PDA

View Full Version : Where to recycle power tool batteries?

ExtraSlow
10-21-2021, 07:00 AM
Where can a person recycle power tool batteries? Hurts my heart to think about landfill for this stuff. I feel like the big box home improvement stores used to take them, but don't seem to now. Fire dept hazardous waste drop specifically says "No dry-cell batteries" too.

Just wanna follow the rules and save the planet. Where to recycle?
Bonus points if I can take my household alkaline batteries there as well.

ThePenIsMightier
10-21-2021, 07:03 AM
Where can a person recycle power tool batteries? Hurts my heart to think about landfill for this stuff. I feel like the big box home improvement stores used to take them, but don't seem to now. Fire dept hazardous waste drop specifically says "No dry-cell batteries" too.

Just wanna follow the rules and save the planet. Where to recycle?
Bonus points if I can take my household alkaline batteries there as well.

If you're a corporate whore, there's a good chance your office building has a program to take them.

Incidentally, why are you me?!? I did this literally 2 days ago!

dirtsniffer
10-21-2021, 09:03 AM
any bestbuy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/haul-away-recycling-and-recalls/battery-and-electronic-recycling-program

ExtraSlow
10-21-2021, 09:23 AM
any bestbuy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/haul-away-recycling-and-recalls/battery-and-electronic-recycling-program

That's amazing, I am going to best buy this evening for something else already.

suntan
10-21-2021, 11:01 AM
Be sure to get the extended warranty for the used batteries you're going to drop off.

schurchill39
10-21-2021, 02:47 PM
The Lowes on 130th takes all sorts of batteries so I would assume they do the same at other locations. They have the same bins set up by their customer service as Best Buy does.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2021, 05:38 PM
The greeter at the Sunridge best buy had no idea they recycled anything. A passing manager wasn't sure about battieres, but directed me to "put them by the pile of printers at the door. It was a literal pile of printers and debris between the entry doors.

Not really confidence inspiring, but I got them out of my truck and I can hope they don't get landfilled.

SKR
10-21-2021, 06:17 PM
I skyhook all electronics out my truck window into the river.