PDA

View Full Version : Any tips in regards to the best way of becoming a paralegal/ legal assistant?

Graham_A_M
11-16-2020, 12:06 AM
Hey everybody, thanks in advance for reading this, and any advice you would have. My fiance wants to go the route of becoming a paralegal, or legal assistant. She doesn't know as to the best way to go about this. I have zero faith in CDI college. She wants to go this route however, she received a 99.6% score with legal studies in high school. Any insight? Thanks. She will be shown this. If this is what she will do, I'll happily hire lawyers, as tutors to help her on this journey.

Clever
11-16-2020, 03:23 PM
SAIT has a 2 year program and IMO is more reputable than the programs from other school’s. A friend of mine and other lawyers I know taught courses at SAIT. I also know that bigger law firms prefer applicants that completed the two year diploma and skip candidates that took the expedited program from other colleges. I know this because I took the program in 09 when I got laid off work and decided to go back to school, not my first choice then but decided to complete the program anyway. A lot of people I graduated with are now senior paralegal’s or hiring managers at different law firms. I can discuss more via PM.

Graham_A_M
11-16-2020, 06:40 PM
SAIT has a 2 year program and IMO is more reputable than the programs from other school’s. A friend of mine and other lawyers I know taught courses at SAIT. I also know that bigger law firms prefer applicants that completed the two year diploma and skip candidates that took the expedited program from other colleges. I know this because I took the program in 09 when I got laid off work and decided to go back to school, not my first choice then but decided to complete the program anyway. A lot of people I graduated with are now senior paralegal’s or hiring managers at different law firms. I can discuss more via PM.
Thanks ill PM you, thank you sir.

The_Rural_Juror
11-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Are you sure she doesn't want to be a teacher?