PDA

View Full Version : RECALL on L'il Critters Gummy Vites (Costco)

ThePenIsMightier
04-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Stop giving your kids these immediately as they could contain metal/wire fragments!

These are huge sellers at Costco. I was alerted by an email from them that there is a recall. I have a bottle that is affected by this recall, so they have definitely been available in our market area.
Fuck.

Further details on batch numbers, etc at this website:
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2021/75447a-eng.php

Hopefully this will help you out of you haven't received the warning from Costco or it went to your spam folder, etc.

killramos
04-22-2021, 10:06 AM
So you are saying these thing contain a bit of extra iron?

firebane
04-22-2021, 10:08 AM
Read the warning and check the lot date.. No panic needed.

And this isn't just a Costco issue.. its a lot of different places.. I got one from Amazon.

sabad66
04-22-2021, 10:23 AM
Wife didn't get the email for some reason, but saw this on a FB group and sure enough we have one of the affected ones. Good thing its mostly full so the kids very likely didn't end up eating any bad ones. I did start picking through the bottle to see if i could find any with wires in them just for fun but no dice.

ThePenIsMightier
04-22-2021, 10:29 AM
Wife didn't get the email for some reason, but saw this on a FB group and sure enough we have one of the affected ones. Good thing its mostly full so the kids very likely didn't end up eating any bad ones. I did start picking through the bottle to see if i could find any with wires in them just for fun but no dice.

I also just finished picking through the mostly full bottle and they all look fine, thankfully.
I have 3 bottles as I think these were on sale at Costco within the last month. Only one of mine is part of the recall and I'm guessing I bought it a couple of months ago.

I'm also hoping that their description of the screen pieces being about an inch long is accurate. Pretty much no one is going to manage to eat that because it would likely be sticking out of both sides of the vitamin.

Darell_n
04-22-2021, 10:56 AM
So you are saying these thing contain a bit of extra iron?

Stainless steel, the extra chewy variety of iron. I have a big jar of these at home too. Almost makes me want to melt them down looking for goodies.

TomcoPDR
04-22-2021, 11:10 AM
Pedo bear’s been lifting

JRSC00LUDE
04-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Just run a magnet over them.

holden
04-22-2021, 02:19 PM
I think I had 2 from the recall list (I know I have 1 and I'm assuming that other I bought at the same time and already consumed was included). Gonna down a ton from the second bottle today and go to Costco to get a refund.

Also I had the adult version, not the child version, lol.

Disoblige
04-22-2021, 02:27 PM
Gonna down a ton from the second bottle today and go to Costco to get a refund.
Why do you have to "down a ton" from the bottle before getting the refund? lol...

killramos
04-22-2021, 02:29 PM
Why do you have to "down a ton" from the bottle before getting the refund? lol...

Cheap is as cheap does lol

holden
04-22-2021, 02:29 PM

2 for the price of 1, or 1 for the price of 0

Disoblige
04-22-2021, 02:31 PM
I was just thinking that Costco doesn't know or care if you ate them already or if you stored them for later use in another container. Don't get why you gotta eat em all, lol.

holden
04-22-2021, 02:58 PM
I was just thinking that Costco doesn't know or care if you ate them already or if you stored them for later use in another container. Don't get why you gotta eat em all, lol.

These things are so tasty I have trouble stopping at just 2 a day.

Kobe
04-22-2021, 03:24 PM
Haha got this e-mail today, i guess i purchased it on amazon, dont think i even ever opened them though..

https://i.gyazo.com/ceebcc7743374db4a8bd3edfcfda9fba.png

If i can find the package, i'm just going to return them i guess?

Edit: https://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2021/75467r-eng.php

Link to the Canada recalls website

vengie
04-22-2021, 03:37 PM
I think I had 2 from the recall list (I know I have 1 and I'm assuming that other I bought at the same time and already consumed was included). Gonna down a ton from the second bottle today and go to Costco to get a refund.

Also I had the adult version, not the child version, lol.

Why wouldn't you take a bunch out and store them in some sort of storage device rather than eat them all?

Extends your duration with said vitamins, and allows you to be cheap all at the same time.

Edit: Already answered above.

dirtsniffer
04-22-2021, 03:57 PM

Big brain move

sabad66
04-22-2021, 03:59 PM
Can you OD from downing a ton of multivitamins?

Asking for SKR

ExtraSlow
04-22-2021, 04:01 PM