PDA

View Full Version : Cancel culture.

ZenOps
03-10-2021, 05:21 AM
Dr. Seuss, Road Runner and Pepe le Pew all on the chopping block.

dj_rice
03-10-2021, 07:23 AM
Cancel Piers Morgan.

ExtraSlow
03-10-2021, 07:39 AM
Cancel Piers Morgan.

is Piers Morgan the same human as Stephen Fry? I think probably yes.

2Legit2Quit
03-10-2021, 08:13 AM
Burger Kings attempt at humour on twitter the other day wasn't well received for their international womans day post, cancel BK!

Link - http://globalnews.ca/news/7683800/burger-king-womens-day-kitchen-tweet/

ZenOps
03-10-2021, 08:41 AM
aUmYGLIubho Wish there was a higher quality clip.

vengie
03-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Grand Theft Auto - Still okay.

Tik-Tok
03-10-2021, 09:05 AM
Burger Kings attempt at humour on twitter the other day wasn't well received for their international womans day post, cancel BK!

Link - http://globalnews.ca/news/7683800/burger-king-womens-day-kitchen-tweet/

I'm more offended by Burger King using the words chef, and culinary. Those are two things that should never be associated with fast food.

Sentry
03-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Okay I heard about the other two, why road runner?

Tik-Tok
03-10-2021, 09:25 AM

In bird culture, that is considered offensive.

lilmira
03-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Coyote is sad and has suicidal thoughts due to the unfair treatment.

ZenOps
03-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Drag racing culture? But my guess would be road rage. The coyote had plenty of food, was he just chasing down the road runner with a pile of TNT for being cut off in traffic? Looking at it, its seriously Jihadist level when you start burying bombs in the street.

Hallowed_point
03-10-2021, 09:34 AM
WAP is fine as well.

JRSC00LUDE
03-10-2021, 09:35 AM
You idiots, don't you know that cancel culture doesn't exist? It is a construct that exists only in the minds of bigots, homophobes, sexists and conservatives.

Xtrema
03-10-2021, 09:35 AM

OSHA violation?

ThePenIsMightier
03-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Dr. Suess may literally be the biggest champion of early childhood literacy, ever. The theories of his stories having some sort of fascist parallels are as valid an academic endeavor as Jehova Theology. Censorship and removal of his material is burning books. How many times has burning books turned out well?

Road Runner is as funny today as it was 70 years ago. I haven't even heard of why some ham-wallet would take issue with it and nothing would please me more than to never find out why.

Pepé Le Pew was a monster and he was portrayed... As a monster. People are literally more afraid of skunks than grizzly bears. People are literally. More. Afraid of. Skunks than bears. It's not like he was some stud role model who was a womanizer (oops, just cancelled James Bond). The EllenPage (*pronounced outrage) is as sensible as women getting upset that there are no female minions in the Despicable Me movies. Yeah, let's argue that there's unequal female representation for characters that are, by definition, incompetent and useless...

sabad66
03-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Colin Kaepernick approves of this thread

Sentry
03-10-2021, 10:31 AM
Don't forget Elmer fudd's gun is being erased from existence.

cet
03-10-2021, 11:08 AM
Speedy Gonzales is taking some heat too. It's like they are trying to white wash the world. I thought we were trying to be more inclusive, not less.

Tik-Tok
03-10-2021, 11:52 AM
SIt's like they are trying to white wash the world. I thought we were trying to be more inclusive, not less.

White washing sounds racist, I'm offended. If you haven't realized by now, the path to ridding the world of racism, is by becoming more racist. At least that's the path we're on, I'm doubtful of the results.

dirtsniffer
03-10-2021, 11:53 AM
...the path to ridding the world of racism, is by becoming more racist. At least that's the path we're on, I'm doubtful of the results.

That's racist.

davidI
03-10-2021, 12:38 PM

JRSC00LUDE
03-10-2021, 01:05 PM
White washing sounds racist, I'm offended. If you haven't realized by now, the path to ridding the world of racism, is by becoming more racist. At least that's the path we're on, I'm doubtful of the results.

It isn't possible to be racist toward white people so if you'd stop being racist—or preferably stop being white—racism would cease to exist.

Tik-Tok
03-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Don't worry, Illinois is hoping to protect his son.

Pauly Boy
03-10-2021, 04:20 PM
My parents saved all my childhood books, so I have a couple of the Seuss ones. I remember reading the part with the Chinese dudes and being like, whelp that wouldn't fly today, AND MOVED ON WITH MY LIFE. I have a ton that are inappropriate by todays standards - It's like watching old TV shows & movies - You have to view them as a product of their time.

The thing Disney did with movies like Peter Pan, Dumbo & others is how you proceed. Don't remove or censor the content - Add the disclaimer so parents can have a discussion about it so we all learn something. My 10 year old son's actual words watching Peter Pan were "wow...I don't think they can draw stuff like that now dad", so the schools or our parenting must be working on some level at least.

PS: What Makes The Red Man Red is a banger and I don't care what anyone says.

ExtraSlow
03-10-2021, 04:21 PM
Are we mad that Disney doesn't have "song of the south" out anymore?

rage2
03-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Are we mad that Disney doesn't have "song of the south" out anymore?
Splash mountain is my favorite ride.

duaner
03-10-2021, 04:28 PM
It isn't possible to be racist toward white people so if you'd stop being racist—or preferably stop being white—racism would cease to exist.

So, all us whities just need to follow our PMs blackface example and racism would cease to exist. Good to know! Would I still be white on the inside? How to deal with that...?

ThePenIsMightier
03-10-2021, 04:42 PM
Splash mountain is my favorite ride.

They have modified the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride a fair bit because I guess pirates never actually did chase whores around in a circle at a whore-house and it was wrong for any of us to think they did. They also deleted that awesome lady saying "Carlos, don't be cheeeken" because it was wrong for us to assume robots have accents. The have also awkwardly just turned the light out over that guy slowly plucking the banjo on his step, because... Reasons?

killramos
03-10-2021, 05:10 PM
They have modified the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride a fair bit because I guess pirates never actually did chase whores around in a circle at a whore-house and it was wrong for any of us to think they did. They also deleted that awesome lady saying "Carlos, don't be cheeeken" because it was wrong for us to assume robots have accents. The have also awkwardly just turned the light out over that guy slowly plucking the banjo on his step, because... Reasons?

It’s going to be so inconvenient for them to change that whole ride again now that Johnny Depp is cancelled.

Xtrema
03-10-2021, 05:40 PM
It’s going to be so inconvenient for them to change that whole ride again now that Johnny Depp is cancelled.

Does cancelling of Amber Heard un-cancels Depp?

Tik-Tok
03-10-2021, 05:42 PM

They cancelled eachother out.

killramos
03-10-2021, 06:14 PM

To my knowledge, no.

ThePenIsMightier
03-10-2021, 06:19 PM
You know the ride was there decades before the Depp movies?
He has been added in an extremely minor way and could easily be deleted. Although all the BS against him is gibberish, anyways...

killramos
03-10-2021, 06:25 PM
Fully aware. Was mostly a joke.

Pauly Boy
03-10-2021, 07:16 PM
They have modified the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride a fair bit

Pirates of the Pancreas is much better anyways. Real rapey.

schurchill39
03-11-2021, 01:06 AM
First Mr. Potato head now Johnny Depp?! Why is captain Jack Sparrow being canceled?

https://youtu.be/R1iywHNAt54

sabad66
04-06-2021, 11:30 AM
So now conservatives are trying to cancel/boycott corporations for speaking out about new voting laws. As usual and across the spectrum, free speech/voicing opinions is only allowed if you agree with it!

Xtrema
04-06-2021, 11:35 AM
So now conservatives are trying to cancel/boycott corporations for speaking out about new voting laws. As usual and across the spectrum, free speech/voicing opinions is only allowed if you agree with it!

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

And cancel culture and Karenism has been around for a long time.
See:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3151809/

As someone has said, they just have a higher soap box to stand on.

davidI
04-07-2021, 01:41 AM
I'm surprised James Bond hasn't been cancelled yet.

Can't say he really advocated for consent...

killramos
04-07-2021, 07:52 AM

Don’t give the wokies ideas

dirtsniffer
04-07-2021, 08:16 AM
I was laughing with some dad friends on the weekend about some water shoe called 'natives' and why they hadn't been cancelled. We agreed it was due to the white mom groups of the internet like them.

Xtrema
04-07-2021, 09:16 AM

No Karen is gonna disrupt Daniel Craig doing anything.

Tik-Tok
04-07-2021, 09:21 AM

The new James Bond will be super woke and ask permission from apartment owners before smashing through their windows chasing baddies.

killramos
04-07-2021, 09:21 AM

More likely we will get a female bond. Actually, isn’t that basically the crux of the next one?

dromz
04-07-2021, 09:31 AM
Maybe one better, a female lesbo person of colour.

killramos
04-07-2021, 09:35 AM
He’s even with the same girl 2 movies in a row in this one

Tik-Tok
04-07-2021, 09:37 AM
Maybe one better, a female lesbo person of colour.

Can't we just keep using Daniel Craig, except now he identifies as a black lesbian?

davidI
04-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Haha, appreciate all the 007 comments. I was thinking more of the old Connery / Roger Moore / Timothy Dalton movies when I commented where Bond basically forced himself on women until they relented and gave in to his forceful advances.

(I love all the movies, but every time I watch them I'm amazed that Dr. Seuss and Friends face backlash but the Karens haven't raised hell over Pussy Galore yet).

duaner
05-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Looks like Snow White's prince could be getting in trouble:

"The new ride includes a more comprehensive storyline — but that's also the problem. The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her "true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment. A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening.

Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established if both parties are willing to engage, is not OK? It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problematic scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place in the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"

https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/article/2021-04-snow-whites-enchanted-wish-changes-witch-16144353.php

killramos
05-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Was wondering what kind of morons would be making an issue out of this.

Then saw the link was SFGate

rage2
05-06-2021, 04:15 PM
Looks like Snow White's prince could be getting in trouble:

"The new ride includes a more comprehensive storyline — but that's also the problem. The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her "true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment. A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening.

Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established if both parties are willing to engage, is not OK? It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problematic scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place in the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"

https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/article/2021-04-snow-whites-enchanted-wish-changes-witch-16144353.php
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/409143-Rap-music-No-problem!-Old-winter-holiday-song-Get-that-filth-outta-here!?p=4765978#post4765978

Almost there! :rofl:

duaner
05-06-2021, 04:17 PM
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/409143-Rap-music-No-problem!-Old-winter-holiday-song-Get-that-filth-outta-here!?p=4765978#post4765978

Almost there! :rofl:

Nice! :rofl: