PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy a John Wood water heater?

Thaco
10-30-2021, 08:29 PM
My water heater just tanked.... I'm changing it myself so I'd rather a unit that has the same connections in the same place.... anybody know where i can buy John Wood in Calgary??

Specific unit is john wood water heater "jw85065sn-pdv-es2"

Darell_n
10-30-2021, 09:54 PM
Tanks the same size have pretty much all the same connection points. Just go find the same capacity tank at Home Depot / Lowes.

Thaco
10-30-2021, 10:19 PM
Tanks the same size have pretty much all the same connection points. Just go find the same capacity tank at Home Depot / Lowes.

i don't want pretty much, i want exactly... pretty much with black pipe, doesn't work.

Darell_n
10-30-2021, 10:33 PM
I’ve had 3 different brand tanks in my house, the gas inlets have always been the same height from the floor and going with another John Woods heater doesn’t guarantee anything. Worst case scenario you will need another $2 nipple and a pipe wrench to tighten it with.

Thaco
11-01-2021, 05:14 PM
for anybody who may be looking for the same answer, looks like john wood brand water heaters were made by GSW and GSW was bought by AO smith a few years back so they may not exist anymore...

Tik-Tok
11-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Just measure the height of the existing one, and go to the big box stores to find one that matches. Or grab some yellow natural gas flex pipe and go whatever height you want.

dj_rice
11-01-2021, 08:37 PM
for anybody who may be looking for the same answer, looks like john wood brand water heaters were made by GSW and GSW was bought by AO smith a few years back so they may not exist anymore...

Try AMRE Supply, a few years back when I looked they did carry John Woods.

R-Audi
11-02-2021, 08:15 AM
What exactly went wrong with your water heater?
My John Wood went out last week and wouldnt stay lit, so I took apart the lighting unit, gave everything a quick clean and fired right up. Worth a shot if thats the issue.