PDA

View Full Version : New Odyssey Extreme Battery not charging

thetransporter
03-29-2021, 09:54 PM
Hello all,

not sure what happened to it AS i got it from Amazon..(around $450) and I believe these are the best batteries available.
Its stuck at 10 volts while charging. I switched away from Optima in 2009 when Johnson Controls took them over. They have a very high failure rate according to resellers (honest)

I took it to a battery shop they did some real advanced testing on it and they couldn't get it past 10 volts after charge . Its only a few weeks old so freezing when I got it not likely.. What Happened before only Amazon knows

Anyway I wrote Amazon they tell me to go to Enersys, Enersys tells me to go to Amazon

These are not AGM batteries but are batteries that are made from pure lead no recycled or mixed alloys .

What would you suggest for a solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkstixBuwjc

I also hope this information will be useful to others.

ThePenIsMightier
03-29-2021, 10:06 PM
10V guarantees one dead cell, doesn't it? I think every cell is 2V in whatever lead electrochemical jiggery pokery.
Regardless, there should be a better warranty avenue than you're experiencing.
Can one talk to humans at Amazon?

thetransporter
03-29-2021, 10:10 PM
10V guarantees one dead cell, doesn't it? I think every cell is 2V in whatever lead electrochemical jiggery pokery.
Regardless, there should be a better warranty avenue than you're experiencing.
Can one talk to humans at Amazon?

yes dead cell is what i assumed from experience and less 2v.

Amazon says theres no warranty on batteries .. but i will keep trying.

ThePenIsMightier
03-29-2021, 10:30 PM
$450 for a car battery with zero warranty?!¿!!?
How old is this thing?

ExtraSlow
03-30-2021, 05:35 AM
10v means it's fucked. If you have no warranty, then you are fucked. I know no means of repair.

firebane
03-30-2021, 06:17 AM
Sounds like you ordered and it was fulfilled by Amazon and sold by Enerysys and now you are getting the run around.

Tik-Tok
03-30-2021, 06:50 AM
$450 for a car battery with zero warranty?!¿!!?
How old is this thing?

In before Mar decides Amazon is the best place to get a new battery.

ThePenIsMightier
03-30-2021, 07:03 AM
In before Mar decides Amazon is the best place to get a new battery.

You're on fire!
But I think he's still got a few months to nurse that other one along and fully diagnose its issues. *As long as a 944 becomes approved for boosting.

ExtraSlow
03-30-2021, 09:06 AM
Can you find him some scientific papers that say his 944 is NOT approved for boosting. Owners Manual is not a reputable source, kthxbye.

revelations
03-30-2021, 09:11 AM
If amazon and the merchant are giving you the run around - document the chats and phone calls as your attempt to solve the issue and then open up a CC dispute. You will get a chargeback and case closed. Ive dealt with these kinds of games many times. The battery is kaput.

mr2mike
03-30-2021, 09:45 AM
Sounds like if you can prove you bought on amazon via a credit card purchase. You'll be doing a charge back if amazon doesn't change its mentality.

thetransporter
03-31-2021, 02:16 PM
shipped and sold By Amazon...

I will write them and see. I appreciate the input.