PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS e-tron GT vs BMW M5 CS

89coupe
05-24-2021, 04:43 PM
https://youtu.be/MFPpeXTEcDM

heavyD
05-25-2021, 12:58 PM
You knew Harris would prefer the M-car. Maybe the E-Tron GT looks better in photos as I don't find it as stunning to look at as Harris feels. The front is all black and kind of boring. The interior looks good for an EV as it looks more like a regular car inside.

BavarianBeast
05-25-2021, 01:32 PM
When did Chris Harris gain so much weight? Haven’t watched him since his p1 review but didn’t recognize the guy at first

JustinL
05-25-2021, 01:43 PM
I kept staring at the paddle shifters on the Audi steering wheel and wondering what they were for. Googled after and they are to increase the regen.

89coupe
05-25-2021, 02:04 PM
It’s sad that the era off petroleum cars is slowing dying.

EV’s have no personality.

Buster
05-25-2021, 02:31 PM
When did Chris Harris gain so much weight? Haven’t watched him since his p1 review but didn’t recognize the guy at first

he got that fat Top Gear cash and eats properly now.

ExtraSlow
05-25-2021, 02:33 PM
He's eating four bean salad now.

Buster
05-25-2021, 02:36 PM
It’s sad that the era off petroleum cars is slowing dying.

EV’s have no personality.

This.

And the Germans and Italians are fucked. When every car has an identical drivetrain, the concept of aspirational cars will disappear.

It's no accident that the Koreans and Americans are focusing on tech and interiors.

The days of (new) cars as a status symbol are basically over. Now it just looks like people are over-paying for a brand name glued to some off the shelf battery pack and some electric motors. Snooze. When the Japanese, Americans and Koreans arrive with their full EV cars, it will make the e-tron/Taycan/Teslas look like a hilarious form of Luis Vitton-ization of the car market.

killramos
05-25-2021, 02:40 PM
Just get an e-golf.

That’s all they all are.

ExtraSlow
05-25-2021, 02:45 PM
e-golf is awesome. Approved.

89coupe
05-25-2021, 04:08 PM
This.

And the Germans and Italians are fucked. When every car has an identical drivetrain, the concept of aspirational cars will disappear.

It's no accident that the Koreans and Americans are focusing on tech and interiors.

The days of (new) cars as a status symbol are basically over. Now it just looks like people are over-paying for a brand name glued to some off the shelf battery pack and some electric motors. Snooze. When the Japanese, Americans and Koreans arrive with their full EV cars, it will make the e-tron/Taycan/Teslas look like a hilarious form of Luis Vitton-ization of the car market.

Hopefully they will allow petroleum cars to still drive on the roads. It will be a sad day when they ban that.

flipstah
06-02-2021, 02:50 PM
I wonder if they'll offer a scrap trade incentive to accelerate that but I doubt it.

Hopefully they will allow petroleum cars to still drive on the roads. It will be a sad day when they ban that.