PDA

View Full Version : Moving Company: Calgary to Kelowna

nismodrifter
12-20-2021, 11:35 AM
My parents home in Calgary has just sold.
They will be moving to Kelowna.
Move is in the next 30 days.
Size of move = a large 4 bedroom home.

I am looking for recommendations re: reputable companies that Beyonders may have positive experiences with in terms of an inter-province move.

It is the first time actually hiring a moving company as when we moved into that house 21 years ago we just DIY'd with U-Haul. No time for that now unfortunately.

Your suggestions are most appreciated.

killramos
12-20-2021, 11:48 AM
AMJ Campbell is who we used to move our stuff from Halifax a million years ago.

suntan
12-20-2021, 11:54 AM
I used Williams years ago. They were actually really good. I think it's a total crapshoot though. It just depends on how strung out the people they use are that day.

nismodrifter
01-20-2022, 01:28 PM
so an update. We went with Atlas Van Lines (https://www.kingstransfer.ca/) after I received a good recommendation from another Beyonder who moved from Calgary to BC.

Service was simply excellent. Not a single headache. Packers came the day before move and helped my mom with all of the breakables. On day of move, guys showed up on time, were super nice, and worked diligently from 8am until the job was done around 530pm. On the delivery side in Kelowna the same guys did the moving. No complaints at all. They assembled what they disassembled efficiently and without damaging anything.

Friendly, professional, and nothing was damaged. I was impressed. Would recommend.

ThePenIsMightier
01-20-2022, 01:37 PM
Negative-1 for:
"Two Small Retarded Men With Big Hearts No Directions"