PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Summer Camps! Predictions and strategies in a time of covid.

ExtraSlow
01-14-2021, 03:36 PM
Mods, move to Parenting or Covid subforums as you see fit.

So looks like registration for 2021 summer camps is opening up, right on schedule. Parents, what's your opinion of sending the spawn to day camps, overnight camps, or other summer activities?

I think I still have significant credits from some camps that were cancelled last year, so I guess no risk signing up for those. Will need to dig into the cancellation/refund policies for any others. I don't anticipate that me or my kids will be vaccinated before autumn, so that's no help in terms of risk reduction.

If any kind of lockdown situation persists into summer, I will be trying hard to be living my my trailer somewhere. so wouldn't need childcare? But surely that'll be in the rearview mirror by then, right? Fack.

Pauly Boy
01-14-2021, 05:07 PM
Boy will play baseball again, that got delayed at first, but actually ran all summer.

Not sure about anything else aside from getting him back into swimming so he A) doesn't drown in a lake somewhere & B) can eventually get a nice cushy job as lifeguard like I did at 16.