PDA

View Full Version : Spotted : bart



rage2
04-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Uh oh, dare I ask what happened?

JordanLotoski
04-02-2004, 09:50 PM
OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:D

Kaos
04-02-2004, 09:52 PM
thats soo embarassing.
That sucks dude.

hahaha

Anyone else see a new audi with gunmetals wheels get towed away?
I wish I had a pic.

ninspeed
04-02-2004, 09:53 PM
HA HA HA HA.... right in front of stadium nissan... but thats the wrong way yo C1.... must be going to northland VW :D

Pete92SL
04-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
thats soo embarassing.
That sucks dude.

hahaha

Anyone else see a new audi with gunmetals wheels get towed away?
I wish I had a pic.

How is that embarassing? Something happened to his car. All makes/models/years of cars get towed.

Pete

Dj_Stylz
04-02-2004, 10:24 PM
ahha what happend?

rice_eater
04-02-2004, 10:24 PM
sadly that was me last night too

illeagle
04-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh snap... Those lights are gonna leave some nasty scratches, So Bart, parked in a bad spot?

DUBBED
04-02-2004, 10:25 PM
hahaa cant wait to see what bart has to say about this

Kaos
04-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL


How is that embarassing? Something happened to his car. All makes/models/years of cars get towed.

Pete

it's embarassing to see your car get towed and a member of beyond noticed it and took a pic of it.

I dont know if he parked in a tow away zone but neither did you.

So It could be anything.

:guns:

CalgaryB5
04-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL


How is that embarassing? Something happened to his car. All makes/models/years of cars get towed.

Pete


Because he is a rocket scientist here. :rofl:

illeagle
04-02-2004, 11:20 PM
So that's how TDI's get to Vancouver from here on one tank of gas.....:angel:

hjr
04-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Shit, im always embarrased when my car breaks down. nothing sucks like sitting on the hiway waiting for family, friends or a tow truck to arrive.

nismodrifter
04-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
So that's how TDI's get to Vancouver from here on one tank of gas.....:angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: TDI OWNZ JOO!!:D

A_3
04-03-2004, 01:01 AM
He coulda been speeding super excessively, they were supposed to do that to my car for my ticket but i was able to get him to drop the speed. Just a thought though, probably just broke down.

CLiVE
04-03-2004, 01:29 AM
May as well post my own. We've all been there.

Damn clutch slave......clutch slave #1 that is...

At least this will never happen to the MINI. I'll just throw it in the back of a pick-up, or carry it home on my back.

CelicaST-162
04-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Hmm so thats Barts car hey, VERY nice. It was parked at Aberhart this week...whats with that? lol....NICE CAR!

air_mikey
04-03-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Hmm so thats Barts car hey, VERY nice. It was parked at Aberhart this week...whats with that? lol....NICE CAR!
yeah i noticed that too but its been the first time ive seen it there. does he go to abe or is he just borrowing it?

JAYMEZ
04-03-2004, 03:52 AM
You guys think that pic is bad , i got a nice pic of me getting pulled out of the snow by a tow truck :P:nut:

Dj_Stylz
04-03-2004, 08:13 AM
show us ahha

rage2
04-03-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm not trying to embarass bart, just curious what happened. God knows how many times my car's been towed (both Benz and Porsche).

bart
04-03-2004, 10:33 AM
woohooooooo! i'm famous!

hey guys, i'm guessing my turbo blew, and it hydrolocked my engine with oil, its at the stealership now...

sounds to me like its time for a new engine, it wont even turn over anymore! :(

"i was driving a couple hours ago, whatever, in 1st gear, give it some gas on acceleration 75% throttle, and i hear a clank, ummm ok, car jerks, i am able to speed up to 50 in second, then another clank, and rpms drop to 1500, no higher no less. while later, i give gas, car accelerates REALLY slow, boost is 0psi. then, it doesnt accelerate, back down to 1500rpm, another clank, and a [censored] load of blue smoke coming out of my exhaust... then it dies, and i roll to a stop.

now it doesnt turn over...

did the oil from the turbo spill into the cylinders and hydrolock it? weird thing too, i just filled up with diesel from esso, i never tried them before, i drove about 5km before this happened... i dunno if that matters or not. "

ZorroAMG
04-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'm not trying to embarass bart, just curious what happened. God knows how many times my car's been towed (both Benz and Porsche).

I hear ya. Embarassing is having a car, spotless at the carwash and the ignition/lock tumbler seizes on you....or, again at the Car wash, plug wire finally goes kaput.....

I feel your pain...LOL

illeagle
04-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Oh... shit. warrenty?:dunno: Hope it gets fixed quick and properly.

finboy
04-03-2004, 02:35 PM
having been stranded by my cars 10 times in 2 years (only getting towed 7 times though :D, all for the jetta) i know your pain, lol.

maybe see what mountgomery has kicking around for motors, good luck.

*cough*turbo upgrade*cough*

Moe Man
04-03-2004, 03:27 PM
hope you get it fixed :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
04-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG


I hear ya. Embarassing is having a car, spotless at the carwash and the ignition/lock tumbler seizes on you....or, again at the Car wash, plug wire finally goes kaput.....

I feel your pain...LOL


Owning a DSM, Tow Truck drivers know me by name...they ask which visa I will be paying with and have the card numbers memorized...

Idratherbsidewayz
04-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD



Owning a DSM, Tow Truck drivers know me by name...they ask which visa I will be paying with and have the card numbers memorized...

Hahahahaha :rofl:


I had the same dilemma back in the days of the firefly...

bart
04-03-2004, 08:30 PM
so dealer called today, they want $450 to take engine apart and see whats wrong, i said excuse me? it doesnt start, so fix it, i have full warranty. they said, well just in case it wont be warrantied... are they thinking they'll find a wrench inside or something? retarded. i'm going in on monday. they also need to call the vw rep to authorize this, its a big job.

Kona9
04-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Fuck that Bart.........WSP on here has an 02 A4 and his engine did the exact same thing. I have the warranty papers right in front of me. He paid 39.00 dollars for a new Turbo, Engine, install etc. Tell them it will be hard to fix anything after you cut their fuckin arms off. BULLSHIT. PM me if you like. WSP is away. but I have his papers if you have questions

bart
04-03-2004, 09:21 PM
ok thanks, i will keep that in mind. i know another who this happened to on a tdi, but he was out of warranty already, the bill was $5800... :( i will speak with them in person tomorrow first.

Dj_Stylz
04-03-2004, 09:56 PM
keep us updated

finboy
04-03-2004, 09:58 PM
i've heard northland's service department isn't the best to deal with, stand firm in your position, and if they still refuse, tell them the "what did the 5 fingers say to the face" joke ;)

nismodrifter
04-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by finboy
and if they still refuse, tell them the "what did the 5 fingers say to the face" joke ;)

SLAP :rofl: :D

sorry to hear this shit happened to your car bart.....hope all goes well with the stealership...

maximus
04-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Sucks to hear Bart. But I think you better be prepared. I'm sure they'll try and blame it on some mod of yours, or refuse to replace the engine becuase its been modified.

Hope all goes well and soon you'll be back!!
:burnout:

Super_Geo
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter


SLAP :rofl: :D

sorry to hear this shit happened to your car bart.....hope all goes well with the stealership...



Haha... I'm glad you posted that, cause I was sitting here after reading finboy's post thinking "what the fuck would 5 fingers say to a face?" :confused:

Damn it am I dense :banghead:

Inthered
04-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by bart
woohooooooo! i'm famous!

hey guys, i'm guessing my turbo blew, and it hydrolocked my engine with oil, its at the stealership now...

sounds to me like its time for a new engine, it wont even turn over anymore! :(

"i was driving a couple hours ago, whatever, in 1st gear, give it some gas on acceleration 75% throttle, and i hear a clank, ummm ok, car jerks, i am able to speed up to 50 in second, then another clank, and rpms drop to 1500, no higher no less. while later, i give gas, car accelerates REALLY slow, boost is 0psi. then, it doesnt accelerate, back down to 1500rpm, another clank, and a [censored] load of blue smoke coming out of my exhaust... then it dies, and i roll to a stop.

now it doesnt turn over...

did the oil from the turbo spill into the cylinders and hydrolock it? weird thing too, i just filled up with diesel from esso, i never tried them before, i drove about 5km before this happened... i dunno if that matters or not. "


What you described sounds like what happened to me last week. I was driving down deerfoot when I had to give my car more and more throttle just to keep it at 100kph. My boost guage was reading 0psi too. I turned the engine off as I was coasting off to the side of the road. I tried starting my car again and it wouldn't budge. Turned out that my engine oil feed (I think it was the timing chain tensioner) starved my engine of oil. All four of my rod bearings were ****ed, as well as my whole crank.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE
At least this will never happen to the MINI. I'll just throw it in the back of a pick-up, or carry it home on my back.

Haha.. I keep telling the wife I wanna get a Mini to keep in the glove box incase the car breaks down!!

That really sucks about your car. Good luck with the Stealership. Of course they will try and find something YOU did to cause this, so good luck and as it was said above... keep us posted.

bart
04-04-2004, 09:15 PM
ok, after more researching, and talking with some people, i am now thinking its possible that my timing belt snapped. the tdi is an 'interference' engine, unlike honda's i think, so once that breaks, everything inside starts colliding with everthing else, in the end i will have bent rods, pistons, and valves, etc.

i will be at the stealer tomorrow morning first thing, i will check oil level, if there is no oil in the chamber, i will assume turbo blew, otherwise check the belt, and its condition if it still exists...

:rolleyes:

Strider
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
timing belt went so soon?

how many kms on your car?

CalgaryB5
04-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Bart.

Were you being too rough on her?

bart
04-05-2004, 07:06 AM
42k. no, not being rough. no matter how 'rough' you are on a car, this does not affect the operation of timing. whether its idling or full throttle, doesnt matter.

ExtremeSi
04-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Ya my timing belt broke on me a while ago, and I experienced very similar symptons to what you described. I also wasn't abusing it- just cruising along on the highway. Mine's a Honda and it too has an interference engine, so it was a big job, but the pisons and rods were fine. It was just the valves that got all bent. Maybe VWs are a bit different, but good luck with whatever happens.

bart
04-05-2004, 06:28 PM
ok, got back from stealership, timing belt was fine. the seal around the turbo went w/ bearing... on the tdi, the oil is shared by the engine, thats how its cooled. so this leaked into the intake, and the turbo forced all the oil into the cylinders through the intercooler.

later, the piston tried to compress the oil, which it couldnt, forcing the rod to bend, and thats when she died. at the very least the whole thing will be rebuilt with a new turbo... preferrably i'd like a new one, but they were still checking damage after i left. i will try to snap pics tomorrow maybe post them.

rage2
04-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Good to see the dealership is warrantying the whole thing.

bart
04-05-2004, 10:35 PM
yes. :thumbsup:

finboy
04-05-2004, 11:14 PM
so they're fixing it all?

damn, you just squeezed blood from a stone, lol.

CalgaryB5
04-06-2004, 12:50 AM
TDI forum (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=704473&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1&vc=1)

:eek:

bart
04-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by finboy
so they're fixing it all?

damn, you just squeezed blood from a stone, lol.

lol what do you mean? it broke, i didnt do anything wrong. the mechanic there said they see this all the time, its nothing new...

Akagi Redsuns
04-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bart


lol what do you mean? it broke, i didnt do anything wrong. the mechanic there said they see this all the time, its nothing new...

Yikes!....that's not a good sign. Glad to see you are getting it fixed under warranty though.

*crosses VW off his list of potential cars to purchase in the future*

finboy
04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by bart


lol what do you mean? it broke, i didnt do anything wrong. the mechanic there said they see this all the time, its nothing new...

i've heard many less than pleasing stories about northland vw for customer service and waranty issues.

bart
04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
they've been good to me. i only go there for service, thats where i bought the car, so i want to be loyal, and not have issues when it comes to things like this. i'm always there buying parts and what not, so i'm no stranger, that may have something to do with it too. but i dont want to speak too soon, car isn't fixed yet! lol

CalgaryB5
04-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bart
they've been good to me. i only go there for service, thats where i bought the car, so i want to be loyal, and not have issues when it comes to things like this. i'm always there buying parts and what not, so i'm no stranger, that may have something to do with it too. but i dont want to speak too soon, car isn't fixed yet! lol

No shit. I hope they will repair her as lovely as original, but do you think it will still perform the same with that much of damage had been done?

bart
04-07-2004, 09:28 AM
well thats what i asked, mechanic assured me it will be perfect again, like new. thats why they are checking everything before they will start ordering parts, so when they do put it together, it isnt making some weird noise or anything, i mean, it has to be, otherwise apart it goes again, so i'm pretty sure they will do it right. i will make sure anyway.

bart
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
ok, might as well post pics, get some more people laughing at me, ahah.

before that, i'd like to say that i love vw, and despite what happened, i dont think anything less of them. they engineer cars, not build them. if it works, it works amazing, if it doesnt, then shit hits the fan. simple as that. none of that in between stuff.

car might be on the road late tomorrow. i have a new shiny "heart" (turbo) and all new internals, pistons, piston rings, rods, etc. only the connecting rod to the piston was bent, but they are replacing everything.

doh! (how about enabling dynamic images admins?)
http://servfiles.com/download.php?id=386

http://servfiles.com/download.php?id=387

http://servfiles.com/download.php?id=388

http://servfiles.com/download.php?id=389

now, do i have to break 'er in? :thumbsup:

Fluidic
04-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by bart
now, do i have to break 'er in? :thumbsup:

You're method will work just fine... ;) ;)

bart
04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
lol what do you mean my method?

dogmaiwli
04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Looks Like your "crazy mojo" broke eh......
Glad to hear they are fixing it. I always take mine to
South Center Fine Cars, and make them match northlands prices ;)

Fluidic
04-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by bart
lol what do you mean my method?

The "bart" method.

Just take it to an auto-cross and she's good. :)

bart
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
ya ya.

DJ Lazy
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5
TDI forum (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=704473&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1&vc=1)

:eek:

I dunno if that is bart... But damn if its not... then we got MORE identity stealing goin on... :rofl:

Exact wording... :rofl:

rage2
04-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Good to see warranty covered everything :thumbsup:.

bart
04-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy


I dunno if that is bart... But damn if its not... then we got MORE identity stealing goin on... :rofl:

Exact wording... :rofl:

lol, no thats me on there. i doubt anyone would steal my story, its nothing to show off on. haha, well i dunno, maybe for some it is.

bart
04-16-2004, 06:18 PM
so i got the car back yesterday, good as new, literally!!! now i just need some new tires, i'm past my wear indicator, otherwise i will suck at solo2 lol.

rage2
04-17-2004, 11:39 PM
hehe spotted you again today turning into sunridge by the hospital. Good to see the car back in action. :thumbsup:

EstoMax
04-17-2004, 11:44 PM
i think u have a stalker bart :eek:

coughragecough ;)

max:tongue:

PS. on a more serious note, glad u got ur car back, did u have to pay for anything? what exactly did they do? drop in a new engine or just rebuild?

bart
04-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by rage2
hehe spotted you again today turning into sunridge by the hospital. Good to see the car back in action. :thumbsup:

lol, i was going to KK. gotta break the car in some, i missed it. ahah. did almost 400km over the past few days.

esto: no, they just rebuilt it with brand new internals and a new turbo.

rage2
04-18-2004, 12:37 AM
lol, his car's stalking me man :).

brandon
04-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah I think I spotted bart on glenmore the other day. I was in a red alero, Anyways nice ride!

bart
04-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by bhsmith
Yeah I think I spotted bart on glenmore the other day. I was in a red alero, Anyways nice ride!

ahah everyone is spotting me! lets see if anyone can find me today, i will be ripping around for no reason again. lol

lam-boy
04-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bart


ahah everyone is spotting me! lets see if anyone can find me today, i will be ripping around for no reason again. lol


spotted bart! i saw [email protected]!~

hyperwhite
04-18-2004, 12:42 PM
i this a common problem with TDI's. i was looking at a couple but now i'm not so sure :confused:

bart
04-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
i this a common problem with TDI's. i was looking at a couple but now i'm not so sure :confused:

i remember reading somewhere that this was fixed with 2002.5+ cars or something, they revised the seals. because i have not heard of anyone with really late model cars having these problems. the 2004's are totally different, they're PD engines.