PDA

View Full Version : Private Dermatology Clinics?

masoncgy
11-24-2021, 06:34 PM
Just curious if anyone knows or could recommend a private dermatology clinic in Calgary that I could contact. Locally here in Red Deer there isn’t one and I am on a very lengthy waiting list (8+ months) just to get in with my referral… so looking for another option if one is available. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
11-24-2021, 06:54 PM
Every clinic is a private clinic. That same one you have a referral to would take you without referral much faster if you are paying. The public system pays less so they restrict the number of openings.

Cowtown has 3 or 4. Don't have a reccomend one, have been in 2.

you&me
11-25-2021, 12:01 PM
My wife has had both cosmetic and medical procedures done at Market Mall Dermatology... she's pleased with the results, but there is a definite blurring of lines between the two clinics and they've been quite pushy on upselling medical procedures to be more like cosmetic ones, so you need to be prepared for that... though, in fairness, like ES said, I think that's the 'private' component of all derms coming out.

An acquaintance runs Beacon Dermatology on 17th and she'll likely transition there for her next treatments. Haven't been yet, so can't directly comment on quality of care, but he's highly regarded in the field and very accomplished.

ExtraSlow
11-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Whatever the one in the meadows mile building is called, the parking is a nightmare. Staff pretty good looking though.