PDA

View Full Version : Hookup for Method or ICON wheels?

birdman86
04-11-2021, 08:02 PM
Thule thread got me thinking maybe someone here has a hookup on method or icon rims. Not gonna buy them until my old truck sells but wanting to put either Method 702's or Icon Vector 5's on the new truck. Any dealers here?

haggis88
04-14-2021, 10:16 AM
What's your new truck?

Urban X will get you them, but Methods are supplied out of the states and they're usually priced way too high for what they are. Same with Icon.

birdman86
04-25-2021, 08:00 PM
I've never installed one on my car before, but many of my friends run a set of Method wheels on their ride. The model you selected is quite popular I always see it in shops like 4wheelonline. Btw, what color are you planning on setting up in the future?

I ended up buying the Icon Vector 5's (17's), satin black for my magnetic gray Tundra. Not cheap at all and I probably overpaid (C$1750 for four) but they look sick on the third gens (https://www.tundras.com/threads/icon-17-vector-5-wheels.61094/page-6#post-2123838). I'll put some 285/70's on which is about as big as you can fit these trucks without a lift.

The problem with the Methods was the 0 offset, I can't stand that broken hot wheels look and spend too much time on gravel, my paint would be effed within weeks.

ETA: Problem is the Vectors are backordered til who knows when but whatever I can wait.

ThePenIsMightier
04-25-2021, 08:31 PM
I ended up buying the Icon Vector 5's (17's), satin black for my magnetic gray Tundra. Not cheap at all and I probably overpaid (C$1750 for four) but they look sick on the third gens (https://www.tundras.com/threads/icon-17-vector-5-wheels.61094/page-6#post-2123838). I'll put some 285/70's on which is about as big as you can fit these trucks without a lift.

The problem with the Methods was the 0 offset, I can't stand that broken hot wheels look and spend too much time on gravel, my paint would be effed within weeks.

ETA: Problem is the Vectors are backordered til who knows when but whatever I can wait.

That bot will be lubricating its electrons in thankfulness for your response.

birdman86
04-26-2021, 09:17 AM
That bot will be lubricating its electrons in thankfulness for your response.

Sneaky bot. I hope it was good for him.

haggis88
04-26-2021, 02:00 PM

Oh yeah, should have mentioned that...if the Methods aren't in stock, word from the suppliers when I last checked for a set was an estimate of 16 weeks