PDA

View Full Version : Elliptical Machine Suggestions?

Pacman
03-09-2021, 12:21 PM
Looks like my 14 year old, Life Fitness X3 that we have used almost daily is having some issues with the resistance not changing. I've emailed a few repair guys and they are suggesting the cost of a new circuit board plus labor is going to be cost prohibitive.

So, I'm on the hunt for a good, solid elliptical machine. I don't think we need many fancy electronic gadgets/features as we just listen to music through our phones or watch tv. Main things are decent quality and some type of resistance.

Can anyone suggest and good brands/models that might fit the criteria? I see price ranges from 1k to 8k. My preference is spend spend less than 2k if possible.

thanks
pac

shakalaka
03-10-2021, 02:08 AM
Bowflex M6 or something along the lines.

nissanK
03-10-2021, 09:14 AM
My wife and I have an Octane Fitness unit that's been rock solid for 10+ years.

It's the Q series close to this one: https://www.octanefitness.com/home/products/standing-ellipticals/q35/

GT.....O?
03-10-2021, 09:26 AM

This,

I do quite a bit of hiking and backcountry skiing, elliptical machines dont do much for me but 3-4 mins in on the Bowflex M5 and im dripping. I never really bought into the whole "15 min workout" thing, but a co-worker convinced me to try it and i was sold. Ill still do 30-45 mins on there, the low impact is still great for the knees but the stair stepper motion actually makes you work quite a bit

We picked up a barely used M5 for 1400 bucks. Lots of good deals out there if you keep an eye out.

Proyecto2000
03-10-2021, 10:47 AM

I got an M8 and its awesome! Flaman has them on sale for $450 off