PDA

View Full Version : Family game pass xbox

03ozwhip
12-22-2021, 02:10 PM
Man, nothing ever seems to work the way that people say it does, so I need some help.

I just bought game pass on my Xbox. I added the kid to the family safety account. I DL FH5 on my Xbox, all good. Can't download it on his unless I signed in with my account.

So I did that. Now we can only play game pass on one Xbox at a time, no matter the game I'm playing. I did this so we could play FH5 against each other.

What do I do?

eglove
12-22-2021, 02:14 PM
Make his Xbox your accounts “home Xbox” then vice versa for his account

03ozwhip
12-22-2021, 02:18 PM
Make his Xbox your accounts “home Xbox” then vice versa for his account

You mean turn his into the organiser?

killramos
12-22-2021, 02:26 PM
It’s counter intuitive but it’s better to have the console the main account user uses not be the home console.

Home console anyone can login and use the games, so that’s the one your kid should use. You then use the other Xbox.

03ozwhip
12-22-2021, 02:31 PM
It’s counter intuitive but it’s better to have the console the main account user uses not be the home console.

Home console anyone can login and use the games, so that’s the one your kid should use. You then use the other Xbox.

I cant seem to find anywhere on the app to change that....

killramos
12-22-2021, 02:32 PM
I cant seem to find anywhere on the app to change that....

Settings. Account. Home Console?

I think instructions for setting home console is easily googleable.

Also you can only set a home console 3 times in 12 months.

Settings. General. Personalization is where it is

03ozwhip
12-22-2021, 02:45 PM
Settings. Account. Home Console?

I think instructions for setting home console is easily googleable.

Also you can only set a home console 3 times in 12 months.

Settings. General. Personalization is where it is

Ya I figured that out I've removed myself as home xbox, he is now home xbox. He still can't play fh5 because I have to be signed in because I have the game pass on my Xbox.

I've uninstalled fh5 on his xbox and he still can't download anything without me being signed in. This is way harder than it should be.

killramos
12-22-2021, 02:47 PM
You sign in on his Xbox. Set his Xbox as your home Xbox. Then you go away and let him do whatever he wants and you sign in to your other Xbox and use that.

Like I said. It’s counter intuitive, but it’s the way to do it.

Do not set his Xbox as his home Xbox.

03ozwhip
12-22-2021, 03:15 PM
You sign in on his Xbox. Set his Xbox as your home Xbox. Then you go away and let him do whatever he wants and you sign in to your other Xbox and use that.

Like I said. It’s counter intuitive, but it’s the way to do it.

Do not set his Xbox as his home Xbox.

I *think* I got it lol

killramos
12-22-2021, 03:48 PM
This is where the only 3 switches in one year comes in. You can only screw up so many times :rofl: