PDA

View Full Version : Ali Express...Safe / Secure ??

Nufy
02-08-2021, 12:44 PM
I bought an air fryer this past weekend on auction and its missing a few accessories.

I can find them on Ali Express at a reasonable price however the shipping is a bit longer that I would have thought.

To be expected I guess as it comes from overseas.

Anyone order from them regularly ?

Any issues with security. CC fraud etc...

Thanks.

RX_EVOLV
02-08-2021, 12:50 PM
We order from them quite regularly and no issues at all in terms of security, etc. Often it's just exactly what people are trying to resell on Amazon, so if you are okay with the wait time the savings are very significant.

That said, the shipping time is a crap shoot at best. We have had anything that took anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to 6 months to never. Make sure you at least pay for ePacket or Aliexpress Standard shipping, otherwise it will literately take months to arrive.

The_Penguin
02-08-2021, 12:57 PM
I've had no issues with Aliexpress, other than shipping varies from slow to excruciatingly slow.

SJW
02-08-2021, 12:58 PM
aliexpress is legit. I've done a few orders.

Sentry
02-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Used aliexpress a lot from 2013 to 2017 and it was great, then the CBSA started holding up packages causing huge delays. Delivery times went from 3 weeks to 3 months. I don't know if it's gotten better.

SJW
02-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Used aliexpress a lot from 2013 to 2017 and it was great, then the CBSA started holding up packages causing huge delays. Delivery times went from 3 weeks to 3 months. I don't know if it's gotten better.

It has.

Thaco
02-08-2021, 01:20 PM
i used to buy a lot on aliexpress, but lately i have found that amazon prices arent significantly more, I'll pay the 10% premium to get it tomorrow instead of 2 months from now.

C4S
02-08-2021, 01:25 PM
They are legit, and their return/refund policy is good, however, their waiting time could be long ... it is better lately, probably still a month+ waiting time, last year, couple orders of mine took ~ 3 month!

So, depends if you are in rush or not, if the price difference is small, within $50 or so, may well buy from Amazon.

pheoxs
02-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Never buy anything free / regular shipping from aliexpress. Always epacket or something faster like dhl/fedex or whatever (though youll pay higher brokerage fees).

Regular/free shipping = you'll get it in 3-6 months. epacket (pre-covid) was 2-3 weeks. Not sure what it is now tho.

D'z Nutz
02-08-2021, 01:59 PM
i used to buy a lot on aliexpress, but lately i have found that amazon prices arent significantly more, I'll pay the 10% premium to get it tomorrow instead of 2 months from now.

This has been my experience too. I used to by stuff from Aliexpress that I could wait a month or two for like phone cases, screen protectors, car parts, etc cause it was so cheap. Prices have risen so much that they're almost the same price as Amazon so there's no point anymore, plus you get them within a couple days.

Rocket1k78
02-08-2021, 02:20 PM
Definitely legit, wife orders a bunch of shit from there. I still remember my first order, it was a phone case and with shipping it was something like $1.00. I was so sure it was a scam lol

sneek
02-08-2021, 02:36 PM
This has been my experience too. I used to by stuff from Aliexpress that I could wait a month or two for like phone cases, screen protectors, car parts, etc cause it was so cheap. Prices have risen so much that they're almost the same price as Amazon so there's no point anymore, plus you get them within a couple days.

Pretty much my experience as well. I still order screen protectors from there though. I order the first one from Amazon for Prime and then the subsequent ones are all from Ali.

Nufy
02-08-2021, 02:48 PM
One thing I can't find on Amazon Canada. The other item is triple the cost compared to A-E.

Ill try the US version next.

Txs for the info so far..

phreezee
02-08-2021, 03:45 PM
My largest purchases have been about $1300 USD and I've had no problems receiving the items other than the wait time. Never did a return though.

dj_rice
02-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Legit, but I buy random stuff from there I can't get from Amazon when its pricy

Like Instapot lid seals, or ice cube trays or moon cake mould.

My biggest purchase was my OP7 China version, paid like $900 when it was first released, and it came legit, packaged well, and flashed for North America version, no issues. Been rocking it since but I wouldnt do it again cause luckily I had no issues but if I did, warranty would of been 0 since not purchased through authorized sellers of OP.

mr2mike
02-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Legit.
Safe.
Do you sometimes get hacky versions of what you ordered? Yes.
Balloons or craft stuff is super cheap.
I wouldn't be buying wheel spacers or lug nuts from this site.