PDA

View Full Version : Did My Reddit Get Hacked?

sexualbanana
06-03-2021, 09:37 AM
I logged onto Reddit yesterday to find a message at the top of my screen and in my inbox saying my account has been locked due to some suspicious activity. To unlock, I have to go through their reset process. But I don't even receive the reset email. Since then, I've found that the normal computers that I go onto Reddit with (phone, laptop and desktop) are all logged out (which normally aren't) and I couldn't for the life of me get the password right.

I've gone to Reddit a few times on my work computer, so I just tried that. I was originally logged out (also weird) but the keychain filled it in for me. When I do get the log-in to work, my username has changed but the email on the account is my main one which still has not received a reset email.

Did I just get hacked or something?

Tik-Tok
06-03-2021, 09:41 AM
Tell us your username, and we'll let you know if someone is posting as you...

sexualbanana
06-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Tell us your username, and we'll let you know if someone is posting as you...

- - - Updated - - -

It went from banana403 to Altruistic-Policy338.

I just checked. Apparently someone posted something in a crypto subreddit on my account

Tik-Tok
06-03-2021, 09:50 AM
It went from banana403 to Altruistic-Policy338.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked. Apparently someone posted something in a crypto subreddit on my account

Reddit usernames can't be changed by the user though, even the Admin won't do it as their official rule is if you want a new name, start a new account. So it looks like your account was hacked, plus your work computer compromised if it autofilled a new username.

sexualbanana
06-03-2021, 09:53 AM
blah. i can't computer today