PDA

View Full Version : Fender bender advice needed

pdm111
12-23-2021, 10:18 PM
Hey Beyond, seeking some advice. No dash cam unfortunately.

tl;dr lady backs into me, says I hit her. I have a witness saying otherwise. Do I need to file an accident report with the police?

Long read:

I was going southbound on 52nd st going to the left turn lane onto 17th. Lady in a RAV4 in front was stopped in the crosswalk on the green. Lights turn red and she stays in the crosswalk. I leave about a car length between us. She then starts backing up, stops leaving about half a car length and puts it in drive. Then for some reason puts it in reverse again and starts backing up more. I lay on the horn but she hits me. She comes out screaming I hit her as I’m asking what she’s doing. I ask for her licence and insurance as she’s still blaming me.

Luckily there was a car behind me so I go over to the driver. He agrees she backed into me and she comes over and starts screaming at him when he said she hit me. She goes back to her rav as I finish getting the witness’s info.

I then go to her and she’s on the phone with her insurance company already. They tell her to exchange info with me and I go back to my car to move it and look at the damage. Literal fender bender where her rav’s bumper folded around my gti. She comes back and wants us to go to a parking lot so she can call her husband. I agree and we go a block away. She gets me to talk with him but I have a hard time hearing (speaker phone and accent). I tell him I’m going home to get a better look at my car and they can call me later.

Now the question is do I need to go file an accident report with the police? I’m fine with walking away but I’m worried she’s still trying to blame me

littledan
12-23-2021, 10:25 PM
100% file a report along with your witness statement. Otherwise she will file a report saying you rear ended her and you'll be fucked.

ExtraSlow
12-23-2021, 10:26 PM
File a report. It's easy.

tonytiger55
12-23-2021, 10:38 PM
File the report with the police and put in the details of your witness. She is already on the phone to the insurance company so its logged with them. Being hit from behind automatically puts you a fault unless you have a dashcam or you have a witness that says otherwise. So the police report will cover you.

A similar incident happened to a friend on 14th St. The car in front fell back on a incline. The driver did not have proper clutch control. He hit her car. He appologied and admitted fault. But when he got home, he changed his story to being rear ended. There was nothing she could do. Now she has a dash cam.

It just soooooooo happens that I am selling my old dashcam. It has a rear camera too. I bought a USB powercable for it too. But I upgraded to a fancy new cam. So im giving this away to a luck driver (it could be YOU) for a minor sum of $60.
I was rear ended last year and the rear cam caught everything.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/415555-FS-Front-and-Rear-Dash-Cam-60

rage2
12-24-2021, 12:12 AM
Tell her you have a dash cam then double dare her to file a report saying you rear ended her.

ThePenIsMightier
12-24-2021, 12:34 AM
Initiate involuntary fornication with her patriarch.

nicknolte
12-24-2021, 10:18 AM
Same situation happened to me. The guy got out of the truck and apologized for reversing into me at the scene, but later that day told insurance that I ran into him.

People are lying pieces of shit. File that police report and get a dashcam

Homerrca
12-24-2021, 10:27 AM
Since no one has said it yet..

Pics of the lady

mr2mike
12-24-2021, 11:58 AM
Good advice already given. Do the police report. Call and see if witness will help you out, maybe ask police what they need to confirm she backed up into you.

Initiate involuntary fornication with her patriarch.
While on speaker phone, did you manage to get a date where you can really show him who's the boss? (kidding).

ShermanEF9
12-24-2021, 12:09 PM
The obvious answer is to show dominance and fuck her husband.

In all seriousness, get a police report ASAP and talk to your insurance company. two against one is pretty powerful.

suntan
12-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Since no one has said it yet..

Pics of the lady
Sounds asian.

dirtsniffer
12-24-2021, 01:50 PM
Random backing up and fast enough to hit something? Sounds Russian

ExtraSlow
12-24-2021, 01:51 PM
Top tip, you should never need reverse on a roadway. Ever.

vengie
12-24-2021, 02:03 PM
Random backing up and fast enough to hit something? Sounds Russian

She was definitely Russian to get somewhere it seems.

J-D
12-24-2021, 02:08 PM
You are super lucky to have a witness, but for the love of god buy a dashcam! I don't know how people drive without them these days lol

suntan
12-24-2021, 02:19 PM
Never move the cars. Leave them there. Always, always call the police. Doesn't matter how small the accident.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Never move the cars. Leave them there. Always, always call the police. Doesn't matter how small the accident.

Agreed. Fuck everyone else, they are nothing but tricks and ho’s.

ExtraSlow
12-24-2021, 02:24 PM
She was definitely Russian to get somewhere it seems.

Were Ukrainian your neck to see that?

ThePenIsMightier
12-24-2021, 02:41 PM
*unsubscribed

pdm111
12-24-2021, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. The cop shop was closed early today so I’ll have to go next week. And she was African.

i thought the police don’t come out if the damage is under $3000 and no injuries.

ExtraSlow
12-24-2021, 04:27 PM
You can file a report online. Just do that, today.
https://www.calgary.ca/cps/calgary-police-service-district-offices.html

suntan
12-24-2021, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. The cop shop was closed early today so I’ll have to go next week. And she was African.

i thought the police don’t come out if the damage is under $3000 and no injuries.

I asked a cop, they said to call no matter what. And with the way cars are made today a scratch is $5000.

killramos
12-24-2021, 04:51 PM

In 2021 it costs $3k to fix a scratch. Call the cops and wait.

ThePenIsMightier
12-24-2021, 05:01 PM
In 2021 it costs $3k to fix a scratch. Call the cops and wait.

2022 will be $3,900 due to infellatio.
Better hurry

vengie
12-24-2021, 05:09 PM
Were Ukrainian your neck to see that?

I definitely would Czech it out.

ExtraSlow
12-24-2021, 05:12 PM
I haven't had a fender bender in like 15 years, but I think always worthwhile to make a police report no matter what. You can still choose to skip insurance if you are at fault and want to avoid the claim.

If someone jumped out and was screaming at me, that'd be a huge red flag and I would absolutely treat them like an enemy right away.

If there is damage on more than 1 panel, it'll be over the amount anyway and require a police sticker to even get repaired, so get at it.

mr2mike
12-24-2021, 06:35 PM
I definitely would Czech it out.

You guys, Romanian around the issue of heritage.

vengie
12-24-2021, 07:30 PM
You guys, Romanian around the issue of heritage.

It's all Finland games until someone gets offended.

killramos
12-24-2021, 07:35 PM
It's all Finland games until someone gets offended.

You must be Poland my leg…

vengie
12-24-2021, 07:43 PM
You must be Poland my leg…

No a-France, but that one needs work (I enjoyed it)

killramos
12-24-2021, 07:52 PM
No a-France, but that one needs work (I enjoyed it)

It just seemed a bit Sudan is all

vengie
12-24-2021, 08:01 PM
It just seemed a bit Sudan is all

Just Norway to predict the outcome

pdm111
12-24-2021, 08:48 PM
You can file a report online. Just do that, today.
https://www.calgary.ca/cps/calgary-police-service-district-offices.html

Clicked on the link, “All traffic collisions must be reported in person at your nearest District Office.”