PDA

View Full Version : Residential Windows

JfuckinC
01-17-2022, 08:11 AM
Anyone had any replaced lately? Looking to get a couple done and had a quote but their lead time on the actual Windows it’s 5 months. Is that pretty standard across the industry right now or are these guys just backed up? I know Covid supply chain issues are crushing every industry, but figured I’d ask anyway incase anyone had some work done recently!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2022, 08:16 AM
We’ve been waiting 3 months since ordering. We were told there’s a worldwide Low E glass shortage and to expect 3-6 months.

CarlLester
01-17-2022, 08:35 AM
Doing our whole house. Ordered in October. They called last week and they are supposed to be ready first week of February.

dirtsniffer
01-17-2022, 08:51 AM
how much $ are you expected to put down while you wait the 6 months? I dislike these situations.

Also I went to register for the green energy grant and the government site is not letting me sign up..

Tik-Tok
01-17-2022, 08:53 AM
We ordered last May and they weren't installed until October.

No money down, this was through Western Windows.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2022, 09:06 AM
how much $ are you expected to put down while you wait the 6 months? I dislike these situations.

Also I went to register for the green energy grant and the government site is not letting me sign up..

Depends on the company. We gave up on the grant, the hassle wasn’t worth the $1100 we would save.

JfuckinC
01-17-2022, 09:13 AM
Fair enough, figured it wasn’t an isolated thing. Tough situation cause we have a baby coming and the nursery is one of the Windows we need done haha. We’ll figure something out though, not much you can do about this stuff these days.

lilmira
01-17-2022, 09:22 AM
glass delivery is bad nowadays, thanks climate emergency

Xtrema
01-17-2022, 09:28 AM
With shitty wait time, is window resealing even worth consdiering?

Andy643
01-17-2022, 09:28 AM
We got windows through Lux. Ordered Sept/Oct and will be installed late March. 50% down and they did the eco rebate/grant paperwork for us.

Darell_n
01-17-2022, 09:45 AM
We got windows through Lux. Ordered Sept/Oct and will be installed late March. 50% down and they did the eco rebate/grant paperwork for us.

Good luck with Lux. My co-worker will be going on 12 months this Spring trying to get his Lux windows sorted out. Inspect them before install and refuse them if they don’t have the small equalizer hole between the panes. (triple pane glass)

ExtraSlow
01-17-2022, 09:45 AM
Anecdotal evidence, but the window manufacturing business is busy, as a waitress from one of my favourite dive bars just quit to go work at Ply-Gem.

Andy643
01-17-2022, 10:21 AM
Good luck with Lux. My co-worker will be going on 12 months this Spring trying to get his Lux windows sorted out. Inspect them before install and refuse them if they don’t have the small equalizer hole between the panes. (triple pane glass)

Appreciate the heads up. They did a big window and patio door for us 2 years ago without issue.
Hoping the small bedroom windows should be straight forward.