PDA

View Full Version : Salted Egg Fish Skins/Salted Egg Trend

dj_rice
02-14-2021, 03:35 PM
Anyone else love this shit? Its like Asian crack. And so god damn expensive for a little bag. Its just fish skin. Why so $$$$

A little 100G bag is usually $8.99-12.99 depending on what brand you get. Irvin's is the pricest. Then Golden Duck.

The new craze is salted egg everything. Even salted egg potato chips are bomb

jwslam
02-14-2021, 04:05 PM

JordanEG6
02-14-2021, 04:52 PM
Anyone else love this shit? Its like Asian crack. And so god damn expensive for a little bag. Its just fish skin. Why so $$$$

A little 100G bag is usually $8.99-12.99 depending on what brand you get. Irvin's is the pricest. Then Golden Duck.

The new craze is salted egg everything. Even salted egg potato chips are bomb

Not a fan of the fish skin, but I love the potato chips. They are so damn good. I think they are a bit cheaper at T&T and Walmart. Correct me if I'm wrong.

C4S
02-14-2021, 04:53 PM
They are yummy, very strong taste, first time trying them may be ~5 yr ago when it was popular, I love their chips, but not the fish skin. (My wife likes them��) Don't know they are selling here too!

Disoblige
02-14-2021, 05:11 PM
Totally agreed on the fish vs. chips.
Thought I was the only one.

A lot of brands I tried with the fish had this stale oil taste that ruined it for me.

On a side note, just using salted egg yolk onto your hot deep fried dishes makes a nice treat, just so bad for you. Try it on deep fried tofu, fresh fried battered fish, shrimp, etc.

Buster
02-14-2021, 05:14 PM
just saw a thread on RFD on this. They sound good, but I'm afraid they might be of the category of Chinese things that Chinese people like, but whiteys find gross.

Disoblige
02-14-2021, 05:19 PM
just saw a thread on RFD on this. They sound good, but I'm afraid they might be of the category of Chinese things that Chinese people like, but whiteys find gross.
Try potato chips, it is gringo friendly.

taemo
02-14-2021, 05:45 PM
they are good and addicting, good thing my wife and I are on a diet so we dont buy junk food anymore.

I used to make some easily with butter, curry leaves and salted egg yolks, for chips I was reusing the light-salted Lays chips.
you can put some sugar too as some of the ones you can buy I can taste some sweet.

topmade
02-14-2021, 06:49 PM
Exactly lol. I brought a bag to the office and the asians love it but Whiteys didn’t. T&t sells it as well as some other small Asian stores

dj_rice
02-14-2021, 07:20 PM

I'm not Chinese and I love it...... but I Vietnamese tho. Brought a snack I got from T n T of course. Bag consisted of these little fried sardines (or really tiny fishes with head and eyeballs and all) that had a sweet/salty seasoning on them, fried peanuts and chili peppers. Whiteys did not appreciate. I said more for me :)

Guess I won't be bringing in dried squid snacks I received from Taiwan

Now I got a hankering for salted egg yolk fried prawns

Disoblige
02-14-2021, 09:53 PM
I'm not Chinese and I love it...... but I Vietnamese tho.
:facepalm:

God damn man... lol