PDA

View Full Version : BMW E90 Radiator Drain Plug Needed ASAP

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-16-2021, 03:31 PM
Little bit of an emergency, some previous moron has damaged my outer and inner radiator drain plug on my 335d. I can’t put the car back together without a new one and Diwalri in their infinite wisdom no longer opens either dealers parts department on a Saturday. Does anyone have one anywhere near Calgary I can buy? It’s an oem only part :(

Darell_n
01-16-2021, 03:50 PM
Little bit of an emergency, some previous moron has damaged my outer and inner radiator drain plug on my 335d. I can’t put the car back together without a new one and Diwalri in their infinite wisdom no longer opens either dealers parts department on a Saturday. Does anyone have one anywhere near Calgary I can buy? It’s an oem only part :(

What’s damaged on it? Leaking or stripped head? Sound like some farmer engineering is needed.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-16-2021, 03:51 PM
What’s damaged on it? Leaking or stripped head? Sound like some farmer engineering is needed.

Someone previous has stripped the inner drain and also broken the tabs off the outer plug so it won’t twist and lock into the rad. I’m surprised it sealed before I got to it.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-16-2021, 03:58 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Ssc1gZTq/819-E1-A25-F340-46-C3-AF79-C3184-C90-DC41.jpg

The two locking tabs on this were previously broken or partially broken so it will not lock into the bottom of the rad to seal now.

adidas
01-16-2021, 09:31 PM
Best bet would be to check car-part.com and see if any of the auto wreckers will have your car/engine. Most should be open tomorrow too, so that at least is in your favour.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2021, 12:10 AM
I ended up bumming one off a brand new rad a friend had but hadn’t installed yet. Up and running now.