PDA

View Full Version : Meat Deal Spotted Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tirebob
01-12-2021, 06:52 PM
Dunno if anyone is interested, but I know I am always on the lookout for beef/pork/chicken or whatever at great deals to fill the fridge/freezer with so I thought maybe it deserved a thread of its own. If anyone spots a sale, please post here!

Now today I was at the Costco in Balzac and they had briskets on for $7.69/kg (3.49/lb) which is a great price! Even though I always prefer to cook never frozen, this was too good to say no to so I grabbed a few for the freezer. Most were pretty decent too, though I did pick through and grabbed the nicest ones haha!

Disoblige
01-13-2021, 12:16 AM
I been trying to get cheap pork side ribs. Costco used to sell them in the foam tray and plasric wrap but I don't see them anymore.

ExtraSlow
01-13-2021, 07:31 AM
Good call on the thread. Someone needs to comb the flyers for all the asian supermarkets.

ThePenIsMightier
01-13-2021, 07:48 AM
The phone app called Flipp is one of the only useful apps I've seen in history. You can search for "strip loin" and it will show you the results from every flyer so you can see who's got the deals to move the steak.
LoL.

RX_EVOLV
01-13-2021, 09:14 AM
Now today I was at the Costco in Balzac and they had briskets on for $7.69/kg (3.49/lb) which is a great price! Even though I always prefer to cook never frozen, this was too good to say no to so I grabbed a few for the freezer. Most were pretty decent too, though I did pick through and grabbed the nicest ones haha!

You sure it was $7.69/kg ? The past few times I was at Costco they had dropped the price of whole brisket to $6.99/kg. Great price either way. I smoke a whole brisket every couple of months so always on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Anyway, this is a good idea. Following! Sometimes the deals are not advertisement in flyers and are location specific. For example, one time I got pork side ribs for $0.99/lb and whole chicken for $0.79/lb at the Sunridge superstore, but they were priced differently at the other locations.

killramos
01-13-2021, 09:22 AM
How do these deal compare to bulk meat order?

I’m splitting a hog with a buddy, should arrive next week.

RX_EVOLV
01-13-2021, 09:28 AM
How do these deal compare to bulk meat order?

I’m splitting a hog with a buddy, should arrive next week.

Quality aside, I think it's still more expensive. For example, right now Costco sells whole striploin for $17.99/kg. I don't think even bulk order can be that cheap.

tirebob
01-13-2021, 09:34 AM
I will find the bill and confirm but I am certain is was $7 and change...

You sure it was $7.69/kg ? The past few times I was at Costco they had dropped the price of whole brisket to $6.99/kg. Great price either way. I smoke a whole brisket every couple of months so always on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Anyway, this is a good idea. Following! Sometimes the deals are not advertisement in flyers and are location specific. For example, one time I got pork side ribs for $0.99/lb and whole chicken for $0.79/lb at the Sunridge superstore, but they were priced differently at the other locations.

haggis88
01-13-2021, 09:58 AM
The phone app called Flipp is one of the only useful apps I've seen in history. You can search for "strip loin" and it will show you the results from every flyer so you can see who's got the deals to move the steak.
LoL.

This.

Probably the only app in my phone that has the notifications turned on, and I include whatsapp and phone in that too :lol:

tirebob
01-13-2021, 10:17 AM
This.

Probably the only app in my phone that has the notifications turned on, and I include whatsapp and phone in that too :lol:I am well aware... :banghead::)

R-Audi
01-13-2021, 10:28 AM
Guessing I should have posted when the new Save On opened in Trinity hills and Roasts were ~50% off. Butcher chatted with us for a while and said they were well under his cost, encouraged us to load as many in as we could. I think I ended up with 4 of them. The average 2 bone roast was $30 and the biggest I got was a giant 3 Bone for $50.

tirebob
01-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Guessing I should have posted when the new Save On opened in Trinity hills and Roasts were ~50% off. Butcher chatted with us for a while and said they were well under his cost, encouraged us to load as many in as we could. I think I ended up with 4 of them. The average 2 bone roast was $30 and the biggest I got was a giant 3 Bone for $50.

Exactly why I started this thread! :clap:

dj_rice
01-13-2021, 11:15 AM
I been trying to get cheap pork side ribs. Costco used to sell them in the foam tray and plasric wrap but I don't see them anymore.

A few months back, Costco was selling St Louis style ribs on sale. They were doing $15 off each package. Packages were about $25-30 each before discount. Fantastic deal. I got 2 racks in the freezer. People had 3-4 racks in their cart. Would of got more but didn't have a chest freezer yet at that time

ExtraSlow
01-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Costco ribs are pretty good value at even full price. Quite meaty. Beats the shit I get from safeway.

cyra1ax
01-13-2021, 11:22 AM

Seems to be a recurring thing, they had the same deal when they opened both stores in Airdrie and again when they opened the one in the old Crappy Tire on 64th.

ThePenIsMightier
01-13-2021, 11:54 AM
I've noticed AAA Prime Rib going on sale at grocery stores for 50% off right before Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last couple years. I still have a couple in the freezer!

Disoblige
01-13-2021, 11:59 AM
A few months back, Costco was selling St Louis style ribs on sale. They were doing $15 off each package. Packages were about $25-30 each before discount. Fantastic deal. I got 2 racks in the freezer. People had 3-4 racks in their cart. Would of got more but didn't have a chest freezer yet at that time
I think I remember seeing that, but I wanted to get the ones that wasn't vacuum packed and had the generic Costco packed trays.
They were always good value and I miss those. I keep forgetting what is a good price for side ribs.

I know for whole chicken and other parts, anything $2/lb (common) or under (uncommon) is a buy for me.

I usually stock up on ground beef if it's $2.99/lb or less.

tirebob
01-13-2021, 12:09 PM
I think I remember seeing that, but I wanted to get the ones that wasn't vacuum packed and had the generic Costco packed trays.
They were always good value and I miss those. I keep forgetting what is a good price for side ribs.

I know for whole chicken and other parts, anything $2/lb (common) or under (uncommon) is a buy for me.

I usually stock up on ground beef if it's $2.99/lb or less.

Can I ask why specifically on a tray versus vacuum packed? I just care about how the meat is when I buy it and I have never had an issue specifically one way or the other.

TurboMedic
01-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Seems to be a recurring thing, they had the same deal when they opened both stores in Airdrie and again when they opened the one in the old Crappy Tire on 64th.

I think they do it a few times a year

Disoblige
01-13-2021, 01:02 PM
Can I ask why specifically on a tray versus vacuum packed? I just care about how the meat is when I buy it and I have never had an issue specifically one way or the other.
I didn't find the St. Louis ribs that cheap. It was on sale but doesn't mean they were cheap. You pay a premium for those St. Louis ones.

Buster
01-13-2021, 01:23 PM
I've been turning this thread title over in my head all day trying to figure out the optimal innuendo.

tirebob
01-13-2021, 01:27 PM
I've been turning this thread title over in my head all day trying to figure out the optimal innuendo.I was kinda hoping you would...

dj_rice
01-13-2021, 01:42 PM
I didn't find the St. Louis ribs that cheap. It was on sale but doesn't mean they were cheap. You pay a premium for those St. Louis ones.

$10 a package with 2 racks in package is pretty cheap IMO. And I'm frugal as fuck. I collect ketchup packs at fast food places and fill up my 1L bottle and am a couponer

adam c
01-13-2021, 01:45 PM
Recently discovered the flipp app, it's been great so far

Buster
01-13-2021, 01:51 PM
As a general comment, don't forget you can ask the Costco butchers for full cryovacs of anything they put into trays. That's how I get my full full pork shoulders, or entire pork bellies.

Disoblige
01-13-2021, 05:32 PM
$10 a package with 2 racks in package is pretty cheap IMO. And I'm frugal as fuck. I collect ketchup packs at fast food places and fill up my 1L bottle and am a couponer
Haha ya that does sound cheap! I think I may have been confused with a different sale then. I likely would have bought a few if it was only $10.

CarlLester
01-13-2021, 06:32 PM
I will find the bill and confirm but I am certain is was $7 and change...

redflagdeals deals says it's $6.99/kg. Thanks for the heads up!

KRyn
01-13-2021, 08:59 PM

Rocket1k78
01-14-2021, 01:49 PM
https://www.wahhingmeatshop.com/

I get short ribs and wings from here and the ribs are $5lb and wings are $2.00lb.

Brent.ff
01-14-2021, 02:00 PM

I get short ribs and wings from here and the ribs are $5lb and wings are $2.00lb.

god damn thats cheap for wings..

Rocket1k78
01-14-2021, 02:45 PM
god damn thats cheap for wings..

Im pretty sure it wasnt even a full $2.00 lol i think it was 1.89:D but yeah even at 2.00 its dirt cheap. Heads up if anyones buying the ribs, they have them in big frozen slabs so ask to see the slab before they cut it up for you. They got me with a slab that was way too fatty once.

Correction the wings are only $1.79lb
https://www.wahhingmeatshop.com/product-page/chicken-wing-5lb

dj_rice
01-14-2021, 02:47 PM

Chinese company. Gotta ask, if meat is local and legit?

Rocket1k78
01-14-2021, 02:52 PM

At $5.00lb for short rib i doubt its local but i have no idea. I normally get it from T and T and have no idea where thats from either. And do you mean legit as in its good tasty meat or if its not stolen meat lol

Disoblige
01-14-2021, 02:58 PM

I was intrigued by the wings, but then it says $3.19/lb on their website. YOU LIE!!!

killramos
01-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Nothing wrong with some dog ribs mixed in here or there

Strider
01-14-2021, 03:15 PM
I was intrigued by the wings, but then it says $3.19/lb on their website. YOU LIE!!!
Full wings (with tips, not split) are $1.79/lb though, and drumettes are $1.69
I also used to get full wings for $2/lb at Lucky (in plastic bags, not at the meat counter or on trays)... haven't been there for a while to know if they're still the same price though.

Disoblige
01-14-2021, 03:18 PM
Full wings (with tips, not split) are $1.79/lb though, and drumettes are $1.69
I also used to get full wings for $2/lb at Lucky (in plastic bags, not at the meat counter or on trays)... haven't been there for a while to know if they're still the same price though.
It's all about the wingette though. I will be willing to pay $3.19/lb if they were giant sized wings. Those are the BEST :drool:

Brent.ff
01-14-2021, 03:22 PM

I know nothing about import laws.. can they be non-legit to be sold?

ExtraSlow
01-14-2021, 03:25 PM
It'll be either provincially or federally inspected meat if it's sold in a brick and mortar location here. safety of the meat isn't going to be a big issue.

Rocket1k78
01-14-2021, 03:31 PM

Im no baller so i cant afford just wingettes but even at 3.19 thats cheap no?

Disoblige
01-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Im no baller so i cant afford just wingettes but even at 3.19 thats cheap no?
Yeah it is. They go on sale in grocery stores for $3.49 I have seen.

adam c
01-14-2021, 04:28 PM
$15 for 5lbs of brisket.. can't be right

Strider
01-14-2021, 04:50 PM

Why not? It's about the same price /lb for a full AAA packer at Costco (see first post).
Superstore also had random chunks for $3.49/lb last week or the week before.

adam c
01-14-2021, 04:58 PM
Why not? It's about the same price /lb for a full AAA packer at Costco (see first post).
Superstore also had random chunks for $3.49/lb last week or the week before.

Perhaps since I buy it rarely, I think the last time I got it from Sobeys it was ~42 for 5 lbs, some BBQ/Smoke houses sell it brisket for $30-$40/lbs

RX_EVOLV
01-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Briskets at Sobeys and those places are usually around $20/kg. Even superstore would normally carry portion of Augus brisket for $19/kg. So ~$42 for 5lb sounds about right.

Otherwise Costco is as cheap as it gets for ~$7/kg. Once in a blue moon they would actually have Prime grade brisket. Last time I got one was ~$9.50/kg. I'm waiting for that to happen again so I can stock up.

tirebob
01-14-2021, 05:27 PM
Perhaps since I buy it rarely, I think the last time I got it from Sobeys it was ~42 for 5 lbs, some BBQ/Smoke houses sell it brisket for $30-$40/lbsYep it was right... All the briskets were full sized from $45 to $55 bucks or so...

dj_rice
01-14-2021, 06:58 PM

Why not? Horse brisket

adam c
01-14-2021, 09:38 PM
https://www.wahhingmeatshop.com/product-page/beef-brisket-5lb

Grass fed and grass finished beef is pricy in general, price seems off for what you’re getting

Brent.ff
01-14-2021, 10:09 PM
Thats cause its finishedbeef not finished beef

adam c
01-14-2021, 10:47 PM
Right right

CompletelyNumb
01-15-2021, 02:47 AM
Still cheap. I'll order a brisket and report back.

killramos
01-15-2021, 08:26 AM
Thats cause its finishedbeef not finished beef

I’m picturing they just threw some grass on a dead cow :rofl:

RX_EVOLV
01-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Wah Hing is legit. We buy form them all the time. Never bought their brisket but we've bought wings, chicken feet, pig feet, pork belly, pork bone, beef bone, and ox tail from them.

adam c
01-15-2021, 09:56 AM
Still cheap. I'll order a brisket and report back.

I'm interested in your feedback

CompletelyNumb
01-15-2021, 01:47 PM
Quick update for Wah Hing:

Ordered online, only payment method is "pay in store". Got to the store. Line up. Busy place.

Got to the store, learned they don't even track online orders (or they were too busy), they just asked me to reorder at the counter. 5LBs of brisket turned into 8Lbs with a smiling "close enough!" from the lady at the counter. 5Lbs of pork belly became 6LBs, and 5LBs of drumettes became 7LBs.

Close enough!

The brisket is frozen, you're paying by the frozen weight. Pork belly is bone-in (doesn't that make it side ribs or spare ribs? I'm no butcher). Drumettes were large.

Cash, packaging, and raw meat are handled by the same pair of gloves. Don't go here if you're squeamish of that. There was another lady trying to break apart a Clarke Griswold size bundle of frozen pork chops by smashing them on the ground (but she had a sheet of cardboard for food safety).

Photos uploaded for reference: https://imgur.com/a/Nry8Ksw

Brent.ff
01-15-2021, 02:02 PM
How much was your brisket? If its still in the vac pack (and actually Black Angus?) i may be able to get over the chokeslamming of frozen pork chops on the ground at calgary's version of a wet market

ThePenIsMightier
01-15-2021, 02:07 PM

Ordered online, only payment method is "pay in store". Got to the store. Line up. Busy place.

Got to the store, learned they don't even track online orders (or they were too busy), they just asked me to reorder at the counter. 5LBs of brisket turned into 8Lbs with a smiling "close enough!" from the lady at the counter. 5Lbs of pork belly became 6LBs, and 5LBs of drumettes became 7LBs.

Close enough!

The brisket is frozen, you're paying by the frozen weight. Pork belly is bone-in (doesn't that make it side ribs or spare ribs? I'm no butcher). Drumettes were large.

Cash, packaging, and raw meat are handled by the same pair of gloves. Don't go here if you're squeamish of that. There was another lady trying to break apart a Clarke Griswold size bundle of frozen pork chops by smashing them on the ground (but she had a sheet of cardboard for food safety).

Thanks for this.
That's not acceptable, particularly when they have likely upped their food handling game significantly due to this pesky pandemic that's in Month-11. Gross.
And yeah, getting 40% over what you asked for or needed is also a no-go.
Do Not Want

CompletelyNumb
01-15-2021, 02:14 PM
Brisket was around $3/lb. The total order came to $52. They bag it all, weight it, type the price into a very low tech cash register. No discount for cash payment :drama:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this.
That's not acceptable, particularly when they have likely upped their food handling game significantly due to this pesky pandemic that's in Month-11. Gross.
And yeah, getting 40% over what you asked for or needed is also a no-go.
Do Not Want

I probably could have objected and forced them to cut and reweight, but after waiting in line, I wasn't going to squabble over a $10 difference. At least I got the extra meat, vs being in Asia and just paying $10 more for the same amount cause of white tax. :devil:

Food handling game not upped in any sense of the word. Don't go here for steak tartar.

I will be cooking these over the coming weeks and reporting back. Unless I stop posting on beyond completely. Take that as very negative feedback on the quality of this meat.

Disoblige
01-15-2021, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a typical asian butcher shop. Perfect, haha.

adam c
01-15-2021, 02:27 PM

Close enough!

Thought you were taking pictures of the food handling

tirebob
01-15-2021, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a typical asian butcher shop. Perfect, haha.I had a hard enough time getting myself to but meat from Costco let alone a joint like that... Not gonna happen!

JRSC00LUDE
01-15-2021, 02:37 PM
I had a hard enough time getting myself to but meat from Costco let alone a joint like that... Not gonna happen!

Never took you for such a daisy Bob!

ThePenIsMightier
01-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Brisket was around $3/lb. The total order came to $52. They bag it all, weight it, type the price into a very low tech cash register. No discount for cash payment :drama:

- - - Updated - - -

I probably could have objected and forced them to cut and reweight, but after waiting in line, I wasn't going to squabble over a $10 difference. At least I got the extra meat, vs being in Asia and just paying $10 more for the same amount cause of white tax. :devil:

Food handling game not upped in any sense of the word. Don't go here for steak tartar.

I will be cooking these over the coming weeks and reporting back. Unless I stop posting on beyond completely. Take that as very negative feedback on the quality of this meat.

Ha! That's an awesome post!
I meant that they have probably "upped their game" in that pre-CoVid, they were prolly cutting pork on the toilet tanks in the bathrooms and leaving the chicken on the loading dock in the sun. So they certainly have a long way to go, but "you should've seen it before". It's funny. I'm funny. Much funnier when needs explaining.
LoL!

killramos
01-15-2021, 03:09 PM
Yum

tirebob
01-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Never took you for such a daisy Bob!If I don't see it before it's cooked I am rock solid, but the second I see meat rolling around in mouse turds... I'm out!

Disoblige
01-15-2021, 04:25 PM
Back in the day, I saw pre-fried ginger beef just sitting in a box on the floor near the back door entrance.
Then when someone placed an order for ginger beef, the chef takes a serving from the big plastic box on the floor and throws it into the wok to finish cooking it up for the take-out container.

GOOD TIMES... Ok have a good weekend everyone :rofl:

killramos
01-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Back in the day, I saw pre-fried ginger beef just sitting in a box on the floor near the back door entrance.
Then when someone placed an order for ginger beef, the chef takes a serving from the big plastic box on the floor and throws it into the wok to finish cooking it up for the take-out container.

GOOD TIMES... Ok have a good weekend everyone :rofl:

Do most people think their food is more carefully prepared than this?

tirebob
01-15-2021, 05:08 PM
Do most people think their food is more carefully prepared than this?It's why I prefer my own cooking over any restaurant... Too many horror stories!

Disoblige
01-16-2021, 12:18 AM
Anyone buy meat at Basha Foods?
They appear to have a lot of stuff on sale regularly.

Whole striploin $8.87/kg.
Brisket $4.99/lb.

I see their flyer on my FB feeds.

CompletelyNumb
01-16-2021, 01:53 AM
I took the last bullet, your turn :love:

ExtraSlow
01-16-2021, 09:54 AM
Bought some insanely cheap beef ribs from basha a couple years ago. Actually that might be in the BBQ thread cheap because there was no meat or fat on em. musta been some sick old cows. Basically just soup bones.

EDIT: Yeah, was 2018, and beef ribs were $1.99/lb, and results were not inspiring.
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/330999-The-BBQ-and-Smoking-Thread?p=4762201&highlight=basha#post4762201

sometimes you get what you pay for.

Rocket1k78
01-16-2021, 12:22 PM

Close enough!

I totally forgot to mention they oversell like a mofo:facepalm: In the summer i bought a a bunch for me and my mom and i dont recall how much extra exactly but they definitely upped it on every item. If i was paying regular price then yeah that aint happening but thats for me its too cheap to be complaining. I also but extra to vacuum seal and freeze so not a biggie if i have some extra. Dont be going here or any chinese meat shop for that matter if you're squeamish about food handling.

Do most people think their food is more carefully prepared than this?
:werd:

RX_EVOLV
01-16-2021, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised they wore gloves at all lol

Rocket1k78
01-16-2021, 03:54 PM
^^^No doubt lol As disgusting as this is its always been bare hand at the place i went to before.

RX_EVOLV
02-04-2021, 03:03 PM
Bump.

Save On has back ribs on sale for $1.99/lb. Works out to ~$2.5 per rack. Cheap!

cdnsir
02-04-2021, 04:26 PM
^^Nice! It's gonna be a full on pork week...

Costco has pork shoulder roasts for $5.99/kg with $6 off per pack. Works out to like $12 for a 6lb pack. Awesome cut, fatty enough that you can't mess it up no matter how you prepare it.

Buster
02-04-2021, 04:37 PM

Costco has pork shoulder roasts for $5.99/kg with $6 off per pack. Works out to like $12 for a 6lb pack. Awesome cut, fatty enough that you can't mess it up no matter how you prepare it.

ooooh, nice! I'm running low on pulled pork.

Disoblige
02-04-2021, 06:25 PM
Bump.

Thanks. Got a few. They are previously frozen but still a great deal. Already separated too which is convenient.

tirebob
02-04-2021, 06:26 PM

Costco has pork shoulder roasts for $5.99/kg with $6 off per pack. Works out to like $12 for a 6lb pack. Awesome cut, fatty enough that you can't mess it up no matter how you prepare it.Doing a Costco run tomorrow and will be looking at this for sure!

sabad66
02-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Sweet thx for the heads up, wife is going to Costco today and could use some pork shoulder. Will tell her to get some

RX_EVOLV
02-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Yeah I picked up the pork shoulder a few days ago and made Pernil Asado last night for taco. So good and so cheap. The pack ended up being $11

Buster
02-04-2021, 06:52 PM
Yeah I picked up the pork shoulder a few days ago and made Pernil Asado last night for taco. So good and so cheap. The pack ended up being $11

I am now inspired.

Brent.ff
02-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Pulled pork tomorrow! Pack was $12! Shoulda bought a few as it’s such a solid meal for like 3-4 days

tirebob
02-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Success! Grabbed a couple packs... Nice looking chunks of pork for the cost too!

Brent.ff
02-06-2021, 01:18 PM

Sous vide for 8 hours at 167, then Traeger for an hour with sauce. Traeger really didn’t want to get going in the weather

ExtraSlow
02-06-2021, 01:37 PM
Picked up the Ethiopian pork ribs from save-on. Look awfully skinny, but for $1.99/lb I'll gamble.

Saw this at save-on 52nd street too, but didn't purchase.

Buster
02-06-2021, 01:37 PM
Success! Grabbed a couple packs... Nice looking chunks of pork for the cost too!

Did you go to the butcher and ask for a whole cryovac?

Kjonus
02-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Saw this at save-on 52nd street too, but didn't purchase.
97326[/QUOTE]

Co-Op at Creekside is selling for the same price as well. Would assume it's that price at Co-op across the city.

cdnsir
02-06-2021, 03:43 PM
Think Superstore price matched the ribs. American ribs too, in all its fatass goodness.

Bit hog wild in the fridge right now. Didn’t know you can get the straight cryovac from Costco, those keep much longer in the fridge. :facepalm:

killramos
02-06-2021, 03:50 PM
Is Ethiopian pork ribs a joke?

Disoblige
02-06-2021, 04:11 PM
Damn I love superbowl weekend.
Basically that is when you stock up 6 months worth of ribs and freeze em.

ExtraSlow
02-06-2021, 04:16 PM
Is Ethiopian pork ribs a joke?

A very tasteless joke. Back in the 80's there was a famine in Ethiopia. Your parents might remember it.

These pork robs were marked "Product of Germany"

killramos
02-06-2021, 04:32 PM
A very tasteless joke. Back in the 80's there was a famine in Ethiopia. Your parents might remember it.

I was just curious not offended. I was trying to understand in what universe we would import pork products from Ethiopia lol.

Disoblige
02-06-2021, 04:32 PM
I am slow baking them in the oven right now for 6 hours. Will see tonight if they're any good. I mean 2 racks for $4.50? Damn...

ExtraSlow
02-06-2021, 04:34 PM
Good snack anyway. Worth the five bucks.

cdnsir
02-06-2021, 04:45 PM
I have no acknowledgment of where the Superstore ribs are sourced. By American, I am therefore implying the pork ribs are indeed fat.

dj_rice
02-06-2021, 08:05 PM
Bump.

Went after work yesterday but they were all sold out. Butcher told me to go to Customer Service and get a rain check. Went to CS and they were saying no rain checks on the ribs sale. They had flyers with no rain checks on all the tills displayed. CS gave me a rain check anyway lol. Anyone got pics of these ribs? Or am I better off price-matching at Superstore

spikerS
02-06-2021, 08:13 PM
OK, help me out a bit here guys. I have seen some of the end results here, and I want to try it.

What ribs should I buy, and what is the best way to cook them without a smoker? I have done them on a smoker before, but that's it.

What ribs are you all buying to cook in your kitchen, and how?

ThePenIsMightier
02-06-2021, 08:15 PM
Went after work yesterday but they were all sold out. Butcher told me to go to Customer Service and get a rain check. Went to CS and they were saying no rain checks on the ribs sale. They had flyers with no rain checks on all the tills displayed. CS gave me a rain check anyway lol. Anyone got pics of these ribs? Or am I better off price-matching at Superstore

My opinion is SoF Meat > SupStore Meat.

schocker
02-06-2021, 11:16 PM
I need to make this. The only recipe I have been using for pork shoulder is just carnitas in my pressure cooker.
Checked beacon hill and they had only monster like $28 which I didn't have room for to store.

Costco does have picaha now so I picked up some of the steaks but they don't have as much fat on them like the entire cap would.