PDA

View Full Version : Hit And Run: Looking for a gold or beige Honda Accord 7th gen.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 08:05 AM
Between 7:30 and 7:35am this morning a gold or beige 7th gen Honda Accord turned right out of the alley between 24th and 25th street SW onto 19th ave SW and hit my BMW, I was walking to the car but had just rounded the corner and didn’t understand what the noise I just heard was until I saw the offending car rip away so didn’t get the license plate. The car then ran a stop sign and turned south onto 25th street SW. The passenger side of the Honda will be damaged, possible with white paint marks.

https://i.postimg.cc/v87Hp6n6/6-B6-C46-D2-F19-E-4668-A1-D7-9-C61-F0-ABE167.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/rmk2JQQZ/21-CCD19-D-5-FF9-4-B5-C-9342-54-DB9-A2000-FA.jpg

bjstare
04-05-2021, 08:18 AM
People fucking suck. Hope this isn't too much of a headache for you.

Tik-Tok
04-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Likely lives down that alley, so shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Edit: Also I think you mistyped the first message, I'm CERTAIN that you SAW the guy hit your car, right? That's what your police report will say, plus your insurance, right?

Believe me, as someone who witnessed a similar scenario, I'll never make the mistake of "almost" seeing a hit and run again.

dirtsniffer
04-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Damn! What an idiot too, chances are they live in a house that uses that alley. Hopefully you cross paths again.

Edit: Also I think you mistyped the first message, I'm CERTAIN that you SAW the guy hit your car, right? That's what your police report will say, plus your insurance, right?

Believe me, as someone who witnessed a similar scenario, I'll never make the mistake of "almost" seeing a hit and run again.

Thanks for the tip!

revelations
04-05-2021, 08:38 AM
What a ding dong - place a timed/motion camera inside the car and catch the offending motorist again tomorrrow AM at around the same time - this time with a plate recorded as they drive away.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 08:47 AM
I am hoping they live close by. I think they probably live on 24th or 25th street SW South of 17th but North of 19th.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 08:59 AM

I did see and hear it happen, that’s what the police report also says. I just was confused and didn’t get a plate as I was on the corner of 19th ave and 24th street when it happened walking and the car took off without even a second thought of stopping.

TomcoPDR
04-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Will keep an eye out on damages to gold accord with right side scrape damages. Man, that’s not even parked right at the edge of the roadway. How the hell

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 09:15 AM
Will keep an eye out on damages to gold accord with right side scrape damages. Man, that’s not even parked right at the edge of the roadway. How the hell

Thanks. I specifically park in the middle of the alley and driveway entrance there to try and avoid this kind of thing. Driver probably had frost all over their windows and made a bad judgement is my guess, might even be stupid enough to think they ran over the curb.

Mitsu3000gt
04-05-2021, 11:42 AM
What a garbage human being, sorry this happened to you. That would have had to be a pretty crazy turn out of that alley to even come close to hitting you, let alone clip your rear corner. Maybe check with neighbors to see if anyone's camera caught it, you might get lucky with a license plate.

Several years ago I was parked on the street in a neighborhood very similar to your photo and I noticed I clearly was hit (exact same spot actually). I go to inspect the damage and see a note on my windshield, not only did the person leave a note with her information but also called the Police on herself to report it just in case the note blew away before I found it. I was obviously shocked but it did also remind me that some people are still decent.

My_name_is_Rob
04-05-2021, 12:03 PM

I realize the taillights don't quite match up with the picture you posted, but the rest of the similarities are there. It might be worth taking a walk down there sometime. It was located just north of the 1917 24a St Sw apartment complex.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 12:08 PM

I realize the taillights don't quite match up with the picture you posted, but the rest of the similarities are there. It might be worth taking a walk down there sometime. It was located just north of the 1917 24a St Sw apartment complex.

Pretty confident that is the car, and I’m pretty confident that’s the one I’ve thought in memory seeing it around. Thank you.

Tik-Tok
04-05-2021, 12:25 PM
Might want to park on a different block tonight so he might be dumb enough to relax and park at his place again. Also take a drive around a few blocks away in case he's smart enough to not park at his place.

dirtsniffer
04-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Man, with that the info the cops probably have enough to pay the owner a visit

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Case closed, decided to do a drive by and she was near her home. My girlfriend also confronted her by chance just before I happened to drive by and she denied it and drive off but I followed her for a block and she pulled over and confronted me, and after I told her I reported it to police she broke down and panicked.

benyl
04-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Holy fuck, Beyond CSI is fast.

Hope it works out.

ExtraSlow
04-05-2021, 12:58 PM

ThePenIsMightier
04-05-2021, 01:13 PM
Winning!

killramos
04-05-2021, 01:19 PM
She admit to the hit and run then? To the police?

I mean at this point she’s in proper trouble I would assume?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 01:19 PM
She admit to the hit and run then? To the police?

She admitted to me at least. She forked over her info real fast in tears.

killramos
04-05-2021, 01:20 PM
Get that admission of guilt in front of a cop ASAP. Tears at the side of the road don’t do shit when it comes time to throw the book at her.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 01:22 PM
Get that admission of guilt in front of a cop ASAP. Tears at the side of the road don’t do shit when it comes time to throw the book at her.

Yep, looks like the car is under her parents name too.

94boosted
04-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Shitty situation but I'm very glad you found the guilty person.

ExtraSlow
04-05-2021, 01:42 PM
Well, at least there's no "50/50" or anything here, since the OPs car was parked at the time. So admission of guilt is less important.

never
04-05-2021, 01:57 PM
That sucks and that's awesome, all in one thread!

chongkee_
04-05-2021, 02:05 PM

Exactly this!
What she says to you doesn't hold any water unless it's written in a police statement.

Had an Uber driver hit my car while it was pulling out of street parking and he admitted fault, exchanged info then went our separate ways.
An hour later when I was filing my police statement at the station, officer told me that the other party has filed their statement and they said I hit their car while they were parked.
Good thing my dashcam footage shut that shit down. Adjuster said it would've been 50/50 as it would be a he said/she said scenario without footage or witnesses.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Exactly this!
What she says to you doesn't hold any water unless it's written in a police statement.

Had an Uber driver hit my car while it was pulling out of street parking and he admitted fault, exchanged info then went our separate ways.
An hour later when I was filing my police statement at the station, officer told me that the other party has filed their statement and they said I hit their car while they were parked.
Good thing my dashcam footage shut that shit down. Adjuster said it would've been 50/50 as it would be a he said/she said scenario without footage or witnesses.

Fucking Uber drivers, I had one side swipe me on Crowchild and tried to pull the same shit. Lucky had two witnesses including his passenger who sided with me.

dj_rice
04-05-2021, 02:15 PM
God damn you found the person already. Kudos to Beyond CSI. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomcoPDR
04-05-2021, 02:22 PM
Yep, looks like the car is under her parents name too.

Is she under GDL you figure. Wow the denial of some, was her damage noticeable? Take pics of her damage for records?

Disoblige
04-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Good ending. I hope she gets charged with H&R too.

I know of waaaay too many stories and experiences of people acting all nice in front of you, then fucking you over with lies when filing the report.
Never. Trust. Anyone.

B.Spilner
04-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Stick it to her, people like this will continue to do it.

94boosted
04-05-2021, 03:01 PM
Exactly this!

Don't want to derail Twin Cam's thread but out of curiosity did the police do anything to said uber driver? Having them blatantly lie like that when there's evidence (dashcam) you'd think would be enough to charge someone with fraud?

My_name_is_Rob
04-05-2021, 03:17 PM
Stick it to her, people like this will continue to do it.

Glad you got it figured. I have to agree with the above. Stick it to her, because this is far too common. Time to make people take responsibility again.

Mitsu3000gt
04-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Please make sure she is actually charged rather than given a free pass. People like this do not deserve anything IMO.

chongkee_
04-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Don't want to derail Twin Cam's thread but out of curiosity did the police do anything to said uber driver? Having them blatantly lie like that when there's evidence (dashcam) you'd think would be enough to charge someone with fraud?

I told the cop at the station that I have footage proving my statement and he said that it would be our insurances that will sort it out.
My adjuster contacted the other party's insurance and sent them my footage. They replied pretty quick that they are 100% at fault.
I don't think the cops followed up with anything based on my initial conversation at the station and not sure how the other party's insurance dealt with the Uber driver after.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Got an estimate, $2145 assuming no hidden damage.

94boosted
04-05-2021, 04:19 PM
I told the cop at the station that I have footage proving my statement and he said that it would be our insurances that will sort it out.
My adjuster contacted the other party's insurance and sent them my footage. They replied pretty quick that they are 100% at fault.
I don't think the cops followed up with anything based on my initial conversation at the station and not sure how the other party's insurance dealt with the Uber driver after.

That's frustrating, if people know they can get away with changing their story no wonder they do it.

Mitsu3000gt
04-05-2021, 04:22 PM

Isn't making a false police report a pretty serious offense? Wouldn't be surprised though if they get off scot free.

jwslam
04-05-2021, 04:22 PM
That's frustrating, if people know they can get away with changing their story no wonder they do it.
Not under oath. Can't prison. No care.

Apparently being a liar is equivalent to rape; max 14 years.
http://criminalnotebook.ca/index.php/Perjury_(Offence)
http://criminalnotebook.ca/index.php/Sexual_Assault_(Offence)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-03-2021, 09:27 AM
The person who hit my car is now dicking me around when it comes to repairs so I’m preparing to get the police involved again and a lawyer.

killramos
05-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Quelle Surprise

ExtraSlow
05-03-2021, 09:42 AM
You mentioned on the first page you had a police report, right? what else do you want the police to do? At this point, it's your own insurance's problem.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-03-2021, 09:46 AM
You mentioned on the first page you had a police report, right? what else do you want the police to do? At this point, it's your own insurance's problem.

I’d like them to pursue hit and run charges harder, since they didn’t due to her owning up. I don’t have full coverage on this car because it wasn’t offered due to it being too old so I’m dealing with this all myself.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2021, 09:52 AM
Understood on both counts. Sucks.

Tik-Tok
05-03-2021, 09:53 AM
I don’t have full coverage on this car because it wasn’t offered due to it being too old

I've never heard of that before. I'm fairly certain I've had full coverage on 20+ year old cars before.

TomcoPDR
05-03-2021, 09:56 AM
We were anticipating that. Shitty humans are shit

dirtsniffer
05-03-2021, 10:19 AM
where's the guy from the stolen miners thread?

cloud7
05-03-2021, 10:59 AM
I’d like them to pursue hit and run charges harder, since they didn’t due to her owning up.

From my experience, the cops usually don't pursue hit and run charges for these types of minor fender bender... which sucks. However, if the driver is being uncooperative, they should certainly threaten the driver about pressing charges. Hope this work out for you.

bjstare
05-03-2021, 11:19 AM
I've never heard of that before. I'm fairly certain I've had full coverage on 20+ year old cars before.

Yeah that's weird. I have had a 20 year old car insured w/ full coverage within the last year. Maybe it depends on the car/value?

ShermanEF9
05-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Willing to bet OP is with Aviva. That sounds like something dumb they would do.

JohnnyHockey13
05-03-2021, 12:04 PM
So shitty, my dad got hit by someone who admitted it after getting out of the car, then changed her story.

This is why I am training myself now to turn my camcorder on on my phone the first thing I do when I get out of my car in an accident, at least then I can get all audio and as soon as they admit it, I whip it out of my pocket and start filming all the damage.

ThePenIsMightier
05-03-2021, 12:20 PM

This is why I am training myself now to turn my camcorder on on my phone the first thing I do when I get out of my car in an accident, ...
"Camcorder"? LoL!

https://youtu.be/S8MeTnqklLA

benyl
05-03-2021, 12:25 PM
"Camcorder"? LoL!

How else will you get the offender on "tape"? :rofl:

JohnnyHockey13
05-03-2021, 12:30 PM
"Camcorder"? LoL!

https://youtu.be/S8MeTnqklLA

Ya man, I hide it in my pocket at first so they don't know, then I whip it out. Can't wait to see the look on his/her's face in this hypothetical situation.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-03-2021, 12:31 PM
I went ahead and processed an insurance claim and pressed to them how this was a hit and run and they driver is now being uncooperative as well as it was their parents car and insurance. Updated the police as well. We are both insured with the same insurance company as well. Having a day from hell with my townhome sale going sideways as the condo company has not provided documents in the timeline stated in the bylaws too and now having to deal with this on the same D day while being self employed, getting pretty upset.

88CRX
05-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Meloch Monex was a huge pain in the dick dealing with a similar hit on my vehicle.... and that person at least left a note. Still a total pain.

Also CPS does not care about hit and run charges in cases like this. Total joke. Give these idiots a free pass to get away with this bullshit.

spikerS
05-03-2021, 12:43 PM
From my experience, the cops usually don't pursue hit and run charges for these types of minor fender bender... which sucks. However, if the driver is being uncooperative, they should certainly threaten the driver about pressing charges. Hope this work out for you.

When that kid hit my old Jeep and took off, the CPS threw the book at him. H&R, careless operation, DUI, and a couple other things. I don't know what the outcome of it all was, but, insurance fixed my Jeep and I didn't have to pay my deductible. The kid wanted to pay for it outside of insurance, and I told him the first time I even thought he was going to be difficult, it was going through insurance. Didn't even take 24 hours.

mr2mike
05-03-2021, 12:46 PM
I know someone where this happened and to speed things up, he took 2 rims and tires as collateral.
Got what he was after pretty quick when they needed their work truck.

Not saying to do this as it is also theft. But sometimes that's the NE way to negotiate.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2021, 03:37 PM
Yeah things aren’t going well dealing with insurance either.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Yeah that's weird. I have had a 20 year old car insured w/ full coverage within the last year. Maybe it depends on the car/value?

Yeah, I haven't had issues with full insurance on my 15 y/o car?

yipb
05-04-2021, 04:52 PM
How come? Did you tell them you saw that car hit you? Looks pretty clear cut here

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2021, 04:54 PM
How come? Did you tell them you saw that car hit you? Looks pretty clear cut here

They seem to not give a single fuck. Did I mention we are both insured by the same company too?

yipb
05-04-2021, 05:01 PM
They seem to not give a single fuck. Did I mention we are both insured by the same company too?

That's very shitty and if that doesn't make them work, I don't know what will. Will be interested to know the outcome.

I've heard of stories where ICBC screw over both drivers but I thought that was just a BC thing. Kinda wild it happens here too

05-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Time to look for another insurance company. Still boggles my mind that you couldn’t get full coverage on it, I’m able to get it on my 2004 beater.

ercchry
05-04-2021, 10:06 PM
Had something similar happen with a changed story and only liability coverage, the key here was to look em up on FB, turns out Mibz BIL was friends with the offending party’s boyfriend or some shit. So sewered their reputation, then went down to the cop shop and got the second page of the report that showed they were charged with failure to stop at a light, and that was enough for their insurance to shut up and accept fault... then the adjuster from their insurance company showed up and it was the same adjuster from a much more drawn out claim that involved a six figure settlement; they remembered me and that I am capable of not fucking around, smooth sailing from then out... good times

Kg810
05-05-2021, 08:54 AM

I would honestly have both you and your gf call in and email in and complain like mad. Ask for your case/claim to be escalated to the next tier cause you're unsatisfied with how this initial tier of claims representatives have been.

Or you can ask how to be transferred to file a complaint. Usually this process would involve an internal investigation as to what's going on with your claim and why it isn't moving forward. You can directly ask to speak to your insurance company's Ombudsman if they aren't already part of the internal investigation.

I forgot to mention that before you decide to file a complaint/speak with the Ombudsman, make sure you document everything like who you spoke with over the phone and when, same goes for emails.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-05-2021, 03:55 PM
Started making progress but it’s painful, still considering going after the person personally for this bullshit.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-11-2021, 05:31 PM
Picked up the car from Maranello today finally and it looks awesome, they also polished the car and gave the interior a quick clean so +1 to them.

-1 to the girl who hit me who almost took the front off the car cutting a corner when I was one turn away from home…

TomcoPDR
06-11-2021, 09:03 PM
Life’s looking good

JfuckinC
06-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Picked up the car from Maranello today finally and it looks awesome, they also polished the car and gave the interior a quick clean so +1 to them.

-1 to the girl who hit me who almost took the front off the car cutting a corner when I was one turn away from home…

Sorry what? You got smoked on the way home from the shop??

ExtraSlow
06-11-2021, 10:03 PM
Wut?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-11-2021, 10:05 PM
Sorry what? You got smoked on the way home from the shop??

Really really close, and by the same dumbass who hit the car the first time. She came ripping around a left turn and cut the corner, nearly taking the front of my car off when I was stopped to turn right.

Disoblige
06-11-2021, 10:18 PM
Really really close, and by the same dumbass who hit the car the first time. She came ripping around a left turn and cut the corner, nearly taking the front of my car off when I was stopped to turn right
It would have been hilarious if she hit you again and got double whammied on insurance. Bad for your car and your mind yes, but it is clear she didn't learn shit. What a dumb bitch.

JfuckinC
06-11-2021, 10:22 PM
Really really close, and by the same dumbass who hit the car the first time. She came ripping around a left turn and cut the corner, nearly taking the front of my car off when I was stopped to turn right.

Haha man, I woulda been rattled, glad that wasn’t the case what a headache.

ExtraSlow
06-11-2021, 10:37 PM
Appropriate to choke her out?

ThePenIsMightier
06-11-2021, 10:49 PM
Hasn't she suffered enough?
End women's suffrage.

D'z Nutz
06-11-2021, 11:27 PM
If you had a dash cam video of that, that would have been worth it to forward to the insurance company.