PDA

View Full Version : LF someone good with a solder iron, and is readily available today or tomorrow

Tik-Tok
12-23-2020, 03:01 PM
Need a couple of relays replaced on my hot tub circuit board. I have the relays in-hand, but won't remove the board until I find someone who can do it. Can't keep power off the tub for too long, so I need someone who can do it fairly quickly after I take it out.

See circle in pic.

SJW
12-23-2020, 03:08 PM
I just went through this. I ended up replacing the whole board.

revelations
12-23-2020, 03:17 PM
you need a specialized soldering set (suckers, etc.) with a microscope for some of the smaller things on that board - if it was just the wires I could do it right now

nobb
12-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Yea that's not a job you do with a soldering iron without a solder sucker. You could get some tin foil, mask off the area, and use a heat gun.

Tik-Tok
12-23-2020, 04:11 PM
Yeah, wiring I can do myself. I've also done some circuit board building, but never removing components, even though I have a sucker. This isn't the one to try myself because if I fuck it up, my tub going to freeze solid.

I just went through this. I ended up replacing the whole board.

Did you try the relays first? I know for sure the lower one is toast. I've been lightly tapping it to get unstuck when it stops heating.

SJW
12-23-2020, 05:07 PM
They couldn’t Diagnose. Nor could I.

I just had a leaking hose. Hot tubs are a pain but so worth it.

revelations
12-23-2020, 05:22 PM
Yeah, wiring I can do myself. I've also done some circuit board building, but never removing components, even though I have a sucker. This isn't the one to try myself because if I fuck it up, my tub going to freeze solid.

Did you try the relays first? I know for sure the lower one is toast. I've been lightly tapping it to get unstuck when it stops heating.

buy the board and then attempt fixing the old board - if it works for 30 days (or whatever the return time frame is) then you have just paid for shipping as a contingency measure - but also have a functional HT

Nufy
12-23-2020, 05:26 PM
If you can drop it off I can give it a go. I have the tools required. Sucker, copper braid if required solder etc...

SE calgary. Deer Ridge.

Nufy
12-23-2020, 05:40 PM
Need a couple of relays replaced on my hot tub circuit board. I have the relays in-hand, but won't remove the board until I find someone who can do it. Can't keep power off the tub for too long, so I need someone who can do it fairly quickly after I take it out.

See circle in pic.

Do you have a pic of the other side ?

Nufy
12-23-2020, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQBBHtejMA

Tik-Tok
12-23-2020, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQBBHtejMA

That's the one. His trick didn't work though because the relay is sticking. Pm'ing you.