PDA

View Full Version : Flash food app

nzwasp
02-23-2021, 07:24 PM
Has anyone used this Flashfood app yet?

We picked up some half price meat on the weekend and we tried to buy a flat of mangoes for 5$ last night however the app and the store had a discrepancy and the store basically told us tough luck despite buying the item on the app. So now we are stuck trying to get a refund but we don’t have a receipt because we never received the item despite paying for it online.

dj_rice
02-24-2021, 07:18 AM
I use it regularily to purchase $5 boxes of mixed fruit and occasional whatever is cheap. Never had any issues with what your experiencing though which is odd, I thought when you pick up your item, your local location opens their app and marks it picked up. Even on your end, the app should still show you have a pick up pending section. Sounds like you need to talk to the store manager vs whoever is doing the Flashfood handling and not co-operating

nzwasp
02-24-2021, 07:54 AM
I use it regularily to purchase $5 boxes of mixed fruit and occasional whatever is cheap. Never had any issues with what your experiencing though which is odd, I thought when you pick up your item, your local location opens their app and marks it picked up. Even on your end, the app should still show you have a pick up pending section. Sounds like you need to talk to the store manager vs whoever is doing the Flashfood handling and not co-operating

I got refunded but I find the stores do not care at all about if you have issues however they are the ones listing fruit or meat or whatever on the app.

ThePenIsMightier
02-24-2021, 08:09 AM
It must be different for him because he's in Edmonton living in an igloo and he has to trade fur for discounted freeze-dried provisions using this app.

ExtraSlow
02-24-2021, 08:19 AM
So. Is this mostly perishables like fruit and veg?

jwslam
02-24-2021, 09:54 AM
Found that stores are very different

Sage Hill City Market - Nobody touches the food in the fridge except staff
Coventry Superstore - speak to Customer Service; you are supervised in your food search while they stand behind the counter.
Edgemont/Hamptons Superstore - Help yourself to the free-for-all fridge that's nowhere near the Customer Service counter. Grab your food amongst the 5 other people trying to do so at the same time. Get in the 15 person lineup to speak to the one guy at the CS counter to verify.

nzwasp
02-24-2021, 10:17 AM

Yes fruit veg meat.

For instance I got a slab of ribs for 50% off. I was immediately freezing them anyway so the expiry date a few days away didnt matter to me.

dj_rice
02-24-2021, 11:44 AM

Its mainly anything short dated so instead of throwing it out, give a discount and someone can feed their family. I've seen all sorts of items, fruit/veg, loafs of bread, baguettes, deli meats, yogurts, chocolate bars, donuts. Etc.

But as said above, each location has their own process. I have 2 local ones I go to and 1, you go to CS and show the rep what your picking up, she watches you grab it and marks it picked up. The other location, has a dedicated person actually grabbing the stuff and hands it to you.