PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Beef SE fire

TomcoPDR
12-06-2021, 12:19 PM
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/fire-at-ginger-beef-bistro-house-considered-suspicious-cfd-1.5695051

I remember going to this place when it was in Willow Park strip mall, so good. Haven’t been to this location at all. News article says fire considered suspicious, Beyond restaurant owners is this an easy thing to do? Then what claim insurance $$$? Or just get out of a lease.

ExtraSlow
12-06-2021, 12:24 PM
I have fond memories from the various "Ginger Beef" locations. Used to love the Brentwood one back when it was a real full-service restaurant before the mall was redeveloped.
CFD has some pretty effective arson investigators. Fire starting outdoors makes me suspect it wasn't an inside job

JRSC00LUDE
12-06-2021, 12:24 PM
Are you still allowed to call that "Jewish lightning" or is that racist?

Likely depends on your insurance and Landlord as to how you move forward Tomco but even a free ground up rebuild of your space saves you 6 or 8 hundred K and makes a sale easier!

suntan
12-06-2021, 12:29 PM
Guess we're going to see an uptick in the stray cat population.

ThePenIsMightier
12-06-2021, 12:57 PM
Are you still allowed to call that "Jewish lightning" or is that racist?

Likely depends on your insurance and Landlord as to how you move forward Tomco but even a free ground up rebuild of your space saves you 6 or 8 hundred K and makes a sale easier!

I'm confident you can't say that.
CBC had a story that remained popular all of last week (assumably with Trudeau voters) highlighting things they feel that you shouldn't say anymore. The list offends me, greatly.

Here's some shining examples of the deterioration of our society:
Black Sheep - like as if that has or ever had anything to do with Africans. Fuck!
Brainstorm - "might offend people with brain injuries"... I'm not making this up...
First world problem, ghetto, grandfathered in, spirit animal, and spooky.

LoL free speech.

/Off topic
I am sad when restaurants burn down. I blame Skip The D.

ExtraSlow
12-06-2021, 01:10 PM
I am also confident you can't say that.

D'z Nutz
12-06-2021, 01:18 PM
I bet it smelled nice though.

Tik-Tok
12-06-2021, 01:22 PM
I bet it smelled nice though.

Burnt sugar smells terrible.

Xtrema
12-06-2021, 03:13 PM
I remember going to this place when it was in Willow Park strip mall, so good. Haven’t been to this location at all. News article says fire considered suspicious, Beyond restaurant owners is this an easy thing to do? Then what claim insurance $$$? Or just get out of a lease.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/police-hunt-arsonist-in-chinatown-fire-1.903467

I remember it took whoever 2-3 tries to burn this one down in Chinatown. Been a parking lot ever since.

lilmira
12-06-2021, 03:23 PM
It's a peaceful protest for whatever matters.

mr2mike
12-07-2021, 12:14 AM
CBC had a story that remained popular all of last week (assumably with Trudeau voters) highlighting things they feel that you shouldn't say anymore. The list offends me, greatly.

Here's some shining examples of the deterioration of our society:
Black Sheep - like as if that has or ever had anything to do with Africans. Fuck!
Brainstorm - "might offend people with brain injuries"... I'm not making this up...
First world problem, ghetto, grandfathered in, spirit animal, and spooky.

LoL free speech.

/Off topic
I am sad when restaurants burn down. I blame Skip The D.

Please post the list for my less woked.

ThePenIsMightier
12-07-2021, 12:25 AM

The list has been grandfathered in.

Maxt
12-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Could be vagrants trying to keep warm. A lot of places I work are having issues with people breaking in to camp out, making pallet houses around docks, or turning garbage enclosures into 800 sq ft bachelor suites. They are pretty brazen, they'll start a fire in a building or around it with zero regard for damage or danger.

ExtraSlow
12-07-2021, 07:09 PM
Could be vagrants trying to keep warm. A lot of places I work are having issues with people breaking in to camp out, making pallet houses around docks, or turning garbage enclosures into 800 sq ft bachelor suites. They are pretty brazen, they'll start a fire in a building or around it with zero regard for damage or danger.

Jyoti is going to be so pissed at you for this hate crime.

Tik-Tok
12-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Always some homeless campers on the hill right behind that area too.

ExtraSlow
12-07-2021, 07:23 PM
Free spirited urban adventurers.

ThePenIsMightier
12-07-2021, 07:39 PM
Leftover victims from Harper's Canada.

ExtraSlow
12-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Future transitionees

2Legit2Quit
12-08-2021, 08:15 AM
Man in custody

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6274855

mr2mike
12-08-2021, 08:57 AM
Man in custody

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6274855

Gets his free all inclusive winter vacation.
Much success!

JRSC00LUDE
12-08-2021, 09:03 AM

Thank you for taking the heat off my stereotype humour with this egregious display of classist hatred.

Maxt
12-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Thank you for taking the heat off my stereotype humour with this egregious display of classist hatred.
I even tried to take the high road by referring to them as vagrants instead of bums.

you&me
12-08-2021, 04:52 PM

I had to look it up to see for myself - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/words-and-phrases-commonly-used-offensive-english-language-1.6252274

Wait, is saying "look" and "see" offensive like "blind eye"?

ExtraSlow
12-08-2021, 04:56 PM
that lame list is tone deaf and a perfect example of a brainstormed first world problem.

vengie
12-08-2021, 05:38 PM
I had to look it up to see for myself - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/words-and-phrases-commonly-used-offensive-english-language-1.6252274

Wait, is saying "look" and "see" offensive like "blind eye"?

That article is exactly why the CBC needs to be defunded.

mr2mike
12-08-2021, 05:39 PM
I even tried to take the high road by referring to them as vagrants instead of bums.

I picture your avatar guy in a North Face jacket huddled by a burning barrel figuring out his next phrase to put on the beat up piece of cardboard he took out of the Ginger Beef recycle bin.

Tik-Tok
12-08-2021, 05:54 PM
That article is exactly why the CBC needs to be defunded.

I don't think you should say "defunded" it might offend people who took a pay cut.

mr2mike
12-08-2021, 05:57 PM
Don't say pay cut.
Offensive to people who cut themselves.

Maybe don't say pay either.
Some are unemployed.

Tik-Tok
12-08-2021, 05:58 PM
Don't say pay cut.
Offensive to people who cut themselves.

Maybe don't say pay either.
Some are unemployed.

UNDERemployed, you unwoke prick.

ThePenIsMightier
12-08-2021, 05:59 PM
I don't think you should say "defunded" it might offend people who took a pay cut.

^It hurts deaf people, you fucking tone deaf, Monster! You're selling them right up the river.