PDA

View Full Version : Bye Messier

hustler
04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Looks like this is the end of the road for the moose...will u guys miss him or glad to see him go?

hes one of the greats, and will easily go down in history for all his accomplishments.........but it is his time to go although his number arent too shabby....no point in stayin witht hte rangers neway seeing as they still arent going newhere

well thats what i think...wat bout u guys?

lam-boy
04-01-2004, 11:35 AM
i think its about time he steps off the ice

yeah he WAS a great player
He still is a leader, but maybe he can find something to do behind the bench or upstairs. his time has come to an end.

hustler
04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
yee i totally agree.....he would make a great bench boss

nosegrindR
04-01-2004, 11:42 AM
sabres showed class by applauding his exit last night, it's good seeing sportsmanship like that

hyperwhite
04-01-2004, 01:19 PM
it must suck to be a rangers fan. the only remaining piece of a successful team is retiring, and being replaced with highdollar under acheiving eurotrash. it's fine by me though, i hate the rangers :D

Gonthro
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
oh great, another retired NHLer with nothing better to do... give it a week and we'll see "the messier show"

403Gemini
04-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
i think its about time he steps off the ice

yeah he WAS a great player
He still is a leader, but maybe he can find something to do behind the bench or upstairs. his time has come to an end.

like Lays commericials "betcha cant eat just one!!!"

blinkme_210
04-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh don't worry.... he'll be involved with the NHL still one way or another. Whether that be co-ownership of a team, or management, etc. But with the upcoming lock-out... well yeh... u know.

Davetronz
04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
At least he still has a job marketing Lay's Potatoe Chips....

SoSlowDx
04-01-2004, 04:49 PM
It's time for him to leave :thumbsup:

max_boost
04-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Messier is going to come back, he wants 700 goals and a farewell tour every rink he goes to (next year).... haha:thumbsup: Ahhh....:rofl:

A_3
04-01-2004, 05:18 PM
^ I dunno, i think his time is up, he was a great player and is still pretty damn good... i doubt he will come back next year the NHL let him off in a big way from that spearing incident he had a few games back so he wouldn't have to retire on a suspension. He'll end up on the bench or in some front office though before long.

Speed_Dreams
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
spearing is a 2 game suspention. he speared the guy and got the suspention nothing wrong with that. just because of this bertuzzi shit everyone is going all gung ho on suspending everyone. Turco should be out for the rest of the playoffs becuase he crosschecked chris clark one night and then the next ryan smyth. how is that not the same as the bertuzzi thing? could have broken each of there necks. Messier is a great player. hes that old and he still scored almost 20 goals this season? how many younge guys on the flames aren't at that mark? hes a great player and a great leader. I think he will deffinatly find a job behind the bench. just hopefully not with the overpayed rangers

hustler
04-02-2004, 04:08 PM
seems like the sentiment is pretty clear......time for him to go, but he will come back in some way or another

not to many people think he'll stay for 700?

colinderksen
04-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Messier has no respect for himself playing this long. And what a way to leave the game, spear a guy with less than 10 games remaining. :thumbsdow He is terrible.