PDA

View Full Version : Konto Furniture?

ExtraSlow
12-22-2021, 01:19 PM
Anyone know anything about Konto Furniture? Alberta company, wife likes a sofa from there. Good quality? Good price? Is it the same low-level shit everywhere sells or better made? I haven't done my research, my internet is down, relying on beyond for info.

Lex350
12-22-2021, 01:33 PM
Never heard of these guys before. Their pricing looks decent on the surface but havening not seen it, I don't know how well its made. This is a link to the parent company: https://nordicholdings.ca/nordic-holdings/about-nordic-holdings/

ExtraSlow
12-22-2021, 01:35 PM
probably all made-in-china shit.

Lex350
12-22-2021, 01:44 PM
Doesn't look like it by reading up on the company. Its more likely a combination of both. I would think thinks like chairs and stools might come from overseas but sofas and sections are probably made in Canada. There are a lot of manufacturers that make that sort of thing in Canada.

littledan
12-22-2021, 02:21 PM
I bought a Konto sectional in ~2007. It was a small condo sized microfibre 2pc sectional and it is still going strong. overall I would say the quality is pretty good but pricing was on the high side when I purchased it (I think I paid like $17-1800 in 2007 dollars). For contrast, I bought a faux pleather sectional w/ reclining headrests from a local furniture company that I think is made in china stuff which has also held up OK over the last 4 years and was significantly cheaper around $1100.

TLDR: would buy from there again if I could not find something cheaper at diff stores that I liked.

ThePenIsMightier
12-22-2021, 04:06 PM
They're fine. I've shopped there and I think my friends have bought something. There nothing wrong with them.
It's not high-end, super fancy but that should be obvious from the prices.

bjstare
12-22-2021, 11:13 PM
On a related note: does anyone know of options that have come into the local market to replace Nordesign? It was a really good happy medium of quality/price. I haven’t found anything since they left, and it’s disappointing.

killramos
12-23-2021, 08:12 AM
I also miss nordesign.

spikerS
12-23-2021, 11:20 AM
probably all made-in-china shit.

pretty much. all comes in on containers.

we bought a big sectional from sofa land who is affiliated with Konto. overall pretty happy with it, but one of our electric recliners have stopped working about 3 years after the purchase.