PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Decks with input

Mckenzie
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I just got an ipod and was wondering if there were any decks out there that actually had a USB or firewall input on them so you could plug it in and listen in your car.

All of the decks I have seen just play the MP3s and they dont say anything about an input for the cable itself.

:dunno:

sputnik
04-01-2004, 09:53 AM
just get a deck that has a 1/8th inch jack and use the headphone output with a male to male cable.

most mp3 decks just play CDs with mp3 on them

Mckenzie
04-01-2004, 09:56 AM
So a headphone out jack turns into an input then? Just wondering how this works.....

I would rather not use cds.....just the ipod.

RhettD
04-04-2004, 10:47 PM
If i'm not mistaken, Alpine is coming out with a Ai-Net cable that hooks into your iPod, and allows you to control the iPod from your deck.

Team_Mclaren
04-04-2004, 11:48 PM
there is something that will turn your ipod singal into those radio transmissions, u put that on your ipod and receive it on your deck. and its made for the ipod... forgot what its call but i'll look into it if u wanna know

Mckenzie
04-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by RhettD
If i'm not mistaken, Alpine is coming out with a Ai-Net cable that hooks into your iPod, and allows you to control the iPod from your deck.

That would be awesome....thats exactly what I am looking for.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
there is something that will turn your ipod singal into those radio transmissions, u put that on your ipod and receive it on your deck. and its made for the ipod... forgot what its call but i'll look into it if u wanna know

Its called the Itrip and I bought it last week. Its a pretty cool idea, but honstly....the signal sucks. It cuts in and out and the sound quality is HORRIBLE.

I am going to keep it though...it would be great for camping or just to have as a convenience factor.

The Real Batman
04-06-2004, 07:59 AM
I have started using the iTrip as well. The trick is to find a station that doesn't have other stations near it. I found that if I can find a station with at least .4 on either side of the selected frequency, it works fairly well.
I made a trip through the mountains last week, where there where NO FM frequencies, and it the iTrip worked flawlessly! It is a bit of a problem in the city though. In Calgary, 92.7 seems to work fairly well.
Hope this helps!
Now... if only I could get the iPod wired into my radio package, for the best sound, I'd be very happy!
:thumbsup: