PDA

View Full Version : Hairiest Moments

SSO
12-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Recently had a discussion with another hard core car enthusiast which devolved into a discussion on the hairiest moments each of us have had in different Ferraris, McLarens, & Porsche's over the years. Thought it was worth documenting a few of mine: https://karenable.com/my-hairiest-supercar-moments/

What have been yours?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-10-2020, 11:23 AM
I’ve had some pretty close calls flat towing for work, generally in the dark when road surface changes quickly and you start to feel the back end come around and have to be extremely smooth and gentle to find some grip and drop speed. I remember last year having a OOOO shit moment exiting turn 6 at Castrol around 135km/h where it started to go wide towards the grass, just barely had enough room to keep all four wheels on. My fault for being too aggressive on the curb and unsettling the car. Other than that I damaged my dads rear fenders being too aggressive around cones at auto x a few times, those are some real “oh shit that sounded expensive” runs.

I also wrote off two cars in one hit leaving an ice racing event which was shameful.

JustinL
12-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Turn 6 at Castrol isn't as scary as if it happened in T1! I've mowed those dandelions before :) One of our track days I lost the throttle return spring on the straight between turn 6 and 7 in the rain. That got exciting when I went for the brakes and the car didn't want to slow down, so clutch in and into the rev limiter before killing the engine, but I was all kinds of backwards by then and went into the grass on the outside of 7. Glad it happened there though with lots of run-off.

Mine by far is when I had an oil fire during a race. The flames melted the grommets on the firewall and I had a jet of fire into the passenger area of the car. I remember being astounded at how hot the fire was. Managed to get the car to the corner workers and used my fire system to save it, but that was a close one.

mr2mike
12-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Would have been during first Covid-19 lockdown. Didn't shave for 3 months. Made Toilet_X jealous.

The_Rural_Juror
12-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Nice blog. Even nicer Miata.

arcticcat522
12-10-2020, 01:06 PM
What's the statute of limitations on illegal activities involving cars and insurance?

SSO
12-10-2020, 01:47 PM
What's the statute of limitations on illegal activities involving cars and insurance?

Depends on the country.

bjstare
12-10-2020, 02:04 PM
Mine have definitely been on sport bikes, in my younger and dumber days. Top of the list is becoming unintentionally airborne while accelerating at ~230kph, coming down and hitting my chin on the tank and then getting speed wobbles... steering damper saved my bacon. I had a video of this from a gopro, will update my post w/ it if I can dig it up. It was without a doubt, the scariest thing that I've been through (that didn't actually result in a crash).

4WARNED
12-10-2020, 02:14 PM
ran out of talent and road, all at the same corner.

JRSC00LUDE
12-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Mine have definitely been on sport bikes, in my younger and dumber days. Top of the list is becoming unintentionally airborne while accelerating at ~230kph, coming down and hitting my chin on the tank and then getting speed wobbles... steering damper saved my bacon. I had a video of this from a gopro, will update my post w/ it if I can dig it up. It was without a doubt, the scariest thing that I've been through (that didn't actually result in a crash).

Please find this!

rage2
12-10-2020, 02:29 PM
I posted this in another thread:

Testing #1 as well, on highway 1A. Taking some corners at 9/10ths. Some blind. This was after one of the heavy rainfalls. Blind corner, cornering at almost the limit, a fucking river across the road. Car instantly hydroplaned, towards the mountain wall, at 150-160km/h. No clue how I managed to keep it on the road. Slowed down and silence in the car. kenny breaks the ice 2 mins later. "That was pretty fucking close huh?"
More details to the story, back when I was young and invincible, I used to tune cars out on highway 1A. Everything from power delivery, to suspension tuning. 1A has an insanely good mix of low mid and high speed corners with various camber changes and tons of bumps to really sort out a car. As it also runs through Stoney First Nations reserve, there are no cops. Ever.

This was probably my closest near hurt/death story. A stripped out to nothing 400hp 2000lb Turbo Honda Civic EG track car, no safety gear (no roll cage or anything), literally a bare metal shell with some Type-R seats and OEM seatbelts, flying through 1A with way the fuck too stiff suspension, hydroplaning at the apex of a mid speed left hander on R compounds going at a really good 9/10ths clip. I honestly don't know how I kept it on the road, just remember I was uber smooth through the "river", with very minor counter steering and managed to slide right to the edge of the road before the small ditch and into the side of mountain. Would've lost both beyond.ca founders in that one moment lol.

We had a lot of camera gear in the car later on, really wish I caught this one on tape.

ercchry
12-10-2020, 03:06 PM
So many... how does one choose? :rofl:

Probably high school going to Louise on the 1A, or returning? It was dusk either way. Hairiest as I wasn’t driving!! Buddy had his mom’s Toyota Previa... doing about 180km/h... and a whole group of deer just chillin in the oncoming lane, about 6” away from us as we went by... with that giant ass windshield... they were oh so close to being in our laps!

The first everything on a sport bike was hairy of course... getting hit by a car sucked, getting stuck with a shit headlight and tinted visor coming back in the pitch dark from Canmore on the 1A sucked too, but was fine.

Turn one at RC was always hairy... coming into it sitting on the limiter, especially that one time I almost took out Dave when he was shooting at turn 2, that I didn’t even come close to making it around :rofl:

Drifting the bank at the oval was always sketch, seemed like a car went into it almost every practice... but I never did crash on it. Did back it into the infield wall once. Basically a nonevent though.

Probably more near death experiences at the ski hill though, but again so many nothing really stands out! Haha

JohnnyHockey13
12-10-2020, 03:08 PM
Did you people believe in supernatural forces (angels) before, how bout after? lol

ExtraSlow
12-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Car I drove fastest was probably also the slowest car I ever owned. 1993 Hyundai Excel. Drove everywhere with my foot to the floor for about 5 years straight. Passing people on the sunshine access road, back-alley rally racing, and some epic runs down the forestry trunk road near Cataract creek. Commuting back and forth to Rocky Mountain house in the dark. There are about 100 different ways to go from Goldenrod Hall to Sundre, and all of them are interesting in a car with bad handling and rock-hard tires in the winter. Used to do laps around the John Laurie to McKnight eastbound corner, and I could keep it to 80 and above if I used the entire width of the road there. That's fast as hell in that car.

Used to have a little driving aggression issue, and some stress. I'm pretty calm these days.

darthVWader
12-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Backing the 04 Corolla out of the driveway, I bumped my garbage can.

Buster
12-10-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm embarrassed that I have to think so hard about this.

The_Penguin
12-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Would have been during first Covid-19 lockdown. Didn't shave for 3 months. Made Toilet_X jealous.

I don't care who y'ar, that's funny right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Would have been during first Covid-19 lockdown. Didn't shave for 3 months. Made Toilet_X horny.

FTFY

The_Penguin
12-10-2020, 07:41 PM
I walked away from this in '78 (yes fuck off, I'm old we already established that)
OK didn't walk away, an ambulance took me, but I walked out of the hospital hours later. Couple cracked ribs, a shit-ton of glass in my face/scalp '68 Nova. RIP.

mr2mike
12-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Jesus that's a good wreck.
No crumple zones, no head rest.
Bet you only had a lap belt to drive and might not have been wearing it.

D'z Nutz
12-10-2020, 08:05 PM
I was 16, it was the first winter I drove, and I was going southbound the centre street bridge when all my windows fogged up. I could not see a thing and I ended up hitting the cement sides on the bridge just over the Bow River. I know the chances of me driving off the bridge and into the water was pretty unlikely at those speeds, but when you're a kid the thought definitely crosses your mind. I let my windows defrost a little more now before I start driving off.

A few years ago I was on my motorcycle (also going southbound centre street....) when someone in oncoming traffic started turning left into 15th Ave/New Asia. Then the driver stopped. Then started again. Then stopped. The driver couldn't make up his or her mind on whether or not they should make the turn (I'm assuming the driver was a member of the triple-O club). Then at the last second gunned it into the intersection. I had to brake quickly... except I disengaged the clutch instead of braking. I ride my bicycle to work so often my muscle memory was used to the front brakes being on the left hand and not the right like on motorcycles. When I realized this, I had to do an emergency brake. My rear wheel locked up and started fish tailing so I was trying to maintain my balance to keep from wiping out while braking at the same time. That weekend I swapped the brake cables on all my bicycles so that the front brake is on the right hand to match motorcycles.

The_Penguin
12-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Jesus that's a good wreck.
No crumple zones, no head rest.
Bet you only had a lap belt to drive and might not have been wearing it.

No belt. I think you're right. Lap only. Nobody really wore seatbelts back then, especially teenagers.

adam c
12-10-2020, 08:11 PM
A few years ago 07ish? When they were redoing basically all of Deerfoot I was driving north bound and took the beddington overpass, I must have had oil on my tires as my back end kicked out and my car went sideways on the bridge with my nose facing Deerfoot northbound, held my brakes e brake and clutch as hard as I could, luckily there were no cars behind me

EM2FTL
12-10-2020, 08:39 PM
I wrote up a bunch of stories but i'm realizing this is probably not stuff I should air publicly lol. Suffice it to say there are police on the 1A just past reserve territory, and drifting mishaps can occur in a wide variety of settings and seasons :)

brucebanner
12-10-2020, 08:44 PM
2012 or 2013 In the dead of winter heading to YEG airport driving north on QE2 just after passing the Leduc overpass / bridge taking the slight left still heading north. I was in the middle lane with traffic in front and behind me but none on either side of me.

Truck decided to step way out on me and point directly west, managed to straighten out and continue north in the most left lane. Definitely white knuckled a little there.

Anyone who travels that area in the winter knows it can be brutal for black ice.

Was excessively speeding in the rain back in my teenage years and ended up in writing off my car from going off the road. That happened way faster than the above story though haha.

90_Shelby
12-10-2020, 09:54 PM
I wrote up a bunch of stories but i'm realizing this is probably not stuff I should air publicly lol. Suffice it to say there are police on the 1A just past reserve territory, and drifting mishaps can occur in a wide variety of settings and seasons :)

I agree with you 100%, so I’ll share one where I was the passenger in a modified C6 ZR1.

First ride in a buddies ZR1, he’s a very skilled driver so I felt reasonably comfortable with his driving. We’re headed north on Deerfoot, ~3:00AM and as he heads for the Memorial exit, he floors it and the Vette is pulling hard, at the rate of speed, I assume we’re headed west into downtown, nope, hard on the Carbon Ceramic brakes, and we head east bound Memorial, a full U turn and back on the throttle as we head onto Memorial and then down the Barlow trail exit, again as hard as he can push it. We manage to catch the light and it’s a hard left onto Barlow northbound, tires blazing with the car fully sideways as he stays on it under Memorial and the C-train bridge, the sound was intoxicating.

We continued northbound and he dialed it back as I’m wondering if I tore the armrest off the door. We then approach the cloverleaf at 16th Ave and Barlow and he accelerates hard from Barlow towards the first loop. I’ve never driven with anyone who doesn’t stay steady and flowing through a single loop, he has one loop broken down to a curve, a very short straight where he’s on the throttle, another curve then into the next loop. I notice on the second loop that he’s pushing it a bit harder, each curve I can feel the ass end twitching just slightly as he modulates the pedals, on the throttle, next curve, more twitching then into the next loop. It’s been several years but I recall 90-100ish km/hr through the curves of the clover leaf. By the third loop where I again feel like he’s pushing it hard, I start to think about how the car will respond if we hit the guard rail as I wonder if the car will flip or not and how I should brace for impact. By the fourth loop, I start wondering about my pregnant wife at home and how she’ll handle raising our unborn child if I die after we roll this thing over the guardrail. I’m also wondering where the hell we’re going because I’m unsure if I’m having fun or about to poop my pants. One more loop and we’re headed west bound 16th Ave.

We end up back on Deerfoot north, hard on it and through the loop, westbound McKnight Blvd. We continue on and catch the light at 4st. Light turns green and he’s on it hard through the swoopy bits before the hard left to John Laurie where he again hangs the ass end out tires blazing. He stays on the throttle as we head towards 14st. Roads are empty but we spot a car merging onto John Laurie headed in the opposite direction, we’re travelling at a very high rate of speed. He lifts the throttle for a moment as we realize it’s a cop car, I look back as we pass it and see the cherries blaze up. We know he has to go a ways down the road before he can turn around so I yell, go, go, go! Back on the throttle under 14st and as we approach 19st, we’re in 5th gear nearing 300km/hr. I yell to turn left onto 19st and he’s hard on the brakes, ass end hanging out as we head south. We ripped down a few more streets and eventually down a back alley and parked in some random car port. Got out of the car and walked away to a nearby park. We caught our breath over the next 30- 40 minutes and watched a cop car drive by and Hawcs fly over head.

We eventually got the car to my house where it stayed in the garage for 3 days and I loaned him my car to get to work.

Wildest drive to memory.

ianmcc
12-11-2020, 05:55 AM
I posted this elsewhere but this is why I swear by winter tires even in April in Calgary.
Eastbound Glenmore over the Bow River.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPgDparQhU

94boosted
12-11-2020, 09:55 AM
I’ve had some pretty close calls flat towing for work, generally in the dark when road surface changes quickly and you start to feel the back end come around and have to be extremely smooth and gentle to find some grip and drop speed. I remember last year having a OOOO shit moment exiting turn 6 at Castrol around 135km/h where it started to go wide towards the grass, just barely had enough room to keep all four wheels on. My fault for being too aggressive on the curb and unsettling the car. Other than that I damaged my dads rear fenders being too aggressive around cones at auto x a few times, those are some real “oh shit that sounded expensive” runs.

I also wrote off two cars in one hit leaving an ice racing event which was shameful.

Turn 5 for me in the vette lol

Go for the brakes and my foot goes nearly to the floor and the car wasn't slowing down much.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-11-2020, 10:07 AM

Go for the brakes and my foot goes nearly to the floor and the car wasn't slowing down much.

I’d be cleaning my pants.

rage2
12-11-2020, 10:16 AM

Funny, I haven't had many, if any hairy moments on the road course. Maybe I wasn't driving hard enough haha. Turn 5 tho catches everyone off guard with that heavy off camber.

I spun out in an Ariel Atom in turn 5 on cold tires, and followed buh_buh through turn 5 as he oversteered, went off the grass prior to 6, onto the hill, stopped there and rolled kenny 's turbo EG Civic upside down that I referenced in my earlier post.

Neither were really hairy. Very anti-climatic.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Oh I also spun someone else’s Civic I jumped into entering T6 this summer as well on lap 1. I’ve never spun before on a road course or auto x so it was pretty scary lol.

ThePenIsMightier
12-11-2020, 12:09 PM
Oh I also spun someone else’s Civic I jumped into entering T6 this summer as well on lap 1. I’ve never spun before on a road course or auto x so it was pretty scary lol.

I spun out at an AutoX and went into extremely dry grass at that Edmonton military airport. I hustled to get back on track and some of the grass was smoking when I got off. A fire would've been really bad and the group would've had zero chance of controlling it.
File under "almost catastrophe, but instead, fuck all happened, so your story is lame".

94boosted
12-11-2020, 02:17 PM
I’d be cleaning my pants.

Code brown for sure.

This was me being a dumb dumb though and running full blown take-off Continental racing slicks on shitty pads (EBC Yellow or Hawk HP+, can't remember) lesson learnt :D

Funny, I haven't had many, if any hairy moments on the road course. Maybe I wasn't driving hard enough haha. Turn 5 tho catches everyone off guard with that heavy off camber.

I spun out in an Ariel Atom in turn 5 on cold tires, and followed buh_buh through turn 5 as he oversteered, went off the grass prior to 6, onto the hill, stopped there and rolled kenny 's turbo EG Civic upside down that I referenced in my earlier post.

You rolled a car on track, and that wasn't even your hairiest moment :eek::rofl:

I’ve never spun before on a road course or auto x so it was pretty scary lol.

I've spent the better part of a decade auto crossing 450+hp cars with no spins but the one season I did in an ND Miata I think I spun at least 3 times :rofl:

SSO
12-11-2020, 02:20 PM

I did a 360 in an Atom at Goodwood right in front of the pits in the rain. Just kept on going like nothing happened. Think my passenger might have had an accident though.....

sabad66
12-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Drove to Washington State to pick up our puppy in November 2015. All good getting the puppy but on the way back on the homestretch in Revelstoke, decided to try to pass a semi near the bridge. Pretty sure it was dotted lines so i was allowed to pass, but i misjudged the oncoming car. I was a split second away from a head on collision but thankfully made it through. Wife (fiance at the time) was sleeping in the back set with an 8 week old puppy in her arms and she had no idea all 3 of our lives could have been ended that moment.

Don't think i said a word for an hour or two after that and just drove in the slow lane for the remaining leg of the trip back to Calgary. This incident pops up in my head every couple of weeks ago and i have a mini anxiety attack because of how close it was. Now i don't bother passing on one-lane highways unless its absolutely safe - nothing questionable at all. It just ain't worth it.

rage2
12-11-2020, 03:26 PM
You rolled a car on track, and that wasn't even your hairiest moment :eek::rofl:
Well I wasn't in that car. I was just following trying to see what the car was doing. And believe me, it was the slowest rollover I've ever seen. I'd say the car was stopped on the side of the hill for a full 5 seconds before it started tipping over, upside down, and that's it.

The car didn't even look damaged. Probably because it wasn't that pretty to begin with lol.

I think benyl has a picture of it upside down. That civic was such a piece of shit car to drive < 100km/h. Anything above that, it was magic. I miss her.

Darell_n
12-11-2020, 03:47 PM
I was merging onto Stoney westbound from Sarcee (uphill leaving Beacon Heights) in my old Dodge Ram short box. Was pushing 20+ lbs boost in that 6.4L Hemi and hit some water running across the lane with big fat drag radials on the truck. Did a 360° in traffic >100mph and pulled off to the shoulder without incident. Had to go for a 5 minute walk to get my nerves back. Lol. The truck would also break traction on the centre line while pulling out to pass on the highway too often, so I sold it before my first kid was due to arrive. That machine would have ended me sooner than later.

Sentry
12-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Racing moments:
I spun a CRX in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in 2016 lol. Got it turned back around and off the line to accelerate before anyone caught up to me thankfully lol. That same race, an E36 BMW was up my ass for a couple laps and getting frustrated he couldn't get past me, so he tried to go into turn 4 at the same entry speed as the CRX and all I saw in the rearview was a big cloud of tire smoke and him going off into the runoff. Laughed my ass off.

Last year at the LA1K race at castrol with 30 minutes to go I was going to be bringing the car across the checkered after about 10 hours of racing. A massive downpour started and the defog of the car couldn't keep up. Huge standing puddles on the track and I was on slicks. So driving 10/10ths completely blind and our little 100 horsepower racecar is doing 3rd gear rolling burnouts aquaplaning and darting everywhere on the front straight. Ended up bringing it across the line 4th overall and 1st in class, 5 seconds behind the 3rd overall (and higher class) finisher.

I'll think of some streetcar pucker moments to post, I've got my share of those as well.

90_Shelby
12-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Racing moments:
I spun a CRX in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in 2016 lol. Got it turned back around and off the line to accelerate before anyone caught up to me thankfully lol. That same race, an E36 BMW was up my ass for a couple laps and getting frustrated he couldn't get past me, so he tried to go into turn 4 at the same entry speed as the CRX and all I saw in the rearview was a big cloud of tire smoke and him going off into the runoff. Laughed my ass off.

Last year at the LA1K race at castrol with 30 minutes to go I was going to be bringing the car across the checkered after about 10 hours of racing. A massive downpour started and the defog of the car couldn't keep up. Huge standing puddles on the track and I was on slicks. So driving 10/10ths completely blind and our little 100 horsepower racecar is doing 3rd gear rolling burnouts aquaplaning and darting everywhere on the front straight. Ended up bringing it across the line 4th overall and 1st in class, 5 seconds behind the 3rd overall (and higher class) finisher.

I'll think of some streetcar pucker moments to post, I've got my share of those as well.

Simply post the vid of you in the Subaru following the hit and run, that vid is so awesome!

ThePenIsMightier
12-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Simply post the vid of you in the Subaru following the hit and run, that vid is so awesome!

LoL, was that him!!? I remember that, too!

Sentry
12-11-2020, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah lol, hit and run by a crackhead in a stolen truck, chased him down and did a j turn in front of him, he shit his pants and hooked a left into a parked car. I may have watched too many 70s cop movies.
At_gHgYw6L4

Weirdly the M5, despite being the most powerful car I've owned, didn't really give me any sketchy moments. That car was so fucking planted, even when you got it sideways. Very pointable and steerable with the throttle. Certainly didn't feel like 4000lbs of sedan.

In my old AE86 there was this subdivision outside of Cochrane where I would go fuck around and drift. (EDIT: They had built and paved all the roads and curbs but no houses had been built yet, or even ground broken) One day I went there and it was dry, but had rained the previous day. There was a dust patch on the entry to one of the corners and so I went into the corner at normal speed, except the dust had turned into slick mud from the previous days rain. I went straight over a curb at 60ish kph and blew all four tires hahaha. Got some kijiji tires and mounted them, car was fine, no rims bent, no tie rods bent, took it like a champ.

Also one time I was kinda hauling a bit of ass in a turbo civic, but like 7/10ths, heading out on the 1A. Just past exshaw on that blind right hander over the top of the hill I was doing 120 or 130ish and there was a flock of bighorn sheep on the road, had to slam on the brakes and swerve.

The_Rural_Juror
12-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Would've lost both beyond.ca founders in that one moment lol.

I find myself wondering how I would have turned out in the alternate reality without beyond.

Toilet_X
12-12-2020, 11:25 AM

Mmm, lemme comb ya fer louses!

revelations
12-12-2020, 12:30 PM
I walked away from this in '78 (yes fuck off, I'm old we already established that)
OK didn't walk away, an ambulance took me, but I walked out of the hospital hours later. Couple cracked ribs, a shit-ton of glass in my face/scalp '68 Nova. RIP.

jesus fuck - lap belts only?

spikerS
12-12-2020, 04:10 PM
I have quite a few, surprised I lived through my youth to be honest.

First one I can recall, my buddy and I ended up with a turbo's Ford Thunderbird. This was our first real foray into building a car. We replaced the turbo with some big turbo found at pink-n-pull. We had NFC what we were doing. Stuck it in the T-bird and then took it out NW of Cochrane on some back roads to test it out. Buddy was driving and the car was pulling really hard from a stop sign. He had it up to about 180kph when the biggest fucking deer popped out of the ditch aiming to cross the road. Fucker saw our headlights (this was at dusk) and saw us coming, buddy didnt have time to brake, and the tires we had on there were shit, so swerving at that speed was even more dangerous than hitting it, and thankfully my buddy realized it. But in the biggest stroke of luck, at the last possible second, the deer stops half in the shoulder, half on the road, ducks his head and heads back into the ditch. By the deer ducking it's head, it just went under the passenger door mirror, and time was moving so slow to me, and in such detail, I can vividly remember every fucking hair on the back of the deer's head, and could probably count each and every one. :rofl:

As for the other stories, do we have a statute of limitations or anything like that in Canada? I don't really wanna post stuff up from 20 years ago and then have to deal with the headache for some Beyond internet points. LOL!

The_Penguin
12-12-2020, 04:46 PM
jesus fuck - lap belts only?

Actually, I may be thinking of my '66 Biscayne. The '68 Nova may have had shoulder belts. When did they become a thing? It May have been 67-68. Either way, I wasn't wearing it.

MrFaust
12-12-2020, 04:51 PM
This was my first car and my first May in Calgary, threw on the summer tires too early and it ended up snowing a couple days later, lost traction braking in a corner and ended up sliding into a guard rail.

ExtraSlow
12-12-2020, 04:57 PM
...time was moving so slow to me, and in such detail, I can vividly remember every fucking hair on the back of the deer's head, and could probably count each and every one. :rofl:
Oh shit I know what you mean about this. I missed a moose near Mayerthorpe in a snowstorm once. Wasn't driving particularly fast, but it was dark, it was snowing, and the moose was standing on the road. Slid past her in the rented Suburban, and I swear to god she could have licked my drivers window as I went past. I was looking right up her nostril. I just took both feet off the pedals and costed to a stop a few hundred yards later. Did some deep breathing, and drove slowly the rest of the way to the Whitecourt BP's for some wings and MGD. I hated that drive.

revelations
12-12-2020, 06:40 PM
As for the other stories, do we have a statute of limitations or anything like that in Canada? I don't really wanna post stuff up from 20 years ago and then have to deal with the headache for some Beyond internet points. LOL!

If memory serves, things like speeding is 6 months (summary conviction offense) but if it was something like a hit and run, then it becomes a indictable offense and these carry no limitations. Some offenses are also hybrid (both).

If you dont want to indict yourself, you can always recite it as being from a 'friend' as well. :burnout:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I may be thinking of my '66 Biscayne. The '68 Nova may have had shoulder belts. When did they become a thing? It May have been 67-68. Either way, I wasn't wearing it.

Thats a wake up call for sure.