PDA

View Full Version : Best way to ship wheels from US to here.

03ozwhip
04-13-2021, 06:59 PM
Any of you guys bought wheels from the US(privately) and have them shipped here? If so, who did you use? Maybe better to ship to the border and go for a drive?

ThePenIsMightier
04-13-2021, 07:14 PM
Normally I'd always say "ship them to a Vegas Hotel. Go to Vegas. Drink. Come home with wheels."

This is far less helpful due to Teh Corvids.

ExtraSlow
04-13-2021, 07:23 PM
Tough with cargo that you can't fit in your suitcase too.

killramos
04-13-2021, 07:25 PM
*insert preferred courier here*

FedEx?

pheoxs
04-13-2021, 07:39 PM
Ship em to the border and use DYK Post to bring them up. Drive down is preferred but you can't cross right now so DYk, even with their fees, is probably best bet.

03ozwhip
04-13-2021, 07:53 PM
Ship em to the border and use DYK Post to bring them up. Drive down is preferred but you can't cross right now so DYk, even with their fees, is probably best bet.

Lol fuck you guys haha thanks pheoxs I'll take a look

SSO
04-14-2021, 08:54 AM
I've used Fedex to ship wheels inside the US. It was cheaper than UPS.

Graham_A_M
04-14-2021, 08:55 AM
In all honesty, I would strongly recommend having it delivered to a place called "ath the border storage" in sweetgrass Montana. I had motorcycle wheel delivery there, and picked it up. I dont know if they would have a service to bring it to the other side of the border for you, but it's worth a shot. It saved me $500 in shipping costs to do it that way.

2Legit2Quit
04-14-2021, 09:19 AM
I used DYK Post 1-2 months ago for a package, very sloooooooooooooooow service, not sure if it's Covid byproduct but it took I think about 3 weeks to receive it here in Calgary after it was delivered to their warehouse in Montana.

Pauly Boy
04-14-2021, 09:27 AM
I haven't bought wheels from the States for a long time, but I did several sets back when our dollar was at par and TireRack had some clearance sales. Man those were the days. I was there every other weekend - I'd grab my stuff, then go golf in Shelby (decent little public course actually), grab some exotic snacks from the Albertsons (maybe some booze) and head on back. 50/50 if they even bothered to call me in. Became good buddies with Bort (yes, BORT) at the declaration desk... I wonder if he's still there? lol

Easy way is to ship them to Montana Ship Co or At The Boarder Storage as others have said. (you'll have to register/make an account with them first). Then either drive down and grab them (not really possible with Covid), or get them to forward it or 3rd party pickup from a friend or someone like DYK.

dromz
04-14-2021, 09:56 AM
I had a set of wheels and tires shipped the Montana Shipping outlet a couple of years ago, easy and cheap one for the douche bags at border made me pay GST on the tires.

ThePenIsMightier
04-14-2021, 10:42 AM
... Became good buddies with Bort (yes, BORT) at the declaration desk... I wonder if he's still there? lol...

No, my son is also named Bort!
RoFL!!

https://youtu.be/Au1He0_eCkw

tonytiger55
11-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Bump.

Have you guys used anything else other than Fedex to ship wheels to the border? If so how much?

T-Dubbs
11-05-2021, 09:20 AM
i bought a set of SSR's from Newark, NJ and they came via FedEx.
No issues at all.

BUT its all about how they pack/ship them.... My SSR's were wrapped up pretty tight to protect the lips and individually boxed.

Team_Mclaren
11-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Just got a pair of rims (only 2) shipped via DHL and it costed around 200usd. Better than driving down to the boarder 6 hours there and back. Would've cost me more in gas.

tonytiger55
11-05-2021, 06:46 PM
I found a guy selling OEM Honda rims with tires cheap. Im more interested in the rims. But he is not keen on shipping.
I did some rough quotes. The cheapest by far was Fedex to Sweetgrass. It works out to $265 USD (4 wheels). Even with the roadrtip to the border. Its still a good deal.

killramos
11-05-2021, 07:07 PM
You couldn’t find any Honda wheels in Canada?

tonytiger55
11-05-2021, 07:34 PM
You couldn’t find any Honda wheels in Canada?
Not for the price this guy has listed at '19 2021. I could buy aftermarket. Even aftermarket come to the same price. I do like the OEM style.