PDA

View Full Version : Dog Deworming Pills - How to get 'em without a $$$ Vet visit?

Ekliptix
04-25-2021, 12:02 PM
My 2x dogs (+ 1 cat) live outside on an acreage. I want to give them some deworming pills (regularly), since they get into everything (bones, mice, etc).
Does anyone know a solution for me to get the pills, while avoiding a $130 per animal visit to the vet, just to weigh them/exam, each time I want the pills? Btw, my cat's name is Crank, and his replacement will be named Crank too.

Thanks

ExtraSlow
04-25-2021, 12:05 PM
I think this place can help.
https://bit.ly/3tW8gUw

Ekliptix
04-25-2021, 12:38 PM
Nope, tried that. That’s why I’m asking. Google offers some herbal hippy shit, only.

sabad66
04-25-2021, 12:39 PM
I thought vets could sell you them without an exam. Try calling around a few and ask?

dirtsniffer
04-25-2021, 12:46 PM
His replacements name is crank or crank 2?

I use petsdrugmart.com for reoccurring drugs. Need a prescription first though

FraserB
04-25-2021, 12:51 PM
My vet hands them out without an examination, they just confirmed weigh my last time and dispensed them

Doozer
04-25-2021, 12:52 PM
My vet told me anytime I needed the deworming pills just to call and I could buy from them without an appointment. Have you just tried that? I can't see why any place would have a problem with it. If they do, might be best to just find a new vet.

Ekliptix
04-25-2021, 01:03 PM
My vet (okotoks) told me I need to spend $450 (all three animals) for a check up before they’ll issue me drugs, since it’s been over 6 months since the last visit. I called a cpl other places today that are open and they require a paid check up before selling me drugs too.

killramos
04-25-2021, 01:29 PM
Sounds like it’s time for a new vet.

Once they know the animals they shouldn’t need an exam for a pill refill.

Try something small town, urban vets are a joke.

Doozer
04-25-2021, 03:42 PM
My vet (okotoks) told me I need to spend $450 (all three animals) for a check up before they’ll issue me drugs, since it’s been over 6 months since the last visit. I called a cpl other places today that are open and they require a paid check up before selling me drugs too.

Maybe it's nothing, but maybe they're getting caught up between more significant drugs and deworming pills? I mean, I guess those are technically drugs too but I consider them more like a vitamin - a regular addition to the diet with little risk of complications. Maybe the other vets are thinking you're looking for potentially other things too (nothing illegal, just other things)?

Ekliptix
04-25-2021, 07:01 PM
His replacements name is crank or crank 2?

I use petsdrugmart.com for reoccurring drugs. Need a prescription first though

Thanks for this tip. I managed to order these without a prescription. 1 years worth for 2x 100lb dogs, $200.
https://www.petsdrugmart.ca/en/Product/Panacur-Granule-Single-Packets-1852082,1852086,1852084/3584

They're all just "Crank", as my childhood has taught my cats are coyote bait. We may say Crank 1, 2, 3 if we're formally trying to remember which Crank we are talking about. The current Crank is "Crank 2", and he is a very good kitty. "Crank 1" had mental problems and wandered into the woods. There's actually a "Crank 3" around here somewhere (condo adoption), but he's as crazy as Crank 1, and I bid him death. He shows up every couple months, and shits everywhere. Be-gone to Crank 3.

ThePenIsMightier
04-25-2021, 07:22 PM
Cat owners who recognize cats are a completely disposable commodity are >>>> regular cat owners who think cats matter and should be able to wander about and bury their poisonous shit in my garden without me live-trapping them and drowning them in the river.
But I digress...

ExtraSlow
04-25-2021, 07:25 PM
I mean, sounds like the owners letting the cats wander are the ones that treat them as disposable...

GQBalla
04-26-2021, 02:29 PM
my vet lets me purchase them anytime i want as long i as pay the dispensing fee of a few dollars, im so cheap i buy a year at a time.