PDA

View Full Version : BMW XM concept debut

KLCC
11-30-2021, 09:30 AM
Gawd...this thing is definitely not an evolution. (Love the cigar leather look, but damn the velvet rear needs some time to get used to)

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0357372EN/the-bmw-concept-xm-%E2%80%93-power-and-luxury-beyond-all-conventions

heavyD
11-30-2021, 09:36 AM
The couch leather looks surprisingly better than I would have thought but the rest is little too try hard.

ExtraSlow
11-30-2021, 09:39 AM
Why is there a cheap seatcover in the back? Front seats look good. Also bad thread title.

ThePenIsMightier
11-30-2021, 09:47 AM
Does it come with satellite radio?

eglove
11-30-2021, 10:28 AM
The headliner is sweet, that's about it

ExtraSlow
11-30-2021, 10:28 AM
Thanks mods for the thread title fix.

Xtrema
11-30-2021, 10:51 AM
https://youtu.be/KgZLdhWjTSI

Xtrema
11-30-2021, 12:23 PM
https://youtu.be/if3t_fZKJFA

Buster
11-30-2021, 12:28 PM
And people wonder why I don't care about cars much any more.

killramos
11-30-2021, 12:33 PM
That’s a lot of angles.

Do angles add horsepower?

ThePenIsMightier
11-30-2021, 12:57 PM
It looks like it's still a concept car.
Or a car from Goldeneye video game.

KLCC
11-30-2021, 01:40 PM
In my mind it is more eye pleasing than cybertruck.

eglove
11-30-2021, 01:42 PM
And people wonder why I don't care about cars much any more.

100% yup

Xtrema
11-30-2021, 02:22 PM
It looks like it's still a concept car.
Or a car from Goldeneye video game.

Apparently, 80+% of what you see will made it into production.

you&me
11-30-2021, 03:11 PM
JFC BMW, just stop it.

r3ccOs
11-30-2021, 03:23 PM
https://youtu.be/if3t_fZKJFA

Rav 4's big brother?

heavyD
11-30-2021, 04:00 PM
Apparently, 80+% of what you see will made it into production.

Has to be one of the few times a concept vehicle makes it to production retaining concept vehicle styling. It's going to stand out on the roads for sure.

Buster
11-30-2021, 04:32 PM
Has to be one of the few times a concept vehicle makes it to production retaining concept vehicle styling. It's going to stand out on the roads for sure.

You mean because it looks like absolute ass?

npham
11-30-2021, 04:49 PM
I'm digging the leather seats. That's about it though. Nothing else exciting at all.

Doozer
11-30-2021, 04:55 PM
That’s a lot of angles.

Do angles add horsepower?

Clearly this has already been proven with great success.

killramos
11-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Clearly this has already been proven with great success.

That one had the benefit of being sold out long before anyone saw it, so what it looked like was largely irrelevant.

Buster
11-30-2021, 10:15 PM
That one had the benefit of being sold out long before anyone saw it, so what it looked like was largely irrelevant.

Barf

Doozer
12-01-2021, 10:27 AM

Lucky for them

bjstare
12-01-2021, 11:53 AM
What a bunch of downers. I think this thing is cool. Front end is definitely better than the M4.

If they want this to compete with a Urus, it has to be outrageous (and things that are outrageous, are also usually pretty polarizing).

Buster
12-01-2021, 11:53 AM
What a bunch of downers. I think this thing is cool. Front end is definitely better than the M4.

If they want this to compete with a Urus, it has to be outrageous (and things that are outrageous, are also usually pretty polarizing).

but the Urus itself is the opposite of cool

killramos
12-01-2021, 11:56 AM

I think it’s unlikely that I am the target demographic for this vehicle so my opinion is just that, my own.

bjstare
12-01-2021, 11:59 AM
but the Urus itself is the opposite of cool

Indeed.

I assume the buyer of this doesn't want a Urus, but wants to spend $350k on a fast and outrageous looking SUV.

My guess is if the prod version is true to the concept, they'll sell all of them.

ExtraSlow
12-01-2021, 01:19 PM

all 100% accurate. If they plan on competing with the Urus, then I think that's a huge departure from the previous X-series SUV's, which were very mainstream.

heavyD
12-01-2021, 01:39 PM
What a bunch of downers.

To be fair a lot of the longtimers, myself included, are getting into the "old man yelling at clouds" stage of their life and it's pretty evident here at times. I try to be pretty flexible as I feel this design is a little too try hard but at the same time I would blast it if they went generic as automakers really can't win either way. You can only do so much to make an SUV stand out and BMW has likely achieved that with this vehicle.

Buster
12-01-2021, 01:47 PM
To be fair a lot of the longtimers, myself included, are getting into the "old man yelling at clouds" stage of their life and it's pretty evident here at times. I try to be pretty flexible as I feel this design is a little too try hard but at the same time I would blast it if they went generic as automakers really can't win either way. You can only do so much to make an SUV stand out and BMW has likely achieved that with this vehicle.

Standing out is easy. Doing it without looking like a tool is hard.

That goes for more than just cars.

rage2
12-01-2021, 01:52 PM

I think I'm the only one that likes the current BMW front ends. I blame Lexus for ruining me.

Also, V8 hybrid drivetrain. Best of both worlds. Hope they push that outside of SUVs.

heavyD
12-01-2021, 04:00 PM
I think I'm the only one that likes the current BMW front ends. I blame Lexus for ruining me.

Also, V8 hybrid drivetrain. Best of both worlds. Hope they push that outside of SUVs.

I don't mind them and I also don't mind the Lexus ones. They aren't very photogenic but IMO the M3/M4 grilles looks great in person. The only grill I don't care for is the regular 4 series as even in person I just don't care for it. As for this vehicle to me the grilles looks a little too truck-like but I imagine that's probably a good thing to the type of people that will buy this.

bjstare
12-01-2021, 04:14 PM
I don't mind them and I also don't mind the Lexus ones. They aren't very photogenic but IMO the M3/M4 grilles looks great in person. The only grill I don't care for is the regular 4 series as even in person I just don't care for it. As for this vehicle to me the grilles looks a little too truck-like but I imagine that's probably a good thing to the type of people that will buy this.

Ya to be fair I haven't actually seen an M4 IRL yet. I have seen a few 4-series and that grill is awful. I assume the M4 looks quite a bit better.

Buster
12-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Ya to be fair I haven't actually seen an M4 IRL yet. I have seen a few 4-series and that grill is awful. I assume the M4 looks quite a bit better.

It does not

killramos
12-01-2021, 06:26 PM

I dislike like it more every time I see it.

Also. This thing better the fuck not cost $350k lol

cars5431
12-01-2021, 10:23 PM
I’m with you but I also own one haha. Added front lip and side skirts to car on weekend 103092

bjstare
12-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Black is the best color for that car, right Buster?

Buster
12-02-2021, 09:27 AM

Black is, indeed, the best color for that car.

heavyD
12-02-2021, 11:21 AM

Nope. Isle of Man Green is the best of the standard colors IMO. Black looks good but I'm too OCD to own another black car.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m with you but I also own one haha. Added front lip and side skirts to car on weekend 103092

Congrats. Looks good and I don't care what anyone says, they look great and have a lot of presence. BMW Gallery had a black M4 with Carbon Bucket seats and my two teenage boys were smitten with it. My 13 year old is mad that he can't get the car in Forza 5 as it's one of his favorite new cars.

bjstare
12-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Nope. Isle of Man Green is the best of the standard colors IMO. Black looks good but I'm too OCD to own another black car.

The joke there was, black hides all design elements and makes any car look like a featureless blob - the perfect solution for ugly cars ;)

I agree 100% that the green is awesome. IMO one of the best paint colors available on a new car right now.

heavyD
12-02-2021, 11:48 AM
The joke there was, black hides all design elements and makes any car look like a featureless blob - the perfect solution for ugly cars ;)

I agree 100% that the green is awesome. IMO one of the best paint colors available on a new car right now.

Oh I get the joke. That green really is awesome and deserves mention.

Buster
12-02-2021, 12:42 PM

Exactly.

Black is the niqab of car colors.

cars5431
12-02-2021, 08:56 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats. Looks good and I don't care what anyone says, they look great and have a lot of presence. BMW Gallery had a black M4 with Carbon Bucket seats and my two teenage boys were smitten with it. My 13 year old is mad that he can't get the car in Forza 5 as it's one of his favorite new cars.

Thanks. I love the car. Grille is controversial and people love or hate but car other than that I think everyone agrees looks amazing and one of the best cars I’ve ever driven and holds to the road like glue.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100% that the green is awesome. IMO one of the best paint colors available on a new car right now.. I got black as I love orange and wanted the orange interior and like how in goes together.

rage2
12-03-2021, 12:01 AM
I sat in the same car. Those seats are fucking amazing. I contemplated the m4 competition cabriolet if my e53 order didn’t go into production. It was something like $10k cheaper than the e53 cabriolet I spec’d out. Guess I’m lucky I didn’t go that route with bmw being screwed now for stuff like touchscreens.

Buster
12-03-2021, 12:06 AM
I sat in the same car. Those seats are fucking amazing. I contemplated the m4 competition cabriolet if my e53 order didn’t go into production. It was something like $10k cheaper than the e53 cabriolet I spec’d out. Guess I’m lucky I didn’t go that route with bmw being screwed now for stuff like touchscreens.

I feel bad shitting on the M4 and M3 (to a lesser degree). I think it's a car that does some things really well. But there is no denying that it looks like ass from any angle.

rage2
12-03-2021, 01:20 AM
I feel bad shitting on the M4 and M3 (to a lesser degree). I think it's a car that does some things really well. But there is no denying that it looks like ass from any angle.
Agree to disagree. I think it looks amazing at every single angle. There is not one bad picture in this gallery. And it ain’t even black.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/g36531594/2022-bmw-m4-competition-convertible-image-gallery/?slide=1

Buster
12-03-2021, 01:23 AM
Agree to disagree. I think it looks amazing at every single angle. There is not one bad picture in this gallery. And it ain’t even black.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/g36531594/2022-bmw-m4-competition-convertible-image-gallery/?slide=1

Yeah it's a matter of taste.

The cab looks better than the coupe, I'll give it that.

ExtraSlow
04-11-2023, 08:16 PM
So, this is real? Buster

killramos
04-11-2023, 08:22 PM
People didn’t like it the first time so they added red trim and told the computer to turn up the boost.

They didn’t get he irony of LITERALLY putting lipstick on the pig

ExtraSlow
04-11-2023, 08:23 PM