PDA

View Full Version : Alberta orders pause to joint Chinese reasearch.

ZenOps
05-25-2021, 01:43 PM
Well, Nasa is now here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-government-china-universities-partnership-1.6038701

I guess its possible that some tech Alberta is in, *could* be slightly useful as military research that exceeds that of the USA. But I can't imagine its much. I mean Alberta doesn't really do submarines, or satellites, but its possible we have been working on a better Napalm.

In the long run I can understand why you would want to slow research and advancement. There must be enough time for people to acclimate to a world without oil for instance. But it still seems awfully luddite to me to sabotage progress.

Alberta ahead of China in communications and digital epsionage tech? Good lord no, Alberta would be able to learn an insane amount by keeping partnerships alive. This may actually work against Canada in the long run. Alberta is not about learning, its like NASA now - its all about secrecy and making sure that noone makes it to moon for the next century (including your own kids) to maintain the illusion of superiority.

Just opinion of course.