tomatoes who has one. my buddies ex. she used to have a passat. kind of a step down if you ask me.

HRD2PLZ
10-05-2002, 01:45 AM
I know they come badged with Toyota and Panasonic. Not sure about TRD though, that might have been "aftermarket"
And yes, IMO going from a Passat to a Celica would be a step down. Guess it depends on the year of the Passat though :dunno:

Ben
10-05-2002, 01:58 AM
huh, really? I was unaware of that, looked far too agressive to come from the factory like that. But you would think that they would slam that suspension down a bit too if they were going to do all the rest of that stuff.

Dope Dealer
10-05-2002, 02:01 AM
Seen it around in the NW. Some girl drives it :)

GTS Jeff
10-05-2002, 02:17 AM
thats oem trd stuff. not stock.

RiceCake
10-05-2002, 04:19 AM
I was a special that the dealerships in town had for a bit. The package gave you th TRD kit, and a Panasonic CD player... The price difference with the kit on there was about $5000 or so on top of what the stock car without the kit would cost. There's a few of those around town. The package only came in red. :)

2000impreza
10-05-2002, 09:36 AM
panasonic celica is pretty nice. has color match interior too. i might consider a celica in 03/04. the 03 celica has redesigned rear i think. optional hid's too.

Stratus_Power
10-05-2002, 11:25 AM
yeh its an optional package since last year...you get alot of stuff + the deck. but it only comes in Red. :( the GT version w/ the TRD package is 29k .. about 5 k more than the base ..

redline_13000
10-05-2002, 06:37 PM
i think she used to go to my school..saw it parked there almost everyday..panasonic stickers and all:dunno:

finboy
10-05-2002, 07:25 PM
the one i know lives in the north east, white decals all over it, blonde girl. i'm not a fan of it.

Toms-Celica
10-05-2002, 09:40 PM
"Looks like every other Celica in Calgary."
Your blind? :dunno:

LaughingTiger
10-06-2002, 01:01 AM
I drove threw B.C. and the states in the summer, and I saw about
20 of those things.... Red w/ that body kit... Imagine buying one like that and pulling up to a light beside the exact same one.....
I don't understand, were did people's originality go???:dunno:

Dealerships are starting to get in to the aftermarket scene too, some dealers from Mazda bought a load of cannon style G-Spec muffler's of my friend's shop, to add on as an upgrade package
.....maybe bought them for $100 ea.....upgrade package...$500.
I guess they are realizing the aftermarket automobile industries are making alot of $$$... Smart to do that.. But I think the Fad will
go and alot of trends will be thrown away.... At least they have the right Idea, but maybe going overboard with some stuff..:dunno:

HRD2PLZ
10-06-2002, 01:06 AM
I personally think you get more enjoyment out of modding your own car versus buying one thats already done :dunno:
But I know some people that would pay $500 for an upgrade package worth $100.

Stratus_Power
10-06-2002, 01:12 AM
nah.. its for those ppl who wants to be cool but dont know how.. like buying a computer.. u ask any computer geek and they will tell u always build your own computer, cheaper, better and u know wat u got.. but why would ppl go out and buy Compaq or Sony computer atfuturehop and paying like 20% more :thumbsup:

sml
10-06-2002, 11:21 PM
I saw that exact same car in Edmonton this past Saturday night coming back on Hwy #2 to Calgary. I kinda thought to myself that it was weird seeing so many funny stickers on the car... didn't know it was a package deal from the factory. It's kinda nice, the one I saw was a GTS too! :thumbsup:

ancient
10-07-2002, 12:47 AM
I seen that Panasonic Celica downtown the other day when I was going to the Stamps football game, my dad is like "whats that a Celica..."

"Yep, a girls car" :P :thumbsup:

celica girl
10-07-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't like the Panasonic Edition at all... There are way too many of these Panasonic celicas around... the reason they have it is cuz Panasonic sponsors their F1 car... the new 2003 celica doesn't look all that great either.... the front bumper is different and I think the tail lights have a pink tint to them... like those accord tail lights did a couple years back.... I love my celica... as for being a girls car... I'm not gonna comment... too many people underestimate the celica and I'm not gonna bother getting into that discussion again.

REdOX
10-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by celica girl
I'm not gonna comment... too many people underestimate the celica and I'm not gonna bother getting into that discussion again.

Spec- *ahem* V

:)

mwmhong
10-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Driving a car around with 'Panasonic ' plastered all over is just asking for it....(plus it looks kinda dumb) :)

Illusionsir
10-08-2002, 02:08 PM
ya theres also a guy in the nw with it, i see him ALL the time driving around crowfoot and up on country hills.

REdOX
10-08-2002, 02:32 PM
people always come up to me and ask me if mine is the Celica with the "action package Panasonic edition". I hate that.

Hollywood
10-15-2002, 12:52 AM
TRD calls the body kit "Action Package" you could have got last year (USA) without the Panasonic stuff, and red seats as an add on.

Personally I like it. Next time you look at a new Celica, look from behind it and notice the attension the the flared out body near the wheels, I love that on all cars!

infamous
10-15-2002, 02:19 AM
okay, now here's a quick question while we are on the topic of celica's...which is the proper way to pronounce celica?

celica- sell-ah-ka
or
celica- see-lee-ka??

i have been in numerous debates with my bro over this...:dunno:

REdOX
10-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)
TRD calls the body kit "Action Package" you could have got last year (USA) without the Panasonic stuff, and red seats as an add on.

was that to me??
If so then you're wrong :). I have the TRD Elegant Body kit. Not the action package. The action package uses the TRD mechanical body kit

For everyone that's confused:

TRD Elegant Body Kit = side skirts, rear valence, front lip spoiler
TRD Mechancial Body Kit = side skirts, rear valence, front bumper
Action Package = USA OEM package that uses the TRD Mechanical Kit
Panasonic Celica = Canadian OEM package that uses the TRD Mechanical Kit plus Panasonic stereo and colour coded interrior and decals.

I hope that clears up the confusion. :)

Stratus_Power
10-15-2002, 08:46 AM
sell-ah-ka?? thats weird haha
i dont know.. alot of ppl say it as see-leak-ka
i call it ca-lee-ka

REdOX
10-15-2002, 11:15 AM
I think that in the US you'll see more people calling it "Sell-ah-ka" because their commercials call it that.
In Canada I've heard commercials call it "Se-lee-ka"

Ben
10-15-2002, 11:52 AM
I pronounce it Sell 'E Kah

But those americans have wierd ways of saying things...like that Kia Sportage (Sport- awge) comercial...they pronounce it Sport-ige

Hollywood
10-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by REdOX

was that to me??
If so then you're wrong :). I have the TRD Elegant Body kit. Not the action package. The action package uses the TRD mechanical body kit

For everyone that's confused:

TRD Elegant Body Kit = side skirts, rear valence, front lip spoiler
TRD Mechancial Body Kit = side skirts, rear valence, front bumper
Action Package = USA OEM package that uses the TRD Mechanical Kit
Panasonic Celica = Canadian OEM package that uses the TRD Mechanical Kit plus Panasonic stereo and colour coded interrior and decals.

I hope that clears up the confusion. :)

That's what I did say, Panasonic Celica comes with the action or "mechanical" body kit ?:banghead:

three.eighteen.
10-15-2002, 11:50 PM
i've always said cell-ee-kah, but i've seen other ads and they say cell-eh-kah...

REdOX
10-16-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

That's what I did say, Panasonic Celica comes with the action or "mechanical" body kit ?:banghead:

I thought you were talking about my car. :banghead: :dunno: :D