PDA

View Full Version : Covid restrictions - NO social gatherings - did you follow the rules?

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 02:28 PM
I'm sure this will devolve into bickering, but looking for a snapshot. Did you personally follow the "No indoor or outdoor social gatherings" rule completely since they came into effect on December 8?

Based on my personal discussions. I'd guess compliance is under 50%

Poll is private.

Buster
01-02-2021, 02:31 PM
We've been pretty close to perfect, yeah. But we were pretty conservative about covid even before that.

Now that SuperCOVID from the UK is here, though, we're all fucked.

killramos
01-02-2021, 02:35 PM
No Christmas for us no.

Private poll is a mistake haha

The_Rural_Juror
01-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Private poll is a mistake haha

I agree. We haven't shamed anyone in days. New Year's truce has got to be over by now.

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 02:43 PM
I know multiple families that have been hosting events. Some outdoors that seem low risk, some indoor "regular Christmas" that seem high risk. Both types prohibited. It's weird how many people are flaunting thier lack of compliance.

OTown
01-02-2021, 02:48 PM
The government did allow 2 single people to visit per household during christmas (technically a social gathering) so I don't think the poll will be wholly accurate.

killramos
01-02-2021, 02:48 PM
Pretty easy to have big balls when there are no consequences.

Quebec has been doing it right, issuing hundreds of tickets.

You are never going to get everyone, but you need to nail enough people to make the rest think twice.

Buster
01-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Nobody really cares about community transmission any more, though. You are either trying to prevent yourself from getting sick, or you aren't.

spikerS
01-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Our house has, mostly. We have still had home care workers come to the house for the MIL fairly regularly, so I don't know if that counts. My youngest daughter also comes from her mom's house every week. And one time I did have a buddy come over for an evening to play kitchen table magic at the end of November, otherwise, yes, we have been in compliance.

AndyL
01-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Quebec has been doing it right, issuing hundreds of tickets.

We could be resolving out budget crisis if we just started implementing stupid taxes!

I can't believe I'm saying this - we should be following quebec's lead!

Poor and isolated - Yup, didn't leave the house or have anyone over.

killramos
01-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Nobody really cares about community transmission any more, though. You are either trying to prevent yourself from getting sick, or you aren't.

Nobody? Well you could have fooled me.

Buster
01-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Nobody? Well you could have fooled me.

Bad on me for talking in absolutes. The population in general isn't as concerned about it as much as they were in say, April.

dirtsniffer
01-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Had both sets of parents over during the holidays, but they also care for my kid regularly. I think that is technically against the regulations. Have been meeting friends with kids at the playground or to to tobogganing. Which is also on the darker side of grey.

The_Rural_Juror
01-02-2021, 03:06 PM
Bad on me for talking in absolutes. The population in general isn't as concerned about it as much as they were in say, April.

Two moms were discussing vacations to Mexico at the rink today, with some of their friends having returned recently. They were so engrossed in the conversation that they didn't notice my slew foot on their annoying kid. I did my part for society.

vengie
01-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Had two family gatherings with immediate family only (parents and 2 sisters).

I’ve also played outdoor hockey a couple times.

Zero shame, or guilt.

killramos
01-02-2021, 03:10 PM

I would agree that generally speaking no one seems to give a fuck about anything these days, except for where UCP members went in vacation

The_Rural_Juror
01-02-2021, 03:17 PM
Free the Plus15.

rx7boi
01-02-2021, 03:19 PM
No gatherings here. We cancelled all of our dinners and celebrations.

SKR
01-02-2021, 03:33 PM
I went back to SK to my mom and dad's. Against the rules here I think, but okay there.

jutes
01-02-2021, 04:30 PM
No gatherings, but not like we were huge party goers to begin with. Stick with outdoorsy stuff when we can.

Work has been back normal since August except addition of masks and hand sanitizer everywhere. If there is any spreading of Covid, it will be there, not at the house. Nothing about my job is essential, like anything in government. It’s only a matter of time before we get shut down with a case and contract tracing goes back to everyone.

Thaco
01-02-2021, 04:32 PM
nope, good excuse to stay home and avoid people :) We had a couple family members who dropped off gifts for the kids, they put them on the step and we chatted for 5 minutes from 12 feet apart across the front yard. and Video chatted while the kids were opening the gifts

Darkane
01-02-2021, 05:40 PM
I went back to SK to my mom and dad's. Against the rules here I think, but okay there.

Sask was same residence only. No?

I don’t care you did, but I didn’t and I’d be pissed if I didn’t understand their rules well lol.

SKR
01-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Sask was same residence only. No?

I don’t care you did, but I didn’t and I’d be pissed if I didn’t understand their rules well lol.

Starting December 17, all private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households (people you currently live with) only. Single individuals (a person who resides on their own) are permitted to meet with one household of less than five (always the same household).

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/public-health-measures/mass-gatherings

So I couldn't have went if I wasn't single. I probably would have went anyway even if I wasn't single, but since women aren't into guys who are built like mashed potatoes that wasn't a problem.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-02-2021, 06:33 PM
I voted no only because we dropped off presents at gfs sisters house and stood outside to chat from their front sidewalk for ten minutes.

mr2mike
01-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Stayed away from everyone. Happier that way and staying healthy.
Grandma is more social than me.

Darkane
01-02-2021, 07:11 PM
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/public-health-measures/mass-gatherings

So I couldn't have went if I wasn't single. I probably would have went anyway even if I wasn't single, but since women aren't into guys who are built like mashed potatoes that wasn't a problem.

10-4. Thanks for the info.

ThePenIsMightier
01-02-2021, 07:43 PM

You're single?! Pfffttt! I practically want to stick it in you.
You better get back on that horse.*

*Not the heroin horse... Do not get on that horse.

Maxt
01-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Being a known covid case has earned me leper status....

colsankey
01-02-2021, 08:20 PM
I took the kids to a park and my parents came by to watch them play and stood 6 feet away with masks on. Otherwise we've followed all the rules and didn't go anywhere, or have anyone over since the newest lockdown

Monday and the near futures is gonna be a total shit show with a 5 and 3 year old and no MiL to watch them due to following the rules. Both us are crazy busy and kids don't get why we are around but can't play with them.

mr2mike
01-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Being a known covid case has earned me leper status....

Maybe you have super powers now with your antibodies now?

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 08:33 PM
It's like being bitten by a radioactive spider.

SKR
01-02-2021, 08:43 PM
You're single?! Pfffttt! I practically want to stick it in you.
You better get back on that horse.*

*Not the heroin horse... Do not get on that horse.

I don't want to find out how mighty that penis is.

Kloubek
01-03-2021, 04:03 AM
Our family is in BC so we go down every year.

Except this one.

Guess it was a pretty easy decision, considering us breaking the rules would be doing so against TWO provincial regulations so it would be pretty blatant disregard if we did.

As for our home, we have followed the rules 100%. We would have anyway, but we were particularly careful as my wife and I came down with cold-like symptoms where we both lost sense of taste and smell, so it seems kinda a no-brainer.

Toilet_X
01-03-2021, 09:51 AM
I don't want to find out how mighty that penis is.

I'll gladly dip my toe in that water for ya.

Ive been locked down too. Well, i did a couple of tame face sit parties, but i saran wrapped myself good.

firebane
01-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Our house is already a home body environment and we have nobody to go see or have over.

We also did not travel to Edmonton over Christmas for family and I adhered to the WFH mandate and my girlfriend would have as well but her work is an essential service so she needs to be in the office.

So for us yes 100% compliance for social gatherings.

ExtraSlow
01-03-2021, 10:08 AM
So far for 71 votes we have a 2/3 adherence rate according to the poll. Higher than I assumed.

bjstare
01-03-2021, 10:50 AM
So far for 71 votes we have a 2/3 adherence rate according to the poll. Higher than I assumed.

I think a lot of this is explained by the theme of “we were isolating except [insert event/reason here].” If any of these people voted that they were following the rules, it’s confounding your data.

On a related note, that’s a perfect example of why the lockdowns aren’t working. If you are isolating, but making exceptions, newsflash: you aren’t isolating.

ExtraSlow
01-03-2021, 10:53 AM
Yeah, this is less an audit of actual behaviour and more of a snapshot of people's self-opinion.

Just been really surprised how many of my social circle are not event trying to follow the rules. Christmas party with multiple households then new years gathering with different households. Shared food and no masking at either. Wild.

ThePenIsMightier
01-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Yeah, this is less an audit of actual behaviour and more of a snapshot of people's self-opinion.

Just been really surprised how many of my social circle are not event trying to follow the rules. Christmas party with multiple households then new years gathering with different households. Shared food and no masking at either. Wild.

Agree. I didn't notice much illegal gathering for xmas in my street, but NYE had Ontario plates at one house, BC at another and obvious other violations.

max_boost
01-03-2021, 11:37 AM
Going on a date at Walmart or superstore tmr. Can’t wait.

ExtraSlow
01-03-2021, 11:43 AM
Take careful note if she gets hornier by the garden centre or the baby clothes.

flipstah
01-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Going on a date at Walmart or superstore tmr. Can’t wait.

Sunterra or Midtown Coop doe

mr2mike
01-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Our family is in BC so we go down every year.

Except this one.

Guess it was a pretty easy decision, considering us breaking the rules would be doing so against TWO provincial regulations so it would be pretty blatant disregard if we did.

As for our home, we have followed the rules 100%. We would have anyway, but we were particularly careful as my wife and I came down with cold-like symptoms where we both lost sense of taste and smell, so it seems kinda a no-brainer.

It's because you're not a government figure.
Government figures NEEDED to keep their traditions up. I mean they're stressed out and in need of normalcy somewhere this year.

Masked Bandit
01-03-2021, 12:19 PM
I made a point of checking my street and I have to say that over Christmas I didn't see a single non-resident vehicle. If anyone had people over A) it couldn't have been too many and B) they did a good job of hiding things.

Darkane
01-03-2021, 12:48 PM
I made a point of checking my street and I have to say that over Christmas I didn't see a single non-resident vehicle. If anyone had people over A) it couldn't have been too many and B) they did a good job of hiding things.

Yeah, I didn’t notice too much in my street. Two houses down there were some shenanigans with fireworks, hootin and hollerin after midnight, but I think it was just the normal 3-4 guys that live there.

triplep
01-03-2021, 09:27 PM

I see what you did there.... loss of taste and smell.

Team_Mclaren
01-04-2021, 12:24 AM
going on a date at walmart or superstore tmr. Can’t wait.

pics of ladyboy?

spikerS
01-04-2021, 12:46 AM

Well, i know if I was going to have out of towners come to visit me, I would park on the street and park their vehicle(s) in my garage lol

But I didn't vote, because even with the restrictions, we have had a few people in and out of the house, but not for socializing.

mr2mike
01-04-2021, 08:47 AM
Take careful note if she gets hornier by the garden centre or the baby clothes.

What about produce section by the egg plants?

ExtraSlow
01-04-2021, 08:51 AM
What about produce section by the egg plants?

Veteran move spoken like a guy who knows.

Pauly Boy
01-04-2021, 01:36 PM
We were going to have the wife's parents on Christmas eve since they watch our youngest a couple times a week and he's been working on our basement since before covid anyways, but her mom cancelled since she was all concerned about the restrictions :dunno:

Dropped off some gifts and checked in on Great Grandma boxing day, but just kids in the porch while we hung outside for 5min.

So I guess we broke the law? Meh. Not like I flew the fam-jam to Hawaii or anything.