PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Rockband

danno
03-27-2021, 03:08 PM
I’m looking for the drums specifically for the Xbox, any other rockband games would be nice but not required.

I will also buy for PlayStation as I have that as well but I don’t have the game so I’d need the whole setup.

Thanks

TurboMedic
03-27-2021, 06:27 PM
I’m looking for the drums specifically for the Xbox, any other rockband games would be nice but not required.

I will also buy for PlayStation as I have that as well but I don’t have the game so I’d need the whole setup.

Thanks

I have the setup for PS3...not sure if thats what you're looking for?

danno
03-27-2021, 06:36 PM
I’d buy as it will work with the PS4, not sure it will work with a ps5. Pm what’d you like for it.

hurrdurr
03-29-2021, 10:07 AM
Sorry to thread jack - I'm also looking for Rockband/Guitar Hero Guitar and game from Xbox(whatever is backward compatible with xbox one). If he only needs the drums - I would take guitar. lol

danno
03-29-2021, 12:18 PM
I have now found some drums, just looking for more games now. I have rock band, and Beatles Rock band. Interested in all others.

rage2
03-29-2021, 02:21 PM
Only thing I want to add, if you haven’t already, invest in the PS side of things. Xbox’s much stricter hardware requirements makes it next to impossible to track down gear now that it’s no longer made. PS is much more liberal, I can literally buy an adapter and midi drums and hook it up, which is way better than the old pro drum kits specifically for rock band.

I’ve spent over 1k on DLC on Xbox where it’s probably cheaper to get pro drums and an adapter on PS and rebuy all the DLC than to try to find a good working and reliable drum kit on the Xbox. I’m sad that my pro drum kit controller died last year. A replacement controller, just the controller, is over 1k usd lol. And that won’t work on the Xbox one, to make it compatible I need the wired legacy adapter which is impossible to find, and when it pops up, another 800 usd. It’s mad.

danno
03-29-2021, 05:38 PM
I got super lucky and got the ion drum kit for super cheap, popped up on kijiji and I was there in a hour. I had some dlc for Xbox but I havnt connected it to live yet. I still have 2 360’s so I’m setup for Xbox. I’ve learned as I get older to stop selling things I love to do. Bought and sold a few things along the way

rage2
03-29-2021, 06:33 PM
I got super lucky and got the ion drum kit for super cheap, popped up on kijiji and I was there in a hour. I had some dlc for Xbox but I havnt connected it to live yet. I still have 2 360’s so I’m setup for Xbox. I’ve learned as I get older to stop selling things I love to do. Bought and sold a few things along the way
Yea that controller itself is worth a pretty penny! That's what broke on mine.

eblend
03-30-2021, 01:06 PM
I have a drum set at home pretty sure, free for anyone who wants it.

danno
03-30-2021, 07:46 PM
So I now see what rage is talking about, grabbed ax dc track pack for 360. Also I picked up rock band 4, for Xbox one and the drum kit doesn’t work. Need that $800 legacy adapter. I thought he was talking about the control box for the ion drums.

I’ll try and find some more info on the adapter and if I can get the techs at work to make one. If anyone has info on it let me know

Thanks eblend I’m good with my drums.

rage2
03-30-2021, 10:30 PM
You won’t be able to. Xbox accessories are all licensed and chip protected/encrypted. PS4 and PS5 is easy. Get this guy:

http://rolllimitless.com/roll-limitless/

And a $300 midi drum kit and you have pro drums.

They make a Xbox version but it requires a whole bunch of stuff. It’s here:

http://rolllimitless.com/roll-limitless-with-xbox-upgrade-kit/

Requires 3 things:

Requires a Xbox One Controller and micro usb cable to use (Not Included)

Xbox conversion requires Xbox 360 RB2 Wireless Stock Kit XBDMS2 (Not Included) (NOT XBDMS2-A)

Playing on Xbox one requires a Madcatz Wireless Legacy Adapter (Not Included)
Controller is easy. XBDMS2 is $$$$. Wireless legacy adapter, I have 2 of them haha.

Like I said, much cheaper to start from scratch on ps4.

PDP has the sole exclusive license for rock band accessories (purchased from mad catz) and they’re never making them again.

danno
03-31-2021, 06:37 AM
It might be better for me to buy rock band 2-3 and ditch rock band 4, the drums are working perfectly. Thanks for the help.

rage2
03-31-2021, 07:29 PM
Probably not a bad idea. Just need to maintain old hardware. RB3 was the peak for me, RB4 added too many elements such as freestyle that detracts from the simple follow the notes fun of the originals. That and the note charting in guitar got really weird for a lot of songs.

rage2
12-09-2021, 12:08 AM
Bump.

Well my kids getting into this again. If anyone has old guitar hero Xbox 360 wireless controllers they want to part with, let me know. Looking specifically for guitar hero gear and not rock band gear. The Les Paul style of guitars.

Thanks.

cyra1ax
12-09-2021, 08:56 AM
I might have a GH drum set...

cycosis
12-09-2021, 09:16 AM
Bump.

Well my kids getting into this again. If anyone has old guitar hero Xbox 360 wireless controllers they want to part with, let me know. Looking specifically for guitar hero gear and not rock band gear. The Les Paul style of guitars.

Thanks.

I have two guitars kicking around (one of them the les paul style) but I remember the buttons not responding super well. Is there an easy fix? Youre welcome to have them if you want.

rage2
12-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Thanks man. I successfully fixed the buttons on the les Paul yesterday so I’m confident it can be done. PM’d.