PDA

View Full Version : Tips, tricks or hints when Xpel has been applied?

Masked Bandit
05-02-2021, 07:16 AM
Hey Beyond,

I've just acquired a new to me vehicle (pics to be posted later) that I've been told has Xpel on the hood, bumper, mirrors, etc. (basically the front third of the car). I've never owned anything with any kind of film or wrap so I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to do with this stuff. It will spend it's summers outside if that makes a difference but is there any particular product I should stay away from applying?

Along the same topic what are most regular car people (not the insane ones that detail their cars three times a week) doing in the way of paint protection, appearance care, etc.?

TIA

dj_rice
05-02-2021, 07:27 AM
If your washing, make sure don't pressure wash too close to lift the film edges up.

cyra1ax
05-03-2021, 07:22 AM
Make sure you don't use waxes/products that contain naphtha or kerosene in it. Obviously also nothing that has color agents in it, has a risk of staining the film.
Other than that, basically treat it just like paintwork. You can ceramic/Si02, clay bar, wax over it. There's cleaners and waxes that Xpel sells to maintain it, and in my opinion they help but you could probably go without them.