PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2020 (2021)

Pages : [1] 2

tonytiger55
06-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Football time!!! (Soccer)
Ya all miss me..? (I know you all did...)

So whos watching..? I don't even have the channel to watch it!!! I need to bloody subscribe to TSN for a month.
Who ya all supporting, players to watch.....?

First game kicks off Friday 11th. Its the old Ottoman Empire vs The Romans. (Turkey vs Italy). Im intrigued by this new Italian team. Normally the Italians are slow starters. But in the last tournament they did not even start and flopped. Its made me wonder though, is eating Turkey burgers in Turkey a Sin or Patriotic? Who knows..

I need to stock up on snacks for the game.

Kobe, eblend, DonJuan, Skyline_Addict, Brent.ff, austic, arktrance.. Where are you guys..? entertain me!

Skyline_Addict
06-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Wow. Barely on beyond these days, so I wasn’t expecting to come back to talk about soccer, of all things.

Should be a good one. As a Spurs fan I’m going to be supporting England. But France looks the favourite and Portugal looks pretty solid too. Well, all the usual suspects are in the same boat, really.

taemo
06-05-2021, 02:22 PM
cant wait, will be cheering for Italy but group F looks to be exciting

littledan
06-05-2021, 02:45 PM
Go england! Due for a good result here.

schocker
06-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Hoping for Germany to progress further than they did in WC :rofl:
Still need to go get a jersey though.

ianmcc
06-05-2021, 03:14 PM
Group F really is the group of death this time around with powerhouses Portugal, France and Germany rounded out with a strong Hungarian team.
I have booked time off work to watch Oranje who will benefit from playing their group matches at home and should come out on top of Group C despite van Dijk not playing.

Brent.ff
06-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Saddens me that I am so out of the loop thst I forgot that euro was now... typically would watch at the office and have a pool...

I have no dogs in the fight but group F will be fun

kertejud2
06-05-2021, 09:10 PM
I'll root for the most popular team in the tournament: whoever is playing England.

Would love to see Hungary throw a wrench into things as well. Zero expectations by being in that group, cause some chaos.

tonytiger55
06-05-2021, 09:15 PM
I totally forgot about Group F!! Holy crap. Germany vs France.. Hows that for a first game. Poor Hungary, the qualify for the Euros and get thrown into the Lions den right away.

Hopefully England can get their revenge against Croatia. The Guardian newspaper has a good interactive guide. You can select the team and you get to see the selection. Italy is going with seven strikers. England is ummmm... only going with four..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/04/euro-2020-complete-guide-to-all-622-players-ratings

Who are your dark horse favourites? I wonder how Belgium will fair. They peaked too early in the last tournament.

Skyline_Addict.. you are a Spurs fan...?:rofl: Who's taking over for manager? They should have kept Pochettino. That being said I can't talk... Arsenal.. nuff said.. Check out Arsenal Fan TV. Its hilarious.

I was checking the schedule and I noticed. North Macedonia qualified for this tournament. Like wtf..?

Edit: Kertejud2... Why the hate for England..? Do you have Scottish Ancestry in the blood? That being said England vs Scotland is happening. We live in exciting times.

Skyline_Addict
06-05-2021, 09:20 PM
I totally forgot about Group F!! Holy crap. Germany vs France.. Hows that for a first game. Poor Hungary, the qualify for the Euros and get thrown into the Lions den right away.

Hopefully England can get their revenge against Croatia. The Guardian newspaper has a good interactive guide. You can select the team and you get to see the selection. Italy is going with seven strikers. England is ummmm... only going with four..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/04/euro-2020-complete-guide-to-all-622-players-ratings

Who are your dark horse favourites? I wonder how Belgium will fair. They peaked too early in the last tournament.

Skyline_Addict.. you are a Spurs fan...?:rofl: Who's taking over for manager? They should have kept Pochettino. That being said I can't talk... Arsenal.. nuff said.. Check out Arsenal Fan TV. Its hilarious.

I was checking the schedule and I noticed. North Macedonia qualified for this tournament. Like wtf..?

Yes. Belgium has a lot of world class players, we will have to see if they can make it count or if they’ll just be Netherlands 2.0.

Don’t forget before TAA got injured, England also had 5 right backs.

I’m well aware of AFTV lol. Y’unnastan’?

littledan
06-05-2021, 10:29 PM
Ugh, just noticed sterling as a center forward. Not a fan at all.

cet
06-07-2021, 10:19 AM
I got rod of cable over a year ago and just have DAZN, so I have to figure out how to watch.

arktrance
06-07-2021, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the mention! I am also barely on beyond these days but I have been following football and excited for the Euros. Lots of stacked teams this year but I'm thinking France has the best chance to take it all. France just looks too good and they got Kante who is literally a machine in the midfield, not to mention everywhere he's been, he's won trophies. It should definitely be interesting to watch though, especially since they're a part of the group of death this year. As mentioned, Portugal has a great team and Germany is Germany, they are always good. Good luck to Hungary.

A note about Belgium, should be interesting to see how they fair as well. I believe their core group of players is starting to get up their in age so I wonder if this might be their last chance.

tonytiger55
06-08-2021, 10:49 PM
You can create a fantasy Team at: https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/create-team

This is mine. I might change it later as I threw this together in 5 minutes.

Kick off is Friday.. Im gonna try and get IPTV.

g-m
06-11-2021, 03:22 PM
Die Mannschaft! Hells yes watching

tonytiger55
06-12-2021, 11:41 AM
Christian Eriksen... WTF?? This is horrible.. :(

lilmira
06-12-2021, 11:59 AM
sounds like he's conscious now at least. I turned on the tv minutes after he collapsed. didn't know what happened and saw the medic doing compression, not a pretty sight. hope the dude is ok

max_boost
06-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Always scary af when you see a player collapse. Google says he's okay so that's good.

After watching Ted Lasso, perfect segue into watching the Euro now lol

haggis88
06-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Look at all the thoughts and prayers going out...he'll be back at the training ground in the morning with all those!

littledan
06-12-2021, 11:18 PM
That was truly horrible to see. Great job by the medical team getting thos compressions started and im assuming aed. Thanks to god he survived. Best wishes for a full recovery.

tonytiger55
06-13-2021, 07:10 AM
Do you guys know what day it is..? Did you all hear that mighty English Lion roar when you woke up this morning...?
Awwww yeaaahhhh!!!!! Its the day where the tournament really starts.

The day you all have been waiting for. We all know deep down...The tournament really does not begin until England plays.
What you have seen so far is nothing more than chickens running around.

England have a chance to get revenge on Croatia.
Kertejud2... where are you..? Are you going watch while eating a traditonal Croatian breakfast of Žganci.? Or will you choke back the tears while you eat English Back Bacon and Eggs?

kertejud2
06-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Winner of Group D plays a team from Group F, while the Runner Up plays the not-Spain team from Group E.

Strategic masterclass from the Croats.

littledan
06-13-2021, 04:55 PM
Any updates on eriksen? Still shaken by seeing that. Never a good thing to see cpr being done. Like we learned in first aid, if you are doing cpr the victim is essentially already dead. Praying for a speedy and full recovery and wish he can play football again.

tonytiger55
06-14-2021, 08:27 AM
Any updates on eriksen? Still shaken by seeing that. Never a good thing to see cpr being done. Like we learned in first aid, if you are doing cpr the victim is essentially already dead. Praying for a speedy and full recovery and wish he can play football again.

Ive not seen anything yet. He had a cardiac arrest and has recovered. But I think it will take time to find out the cause. This might be something that could end his career, especially if its a heart condition. That being said, it happened to another player, but they ended up going to university and studying journalism. So its not a end all.

Update: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/14/denmark-christian-eriksen-kasper-schmeichel-hospital-visit

The Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel has said they will play their remaining games at Euro 2020 in honour of Christian Eriksen, after visiting his recovering teammate in hospital. The midfielder collapsed in the 42nd minute of the match against Finland on Saturday and was resuscitated on the pitch.

View from Denmark: Eriksen is one of us and that’s why it hurt so much

“We’re still in the tournament. Now, we have to try to see if we can win this and do it for Christian and do it for all the fans who sat with us and were just as powerless in the situation as we were,” Schmeichel told broadcaster DR. “I have no doubt that this team has the unity, the strength to be able to come together and go out and do something special.”

Schmeichel said he had visited Eriksen in hospital: “It was damn nice to see him smile and laugh and be himself and just feel that he is there. It was a great experience and something that has helped me a lot.”

Denmark’s final two Group B games are against Belgium on Thursday and Russia next Monday. “We all play for Christian. That’s for sure,” Pierre-Emile Højbjerg told DR.

Eriksen’s agent, Martin Schoots, provided an update on the player’s condition. “He was joking and was in a good mood, I found him to be good,” Schoots told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “We all want to find out what happened and so does he. The doctors are doing the tests and it will take some time. He was happy, because he has understood how much love there has been for him.

“There have been message from all over the world. Christian won’t give in. He and his family are so grateful. Now he just needs to recover with his wife and his parents. He will stay at the hospital on Monday and maybe even on Tuesday. Either way he wants to support the team when they play Belgium.

Denmark’s players expressed dissatisfaction on Monday at the position they were put in after Eriksen’s collapse. Uefa offered the players, who gathered in the locker room after witnessing Eriksen being treated on the pitch after a cardiac arrest, the choice of resuming the match on Saturday night or beginning again on Sunday at noon local time (10am GMT).

Quick action by medics was key to Christian Eriksen’s survival
Read more
“We were put in a position I don’t think we should have been put in,” Schmeichel said. “It probably required that someone above us had said that it was not the time to make a decision and maybe should wait for the next day.

European football’s governing body wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the match would be restarted “following the request made by players of both teams”.

“We had two options. None of the options were good. We took the least bad one. There were a lot of players that weren’t able to play the match. They were elsewhere [mentally],” Denmark’s Martin Braithwaite said on Monday. “You could have wished for a third option in this situation.”

Anyone watching the Scotland game..? Czechs second goal... :rofl:

Brent.ff
06-14-2021, 10:16 AM
Anyone got a stream source? i have no cable..

ianmcc
06-14-2021, 10:17 AM
Search on Footybite for streams.

Russo
06-14-2021, 10:24 AM
Holy Crap, goal of the tournament?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdX9oYieMPw

Gainsbarre
06-14-2021, 10:57 AM

The Guardian was quick to describe this as "a quintessentially Scottish major-tournament moment." Tremendous skill Schick, but also a great deal of luck and incompetence conspired for that. I have no idea what the hell Hendry was hoping to accomplish there - that "attempt" on goal looked so amateurish, like something I did in my rec-league days - or what Marshall was doing that far up the pitch. Schick acting so quickly when he saw Marshall so far off his line and getting the ball to bend like that was very impressive but the awful play by Hendry and Marshall allowed that to happen.

It's like the Nayim goal - a combination of tremendous skill, luck, and an outrageous blunder by the keeper...

https://youtu.be/vbLGnHmGg9Y

tonytiger55
06-14-2021, 11:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdX9oYieMPw

He hit that first time.... First time...!! :eek:
Defo a contender...

I don't think Scotland played bad. They put themselves in that situation but not keeping a focus. They just did not pass to each other in the final third. Individual players tried to go all Rob Roy and do it alone.

Had they passed to each other they could have had at least three goals.

Edit: Anyone watching the Poland vs Slovakia game? The second Slovakia goal.. All those defenders in the corner but nobody is marking the guy taking the shot? What the hell?

cam_wmh
06-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Winner of Group D plays a team from Group F, while the Runner Up plays the not-Spain team from Group E.

The only thing those fossils are throwing, are their backs.

tonytiger55
06-14-2021, 12:54 PM
Spain vs Sweden up next.

New Spanish team, can they beat the Swedes? Or will Sweden put it together Ikea style and offer something surprising good?

taemo
06-15-2021, 07:33 AM
Spain vs Sweden up next.

New Spanish team, can they beat the Swedes? Or will Sweden put it together Ikea style and offer something surprising good?

ikea boys held well against spain.

some solid games today, cant wait

Brent.ff
06-15-2021, 09:17 AM
The streams have just been terrible, only ones working so far have been in spanish or french.. need a good one for the france/germany game today

tonytiger55
06-15-2021, 09:55 AM

kertejud2...I don't think you quite understand.
If England win their group. We don't play the runners up from Group F. The runners up have to play ENGLAND. Thats right.. We are not locked in with them... They are locked in with us.

Not only that they have to enter the Lions den at Wembley.

The streams have just been terrible, only ones working so far have been in spanish or french.. need a good one for the france/germany game today

TSN does a monthly thing for only $20 if it helps? :dunno:

Hungary vs Portugal kicking off in a few minutes..

ianmcc
06-15-2021, 10:36 AM
The only thing worse than a lagging ITV feed is a perfect ESPN feed.
Americans should not call Euro matches-or any proper football matches. Period.

schocker
06-15-2021, 03:56 PM
shieeet, to lose on an own goal. I was figuring france would win anyways. :cry:

taemo
06-15-2021, 04:48 PM
shieeet, to lose on an own goal. I was figuring france would win anyways. :cry:

yup, they almost scored one too except their own player blocked it :rofl:

feel bad for Hungary too, fell apart at the end against Portugal.

schocker
06-15-2021, 09:09 PM
yup, they almost scored one too except their own player blocked it :rofl:

feel bad for Hungary too, fell apart at the end against Portugal.

....I don't want to talk about that one :rofl:
Those two offside goals with the second one being pretty darn close. Mbappe is crazy good is all I got from the game.

Yeah, I watched the end of that one too, what was it like 0-0 at like 83 minutes and then they just fell apart after deflection.

tonytiger55
06-15-2021, 10:05 PM
....I don't want to talk about that one :rofl:
Those two offside goals with the second one being pretty darn close. Mbappe is crazy good is all I got from the game.

Yeah, I watched the end of that one too, what was it like 0-0 at like 83 minutes and then they just fell apart after deflection.

Frances defence was impressive. Mbappe was brilliant... great player. Germany brought on Sane, I did not think he was that good. I think the Germans forgot how to cross the ball. I think if they did that a few times more they might have nipped one one. But Frances attack was impressive.

The Hungary game was super physical. I think the Portuguese knew they had to win that one. Its a shame Hungary just fell apart near the end. I think the Portuguese game against the Germans on Saturday will be crucial. Germany have to win that one. I don't think the Portuguese defences is that strong. But Portugal can bite.

taemo Sweden held up well against Spain. I have noticed over the decades Scandinavian teams can sometimes just neutralise the game against good teams. I think this was one of them.

Xtrema
06-16-2021, 11:24 AM
Ronaldo disses coke. Coke lost $4B
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/soccer/2021/06/16/coca-cola-loses-4-b-after-cristiano-ronaldo-appears-encourage-people-drink-water/5293556001/

dirtsniffer
06-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Maybe not the first time a soccer star wiped millions of coke off the table

tonytiger55
06-16-2021, 04:25 PM
Today was a battle of the cheeses...

The Italians were hungry for that Italian meat ball sub. When asked for double meat, they scoffed and went triple.. No Swiss cheese on this sandwich.. it was Parmesan all the way..
The passing in midfield was phenomenal. Have Italy peaked too early? They have not played a big team yet.

Brent.ff
06-16-2021, 06:35 PM
My pool is officially fucked after today. I had Italy-Turkey as 1-2. Bale was impressive how much he alone carried the game

littledan
06-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Really liked that spot kick from bale. Literally wtf was he doing with that run up.

austic
06-17-2021, 01:54 PM
Todays games have seem largely as expected. Tomorrow England vs Scotland should be a fun one. would love to be in England or Scotland to watch the game.

Brent.ff
06-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Belgium seemed pretty shaky in first half, denmark was all over them.. Fun last 10 minutes to watch

tonytiger55
06-18-2021, 09:27 AM
I hear there is a big game on today... I wonder who is playing.. :D

Second biggest game of the tournament kicks off at 1pm today. Are you all not excited? This should be the highlight in your calendar.
In years to come, your grandkids will be asking... 'What was it like in 2021 when the vaccine was rolled out during the great pandemic?' You will be puffing your chest out and proudly saying 'I don't know son, I was watching the England vs Scotland Game'.

Yo Kertejude2. Did you wake early today and watch the documentary that you call Braveheart to get pumped full of hate for the English? Where are you? What are your predictions? It seems like a nice day for ice cream..

haggis88 what are your thoughts on todays game? Have you prepped by drinking Irun Bru..? Hell I would not be surprised if one set up a IV drip and injected it directly into the veins. I would...

kertejud2
06-18-2021, 02:59 PM
Only one movie will properly prepare you for a 0-0 draw that feels like a win for Scotland.

https://media.timeout.com/images/100442703/630/472/image.jpg

taemo
06-19-2021, 11:22 AM
hungary tied with france, portugal getting outplayed vs germany. next F block game will be interesting

schocker
06-19-2021, 02:11 PM
Much better performance from germany. Amount of own goals in the tournament is immense.

haggis88
06-19-2021, 08:48 PM
haggis88 what are your thoughts on todays game? Have you prepped by drinking Irun Bru..? Hell I would not be surprised if one set up a IV drip and injected it directly into the veins. I would...

I didn't watch...i rarely do with international fixtures, cannot be arsed with the circus around the major tourneys that hype it up to be this amazing spectacle of talent and so far the biggest story is that Ronaldo moved two bottles of Coke

That being said, it is terrific schadenfreude when the proclaimed winners of every competition since 1966 can't even muster more shots on goal than a team with Stephen O'Donnell and Grant Hanley in it :rofl:

tonytiger55
06-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Only one movie will properly prepare you for a 0-0 draw that feels like a win for Scotland.

https://media.timeout.com/images/100442703/630/472/image.jpg

I love that movie.

I think you summed it up perfectly. 'Feels' like a win for Scotland. William Wallace and the gang played their brave hearts out to a flat England performance. It says it all when a team played so good but yet could not score against a team half asleep. Yet after all that. Scotland languishes in the pit of Group D. Qualification don't care about feelings. That being said...I think it might have been tactical genius by England. Play flat knowing Scotland the brave will go all out. England and Czech can play fo a draw. England can strategically qualify second and bypass playing group F. Absolute genius. Let them eat their feel good cake.. Muhahahahahaa

The Portugal vs German game was something. The Germans stood up from the dining table. Walked over to where Rolando was sitting and pushed his face into his KFC Chicken.
France got caught out and were not 'Hungry' enough for the win. Looks like French onion soup was not on the menu that day.

Im so hungry right now. I need to get some food.

lilmira
06-28-2021, 02:58 PM
whoa, two games in a row being forced to et in the last minutes

schocker
06-28-2021, 03:29 PM
whoa, two games in a row being forced to et in the last minutes

Yeah, like I'm trying to get some work done here, wtf :rofl:

Good games though.

lilmira
06-28-2021, 03:49 PM
dang, pretty good pk till the end

C4S
06-28-2021, 03:50 PM
Ops .....

Biggest upset so far ...

g-m
06-28-2021, 04:01 PM
I've booked myself a meeting for the Germany game tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

taemo
06-28-2021, 06:04 PM
missed the games today but damn Croatia and France gone?

Italy survived against Austria, Portugal lost. This is getting interesting.

dirtsniffer
06-29-2021, 09:02 AM
games yesterday definitely made up for the ones on sunday.. today should be good. wonder who kert cheers for out of the colonizers and the exterminators

tonytiger55
06-29-2021, 09:27 AM
Friggin hell... France are out... What a game. I was totally impressed with the Swiss. Especially in midfield. There was 1-2 touch passing. Its like the French were not bothered and just wanted to go home to to start preparations for Bastille day.

But TODAY... Today is a really game. Finally!!

littledan
06-29-2021, 10:36 AM

tonytiger55
06-29-2021, 11:37 AM
Gooooaaaaaaal!!!!!!

tonytiger55
06-29-2021, 11:46 AM
Its 2-0!!!!!

schocker
06-29-2021, 11:52 AM
nooooooooooo

g-m
06-29-2021, 02:00 PM
weak

dirtsniffer
06-29-2021, 03:25 PM
what's this magic spray the trainers use to make someone go from writhing in agony to running around 2 minutes later?

lilmira
06-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Woke tears of course. That flapping was embarrassing.

darthVWader
06-30-2021, 12:38 AM
Group of death is dead

taemo
07-02-2021, 12:48 PM
too bad swiss didn’t win, italy vs belgium next!

tonytiger55
07-02-2021, 09:14 PM
All roads lead to Rome..

This tournament would not be complete without a Italian job..

So what happened to group F...? bahahahahaha..... This group was the chosen one. The one group that England would face and bow down to..It struck fear in in all...
The Germans had a impeccable record against the English in these tournaments... But no. Not this time. The Germans were disposed of with a mighty Brexit bitchslap.

So France are out, no Portugal, No Swiss, No Belgium...

Tomorrow is mouth watering game.. Ukraine Vs England...

The great wheat fields of Ukraine... I shall be eating Weetabix in honour of respect before they are devoured... just like how England will devour them.. muhahahahahahaha
Oh crap... I just realised I need to buy some milk for breakfast..

tonytiger55
07-03-2021, 01:10 PM
Goooooaaaal!!!

England 1 up.. :clap:

kertejud2
07-03-2021, 02:31 PM
So Denmark, the feel good story but still without their best player, are all that stand between me and having to cheer for Italy or Spain? Mother of God...

littledan
07-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Yaaaassssss

tonytiger55
07-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssss!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! This is GLORIOUS!!!!!

kertejud2 !! Come hither! Bow before your brexit masters and kneel before zod!!

You know... deep down you want to support England. You can feel it in your bones. You know it might be wrong, but it feels so right!! Don't deny your true feelings!!

Bring on the Danish Bacon!!!

taemo
07-06-2021, 03:45 PM
Italia survived against Spain, cant wait for Denmark vs England next!

Type_S1
07-06-2021, 04:05 PM
Where do you watch highlights of matches?

Euro2020 is managed so horribly online it has made me disinterested. When I google “EURO2020” the first result should be highlights of the matches. I have still yet to find a spot to watch official highlights and I’m not wasting 10 minutes searching when I don’t even care too much to watch to begin with. Maybe if I could have seen highlights earlier in the tourney properly it would make me want to watch a match. They really need to get their shit together.

/end rant

taemo
07-06-2021, 05:38 PM
Where do you watch highlights of matches?

Euro2020 is managed so horribly online it has made me disinterested. When I google “EURO2020” the first result should be highlights of the matches. I have still yet to find a spot to watch official highlights and I’m not wasting 10 minutes searching when I don’t even care too much to watch to begin with. Maybe if I could have seen highlights earlier in the tourney properly it would make me want to watch a match. They really need to get their shit together.

/end rant

i just google euro 2021 and get scores/highlights right away
https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/~2234647

tonytiger55
07-06-2021, 09:36 PM
England vs Denmark at......Wembly....

Im going eat some bacon for breakfast.... Just like the English will eat....Danish bacon!! muhahahahahahaah

ExtraSlow
07-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Is that Danish ketchup?

ChainReact
07-07-2021, 05:24 AM
what's this magic spray the trainers use to make someone go from writhing in agony to running around 2 minutes later?

sparkling water with a hint of lime

austic
07-07-2021, 08:42 AM
cant wait for the game, booked myself in a meeting during it so can watch it on my third monitor

cet
07-07-2021, 09:33 AM
^ I did the same. Or I may just take my laptop to the living room and watch on the TV

tonytiger55
07-07-2021, 11:05 AM
I have to watch the highlights or the re-run later today... FML :(:banghead:

taemo
07-07-2021, 04:17 PM
England was the better team, they were bound to win but that penalty call was meh to me.

Looking forward for Sunday.

schocker
07-07-2021, 05:08 PM
A game not ending on penalties was a real treat.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-07-2021, 05:19 PM
England fans: Yay!
Everybody else: infinite seas of boiling piss

Pen or not, England absolutely dominated and deserved the win.

msommers
07-07-2021, 07:21 PM
England should have scored at least 5 more goals that game lol

dirtsniffer
07-07-2021, 08:49 PM
I hope they can keep it up against the boring Italians

littledan
07-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Something like 20+ attempts. Arguable penalty on kane in second half. England definitely deserved the win. Wooooooooooo

tonytiger55
07-11-2021, 09:30 AM
I hear there is a big game on today.... :clap:

Ya all ready...? :nut:

taemo
07-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Snap nice goal by England, lets see if Italy can recover.

tonytiger55
07-11-2021, 01:31 PM

kertejud2
07-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Rice taken off? Saka on instead of Grealish? What the hell is Southgate doing?

This is why one has to cheer for Italy.

taemo
07-11-2021, 03:55 PM
Hate penalties, sorry england. Yay italy!

tonytiger55
07-11-2021, 03:55 PM
:facepalm:

kertejud2
07-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Made some garlic bread and bought some Prosecco to celebrate. ABE triumph again!

Brent.ff
07-11-2021, 04:04 PM
Ooo man those were some horrific penalties. Stutter step stopped their way to second

austic
07-11-2021, 04:24 PM
that was tough to watch, England Penalties were dog shit.

littledan
07-11-2021, 05:50 PM
That's brutal to have to step on and take a penalty in that situation without having touched the ball. I'm not happy w/ rashfords penalty for sure but that was tough. You can't defend for 87 mins and expect to win. They should have treated 1-0 as a safety net and pressed and attacked the game instead of sitting back. that is what did them in. Also not happy with southgate's coaching and waiting so long to put in some subs.

tonytiger55
07-11-2021, 11:04 PM
I thought England played ok given the fact that Italy have been ruthless throughout the tournament. Im personally shocked England got to the semi finals let alone the final.
Italys goal was scrappy, a goal none the less. I think England gave the ball away too easily compared to other games. Thats why I thought England could not press. Italy were going to be dominant and I was impressed how England held them off, other teams would have flopped. It was near the end you could see England retaining the ball more. My friends complained about England. But look at the other the other side. Italy struggled to score. The last part of the midfield play I thought Italy were not that great. England were brilliant in that part. The stamp on Grealish should have been a red card. Thats a red card in any game. Also the Italian defender yanking back the English player should have been more harsh. It bad example because now you have kids doing this in the playground.

I have no complaints on Englands performance really. Fucking hell, we got to a final. Im happy with that.

The penalties were bad. The whole set up to the penalties were shite. Thats the problem.
I think Rashfords penalty in particular was pathetic. I mean its cup final. Why are doing that cocky run up bullshit? Had he just ran, hit the ball and missed. I would be ok with that. That miss put pressure on the other strikers. There was zero need for him to do that. Not only that, I would have turned to my most experienced players. The last two England players should have not taken the penalties. Grealish, Sirling should have taken one.
There is so much pressure in taking a penalty. What I really never understand is a lot of playground basics is forgotten. If in doubt, hit it in the middle. Thats it. If a experienced player whacks the ball and misses. Its ok. But if all the pieces up to that are crap (inexperienced players, stupid stuttering run ups, not enough game time etc) then you are setting yourself up to miss.
Overall, no complaints on the Englands play. They were brilliant. World Cup next year..